PDA

View Full Version : who else is stuck on MS6

dubya
July 24th, 2003, 07:04
Hi all.
I've been browsing here for a while and I finally decided to post something. I've been a VAG driver for the past 5 years...'98 A4 1.8T, '01 S4 avant, and currently a '00 supercharged Passat. The Passat's a great car (with the supercharger) but I miss my Audi's.

I finally convinced my dad to join the Audi family, and what does he do.....he goes out and orders an :addict: I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the beast.

Who else (in the states) is in MS 6? Our car got there on July 4. I hope it gets here soon. And for those that have there cars already....what/if any reaction are you getting from other drivers. Do many people recognize the car? I can't wait till I see my first one on the road.

:cheers: to a great site.

Bauer
July 24th, 2003, 07:44
From the experiences I have read from other NOW owners. The web site is in most cases compleatly inacurate. Some people have ther cars but it says MS6 or MS7 on the web site. I have been stuck in MS1 for almost two months now.......as were several other members but then went from MS1 to 2 to 4 then 6 in like two weeks?????? So the piece of advice that was given to me which I will give to you is ignore the web site. It was driving me insane. I would either call the dealer or AoA to get status. Also I do know some cars were held at port in the U.S. for various reasons which I suspect they should sort out for later cars comming in. I hope this helps.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4modified
03 RS6 ordered

GoFastKindaGuy
July 24th, 2003, 15:44
My experience:
MS1 55 days (including one bounce back into "in planning")
MS2 4 days
MS3 1 day
MS4 7 days
MS5 3 days
MS6 12 days and counting.

Hey, its marginally better than nothing. I would have preferred a key fob or something.

:race:

RS6FEVR
July 24th, 2003, 16:14
:cheers: dubya

The site says my car completed MS6 as of 7/6. No further information from the site or my dealer (who checked yesterday and said all he could discern was that the car was on a boat confirming at least what MS6 means; "your car has left the port"). As said above, a nice key fob or other RS6 related memorabilia would have been substantially better marketing IMHO than the frustration of bad information.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

dubya
July 24th, 2003, 16:52
hey RS6FEVR,

I'm assuming that our cars are on the same boat..are you picking yours up in Chicago? If you are, my dad's might be there at the same time, he ordered thru Laurel Audi...

RS6FEVR
July 24th, 2003, 17:25
Hey dubya :cheers:
My dealer is Schaumburg Audi. There is another waiter here who is taking his delivery through Laurel though, and his could be around the same time frame. It appeared he was about a week ahead of me, but his latest information seems to be closer to mine. In any event, let us know how it goes with your dad's delivery. I might just need a fix and go down there when he picks his up anyhow!!! ;) ;)

:addict: FEVR :addict:

Rally
July 24th, 2003, 17:52
I too reached Milestone 6 on July 4th.
The dealer log showed it's on a boat.
The dealer said it takes three weeks to get stateside (or rather into the system stateside) and two more weeks to make it to the NW.
I would think an update would be available next week.

nene
July 24th, 2003, 18:18
I'm a proud owner of an RS6 for about a week now.
The best reaction I've seen was from a Subary WRX Impreza owner (young guy).

I was on a 4 lane highway, on the second lane from the right. He was coming in strong on the left lane...not that much traffic.
He applied his brakes really hard when he noticed the beast, and stayed at my speed for about 50 seconds, still on his lane.
He opened his mouth so wide, as in saying WOW, and kept looking at my car. He then took off, on his way to whatever was really rushing him.

Most ppl buy cars to get from point A->B. But those that know cars, do notice the beast, and it's usually a Kodak moment when they notice it.

I have to admit that I'm a little bit vain in this respect. I just ordered a vanity plate for Massachusetts, RSSIX, and it will be here in just 2 weeks. I'm still wrestling with the fact that I want to tint the windows, just so people can see who is driving the car, M-E!

That's just me.

Snow
July 24th, 2003, 22:23
Originally posted by nene
Most ppl buy cars to get from point A->B. But those that know cars, do notice the beast, and it's usually a Kodak moment when they notice it.

Hm, that pretty much covered my reactions first time I saw it in real life. :D

Benman
July 25th, 2003, 02:27
Originally posted by Snow
Hm, that pretty much covered my reactions first time I saw it in real life. :D

as did mine:D

BTW dubya, welcome to the forum:cheers: it is indeed THE place for the RS 6 owner and enthusiasts:bow: if it helps any, the website states that i'm at Milestone 5 and i know for a fact (from my contact at quattro) that my RS 6 is already on the boat being shipped. so i would imagine that you're a little ahead in the process. the waiting is the hardest part, but once you drive it ... OH MAN:cheers:

Ben:addict:

BBGT2
July 25th, 2003, 05:54
Dubya,

Welcome to our world. :addict:
I have mine ordered thru Laurel Audi in Tinley Park.
I too have been in MS6 for 2 weeks as have other guys here.
I didnt bother calling my dealer he (like me is clueless) but I dont care it will get here sometime soon.
Good luck with yours.

Bajo:addict: