PDA

View Full Version : German muscle does bring some respect from the "car guy" crowd

DHall1
September 18th, 2008, 04:40
Hi all,

A funny thing happened today. My wife calls me from a hospital conference in Tucson. It seems some of her peers (car guys) noticed her in the E55. She was amused and listened to the jabber about all the vehicle specs and so on. The (car guys) wanted to introduce her to another car guy/CEO at the conference with this or that Benz when she told them "Oh, my husband is flying out to California next week to pick up his RS6" Then to her surprise....they knew exactly what the RS6 was and went right in to cardiac arrest.

Its interesting that these cars do get noticed. My wife was quite amused and thought the whole thing was quite funny. Just saying "RS6" and the car guys knew exactly what she was talking about. She has not even seen the RS6 yet and wants to know what all the hype is about.

:addict:

DuckWingDuck
September 18th, 2008, 04:52
in america, there's a very select group of people who know what the RS6 is. As much as I love the stealth of my car, sometimes, it's a bit too stealthy.....

DHall1
September 18th, 2008, 05:01
Greg,

Thats what I always thought as well. Can you imagine my wife seeing the looks on those faces when she realized they knew exactly what the RS6 was? Now my wife is asking me what in the world is the RS6!!! Haha

Its also funny, the young man that purchased my STI also knew exactly what the RS6 was and wanted a ride in it.

Its a small world.

in america, there's a very select group of people who know what the RS6 is. As much as I love the stealth of my car, sometimes, it's a bit too stealthy.....