View Full Version : advise on purchase 2004 rs6

diegogotegui
September 21st, 2008, 19:28
Hello I’m from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMéxico City </ST1:p</st1:City>and currently stumbled on the opportunity of trading in my car (2007 325 bmw, lots of mods) for a 2004 rs6. I have driven an rs6 before and think its scary fast and even more so here in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMéxico City</ST1:p</st1:City> due to the altitude and the loss of hp compared to N/A cars.<O:p</O:p
The car in question has <st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="14,400 km">14,400 km</st1:metricconverter> and looks flawless. But I have been told that these cars have some problems that should be addressed before buying them and if so how expensive is the maintenance of the same.<O:p</O:p
Thanks.<O:p</O:p
Diego.<O:p</O:p

DHall1
September 21st, 2008, 19:41
Diego,

Buy the car. Educate yourself on maint and upkeep.

Use the search button. Its your friend.

:addict:

Hello I’m from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMéxico City </ST1:p</st1:City>and currently stumbled on the opportunity of trading in my car (2007 325 bmw, lots of mods) for a 2004 rs6. I have driven an rs6 before and think its scary fast and even more so here in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMéxico City</ST1:p</st1:City> due to the altitude and the loss of hp compared to N/A cars.<O:p</O:p
The car in question has <st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="14,400 km">14,400 km</st1:metricconverter> and looks flawless. But I have been told that these cars have some problems that should be addressed before buying them and if so how expensive is the maintenance of the same.<O:p</O:p
Thanks.<O:p</O:p

JCT2033
September 21st, 2008, 19:57
Diego,

DHall1 is right, use the search function and pay attention to the DRC system and transmission.

DuckWingDuck
September 21st, 2008, 21:01
If you're coming over from even a 325, be prepared for a much higher maintenance and upkeep. Remember, even though you may be buying it for X now, it was a $100K car and as such, its services costs and upkeep will be similar to other $100K cars like Porsches and what have you.

diegogotegui
September 23rd, 2008, 03:08
Thanks allot guys for your replies I wanted to ask this because dealers here in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pMexico</ST1:p</st1:country-region> tend to either neglect or simply forget to check certain aspects of used cars when taken on a full service. Anyways I decided not to get the car for some of the reasons stated above I am a little worried about he maintenance costs on the long run and since im still in college that is a problem for me This kind of high end cars seem to be a bit on the delicate side for example dad used to have an m5 and after six months of ownership and 2 smg gearboxes bmw Mexico finally decided to buy it back from him. Anyways thanks for everything for those wondering I went with a grand Cherokee srt8<O:p</O:p
Regards<O:p</O:p