PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance for a 2003 rs6

puzger
September 12th, 2008, 19:52
Im looking into buying a 2003 rs6 and i was wondering what type of maintenance to expect.. all the ones i look at have around 40-60xxx miles and no warranty. have any of you ran into any major problems? if so, what kind of money did you have to drop to take care of it. any input will be useful and appreciated.. thanks!

:rs6kiss:

RIP- 2004 s4 :noshake:

DuckWingDuck
September 12th, 2008, 20:09
hehe.... Without resorting to my normal line, here are some thoughts...

1. It's a $100,000 car, so its maintenance is going to be relative to other cars in this price range. Normal oil change runs ~$250 at the dealership.

2. Tyres. Michelin PS2s which everybody seems to love run around $310/tyre uninstalled. So you're looking at over $1200 for tyres.

3. You really want some kind of warranty for this car, even if it's just CPO from Audi.

ben916
September 12th, 2008, 20:11
puzger, what is your location?

I think Copper or Blitzen had a great breakdown of the expected expenses.

puzger
September 12th, 2008, 20:31
they are hard to find in CPO. i found one and it has a lot of miles and the cpo warranty is only til feb of 09 ?? thats a big help :doh:

And I am located in PA :boring:

Copper
September 12th, 2008, 20:40
Swiped this from my old post.

Hope it helps!

LOL at DWD on restraint of "Search" comment hahaha!

DRC of course. I pay $150 for an oil change at the local dealer. The 35K service is in the $1500 area your dealer may vary. Other than that both of mine have been very reliable. I put 30K+ miles a year on my cars traveling all around th Southeast. RS6#1 = 67K miles and no mechnical issues or DRC problems, not a single failure. RS6#2 = 41K miles and also no DRC or mechnial issues. Only recent maint expense was (4) new tires (PS2's). I bought Revo flash program and programmer. No transmission issues after 8K miles. I take this one in for regular service (oil change, fluids) tomorrow morning first thing. Again, your results may vary but I'm an old P-Car guy (1995 993 C2 and 1996 993TT) so this has been nothing new for me a far as maint prices. I drive my cars pretty tamely considering all the potential and don't "beat" on it daily. I let the turbos loose every once in ahwile for a nice little rush (see your crack house comment) but nothing too crazy.

DuckWingDuck
September 12th, 2008, 21:04
copper, how much will a 993tt run me?

DHall1
September 12th, 2008, 22:46
Copper,

Ditto on the DWD search comment. :)

I would agree completely with your observations. Drive the car with civility and pounce when needed and it will treat you accordingly. Treat it like a cheap hoo*&r and your mileage will vary.

Your crack house in the garage is very similar to mine. I will be adding the RS6 in the next day or so to go along with my wifes E55 Supercharged AMG. We have plenty of crack to go around as well. Out back are some of my tinker toys that range between 4 and 600hp as well. Who says we have a gas crisis.

Long live hp and boost!

Dave....about to be an official beast member. :addict:

Hope it helps!

LOL at DWD on restraint of "Search" comment hahaha!

DRC of course. I pay $150 for an oil change at the local dealer. The 35K service is in the $1500 area your dealer may vary. Other than that both of mine have been very reliable. I put 30K+ miles a year on my cars traveling all around th Southeast. RS6#1 = 67K miles and no mechnical issues or DRC problems, not a single failure. RS6#2 = 41K miles and also no DRC or mechnial issues. Only recent maint expense was (4) new tires (PS2's). I bought Revo flash program and programmer. No transmission issues after 8K miles. I take this one in for regular service (oil change, fluids) tomorrow morning first thing. Again, your results may vary but I'm an old P-Car guy (1995 993 C2 and 1996 993TT) so this has been nothing new for me a far as maint prices. I drive my cars pretty tamely considering all the potential and don't "beat" on it daily. I let the turbos loose every once in ahwile for a nice little rush (see your crack house comment) but nothing too crazy.

snoopra
September 13th, 2008, 04:22

....The 35K service is in the $1500 area your dealer may vary........

Did they pull the engine/trans or just pulled off the front end?