PDA

View Full Version : Did I get the correct tire size?

jbtexas
September 21st, 2008, 03:20
Or I guess I should say, did I get the correct tire type?

Getting a little nervous after reading an old thread about how there is a "special" Michelin PS2 tire that is specific for the RS6 (?) The thread indicates that the "regular" PS2 will cause rubbing on the suspension because of the inner rim lip it has?

Anyway, here are the tires that just arrived new from tire rack. Can someone please let me know if I made a mistake, or if these are the correct tires? thanks

Michelin Pilot Sport 2

94795 (99Y) Extra Load

255/40ZR18

From another post:

"PS2 woes ... <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Whilst the PS2's were definitely quieter and grippier than the stock tires, they have rubbed really badly on the struts at the front to the point I'm having to replace them early.
Has anyone else experienced this with PS2's on the 18" factory rims"

DuckWingDuck
September 21st, 2008, 06:13
mmaturo has the specific PS2 tyre code to use when ordering...

hahnmgh63
September 21st, 2008, 06:24
The right size for stock 18" and you got the correct XL load rating. Sounds all good to me. MGH

DuckWingDuck
September 21st, 2008, 06:30
well, the stock PS2s will fit but there is a special PS2 tire code to use to prevent the inside rubbing.

jbtexas
September 21st, 2008, 13:51
well, the stock PS2s will fit but there is a special PS2 tire code to use to prevent the inside rubbing.

well...that sucks... tire rack didnt seem to know about this and it sure seems weird that they have specific tires for such a low volume model

mmaturo
September 21st, 2008, 18:21
mmaturo has the specific PS2 tyre code to use when ordering...

Yup, I answered him on Audiworld also...its the 19" PS2s that are the problem not the 18s. He should be fine.

mmaturo
September 21st, 2008, 18:26
well...that sucks... tire rack didnt seem to know about this and it sure seems weird that they have specific tires for such a low volume model

I worked with Discount Tire to find the right one and then have Michelin release it for sale in the US. I could not get Tire Rack to figure it out as they still have it wrong in the 19" size but i did let them know they needed to find the extra model number for the RS6 fitment. If someone is after the 19"s sit with whomever is ordering them for you and go through the Michelin catalog. It is there as a special for the RS6 (with a search you will find my post with the correct model number). It was really for Europe where most cars had the 19" 5 spoke wheels like in my sig so 1000s of cars as opposed to the low volume in the US where we just got the 18" wheels.