PDA

View Full Version : TPMS for US version RS 6, through RNS-E?

snoopra
September 11th, 2008, 02:47
Is there a way to install tire pressure monitor through the RNS-E deck? I bought a set of S5 wheels and they came with the TPMS.

skiwi
September 11th, 2008, 09:39
no, the units require readers in the wheel wells and communicate to a controller that displays through the dis.

JRS-RS6
January 16th, 2010, 19:41
Is there a way to install tire pressure monitor through the RNS-E deck? I bought a set of S5 wheels and they came with the TPMS.

I quess this means we do NOT have TPMS in our US RS6s?

droogie5
January 16th, 2010, 21:51
No, we don't have it. And I don't think I'd want it.... then you have to worry about a set in all your wheels for those of us that swap for show/snow/track/summer or whatever.

Just check your pressure as part of your care regimen.

I just got done replacing all 4 on my Range Rover... $500 and that was cheap because the sensors are a ford part. On that note, a word of caution... NEVER use metal valve stem caps. I did on the RR and the metal was incompatible with the stem metal... they fused on like a weld, torquing them off torqued the whole stem off.

PPSSSSSSHHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!

:doh:

JRS-RS6
January 17th, 2010, 02:01
Thanks droogie5,

That is why I asked. I am happy we don't, it makes moving forward on a new set of wheels a more realistic proposition for me. I will keep the no metal caps in mind for when I do have a car with TPMS.