PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this Yonkers car?

930chas
September 14th, 2008, 23:16
I was just cruising through the usual suspects on cars.com and autotrader.com and found this beauty. It seems to be a great price considering the mileage. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=281509558 I didn't know if it was a forum member's ex car, or if anyone was familiar with it. I am going to give the seller a call tomorrow, see if the car is still available and then hopefully set up a PPI. I think it is too good a deal to pass up. Also, ran the carfax, for whatever that is worth, and it came back clean.

If this deal comes through, let the modding begin!!! :rs6kiss:

Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.

DuckWingDuck
September 15th, 2008, 00:06
that's a great price for that mileage! See if the dealer would be willing to CPO the car. Then it would def. be worth it. Unless you're looking to get an aftermarket warranty....

930chas
September 15th, 2008, 15:51
I just called the dealership about this car. What a joke!!!

I asked if they had service history,
"Yes, we will give you the carfax. It is a One owner car"

I said, I actually ran the Carfax last night and it comes up as a three owner car
"No, just one owner and then us."

Umm, ok, so Carfax lied.
no respnse

So, I asked if I could get it inspected
"All our cars are inspected before we sell them."

I explained that an RS6 isn't like a Chevy Cavailer and needs someone with some actual knowledge of the RS6 to go through the car,
"We are authorized to do inspections here."

So, I said you are an authorized Audi inspection center,
"No, we took the car and had it inspected"

So, can I see a copy of that report,
"We will give it to you when you buy the car. That information is very private."

Well, how abou telling me the dealership that did the inspection so I can call them,
"I am sorry our records are very very private I can not give that information out."

At which point, I just ended the conversation. A great price and could be a good buy, but not worth it to me to have deal with a lying scumbag.

DuckWingDuck
September 15th, 2008, 18:02
Um ya, I agree.

nene
September 16th, 2008, 04:42
When things sound too good to be true... 110% of the time, they are!!!