PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling the vibe for a new set of these on the ride

Bigglezworth
September 11th, 2008, 06:47
The new-to-me ride came with a brand new set of rotors, pads, and all season tires. The rims have some minor curb rash though and I've had a hankering to put on a nice set of 19's for the summer months with some nice performance tires and leave the 18's with the all seasons.

I think these would look tight on the RS6. They have the same backspacing and would be direct bolt ons. Is there anyone with some photoshop experience able to image these in on a side view of the RS6?

http://www.auctionlistingcreator.com/users/eurowhe/eBayAuctions/audi539/images/539B.jpg

Aronis
September 11th, 2008, 18:29
do they come in mirror image for each side.....I don't like asymetrical rim designs unless they are specifically designed as a right and a left side.

Recall the old M5 wheels with the built in FANS to cool the brakes. They came as right and left.

By the way, I had all four of my rims repaired to like new....for $400. total...so that minor road rash is easy to fix and cheaper than new rims.

Mike

Bigglezworth
September 11th, 2008, 19:38
do they come in mirror image for each side.....I don't like asymetrical rim designs unless they are specifically designed as a right and a left side.

Recall the old M5 wheels with the built in FANS to cool the brakes. They came as right and left.

By the way, I had all four of my rims repaired to like new....for $400. total...so that minor road rash is easy to fix and cheaper than new rims.

Mike
I don't think they are handed no. Given this particular design with the one set of spokes over the other I'm not so certain anyone would even notice. I can indeed have the curb rash on my existing rims repaired rather econominally. I was looking at this options because I'm one of those people that likes the winter tire aspect. I keep the smaller 18" rim for winter (already banged up a bit) with new M&S tires. Then use a 19" rim that I could have painted the Daytona Gray to match the car, run higher performance tires than the all seasons, and get that 5 spoke design that shows off the brakes behind.

Tim

http://www.auctionlistingcreator.com/users/eurowhe/eBayAuctions/audi539/images/Picture419.jpg

DuckWingDuck
September 11th, 2008, 19:39
I still have a set of 18" OEMs for sale.. heh.

Leadfoot
September 11th, 2008, 21:51
They look similar to A5 optional rims.

Bigglezworth
September 11th, 2008, 22:02
They look similar to A5 optional rims.That's what they are yes.

mmaturo
September 12th, 2008, 22:52
That's what they are yes.

I think the hub size is different...I was going to use my RS6 wheels on an S5 i ordered(and since turned down) but i could not use them after researching it. I don't think it will work.

DHall1
September 12th, 2008, 23:42
Greg,

PM me with some info

I still have a set of 18" OEMs for sale.. heh.

DuckWingDuck
September 12th, 2008, 23:46
Dave, PM on the way. And i am flexible.

Bigglezworth
September 13th, 2008, 00:09
I think the hub size is different...I was going to use my RS6 wheels on an S5 i ordered(and since turned down) but i could not use them after researching it. I don't think it will work.From what I got at the dealer the bolt pattern, width, and offset are the same (aside from a 30mm vs. a 32mm difference in offset). I can't see any reason they wouldn't fit. Many times it's due to caliper clearance, but with the the near same offset and the additional 1" in diameter, there should be no problems.