PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Technician in New England?

JKN
September 16th, 2008, 15:16
Hi all,

Been dormant for a while.. My beast is now at 50K (I'm original owner) and I've been having suspension problems.. maybe this is a shared experience? In any event, I'm currently having my car serviced at a place where I am rapidly loosing confidence that they really know what they are doing. If I wanted someone in the New England, NY area to take a serious look at the car and suggest how to keep it running up to real snuff.. who might be a good pick?

I'm not interested in lambasting any particular dealer.. I'm trying to stay positive and look for some feedback on those that really know the RS6 well.

Thanks for any thoughts..

JK

DuckWingDuck
September 16th, 2008, 15:29
nene's in boston, maybe he'll have some recommendations. if your suspension's going then maybe consider going aftermarket since the DRC is just flawed.

JKN
September 16th, 2008, 15:53
Will do.. I guess I was looking to broaden my search beyond Boston area. Nene and I have been in touch before .. admittedly not for a while.

I had this experience that required incredible patience lately where my suspension was out and they needed some special tool to connect to a component to pressurize the system .... they searched for three weeks and finally found the part in some strange place somewhere .... it really rattled my sense of confidence in the team and the ability to "work the audi system".. and it's the place I bought my audi.

All the while they insisted initially (at 46,000) it was a subwoofer rattling in the trunk (which was bull) and then, after two more visits over a couple of months and once my odometer when to 50,001 they "found the problem" that I had to pay for.. I'm actually pretty seriously annoyed.. they wouldn't even admit that they may have made a mistake..

Aronis
September 16th, 2008, 16:41
I had mine originally worked on in Latham, NY (just next to Albany). That mechanic wanted to just change all parts, but was forced to follow the Audi process....that was one of the earliest DRC failures..

I ended up just doing a stop-by at a dealership just north of Syracuse, NY (Cicero, Burdick Audi) and that ended up being an RS6 dealership also. That tech fixed my car the first try.

But to be fair to the mechanic at Latham, had he been given free reign he probably would have fixed it.

It is not that complex. Replace any damaged shock (one that was bone dry), why not just do all four, check for any leaks. THEN lastly connect brand new Central valves.

The problem they appear to have is replacing ONE leaking part, only to waste the new central valve only to find another LEAK elsewhere.'

If one seal has gone (for what ever reason) perhaps the same process has damaged the other seal. There is a seal at each check valve position (front and rear) and both are exposed to the same environmental and/or design issues.

Good luck.

I'd have to recommend the guy in Cicero, NY...

Mike

nene
September 17th, 2008, 02:13
Sent you e-mail JK. My car is at dealer once again for the suspension as well. After replacing all 4 shocks, the front passenger side started to have issues once again. Mostly at low speeds, around 25-40MPH. Seems as if oil was not traversing the system fast enough during un-even pavement.

Seems the pressurization was missed in the first work order.
Will call tomorrow to see how things are going, as I was waiting for the right tool as well. Will keep you posted, as seemingly we may be using the same place.

Sent you e-mail with my phone number and e-mail if you want to discuss.