PDA

View Full Version : What to check???????

gorwanvfr
September 9th, 2008, 19:33
Hi
Seriously thinking about buying a 2003 RS6 with 36,600 miles on the clock, it has a full Audi service history. What do I need to look out for/ check when I go to see it? Have read a few threads about the DRC giving problems is there any way of checking it? Is there anything in particular to the RS6 that needs checking? Any help/ advice would be great.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

grizz
September 9th, 2008, 19:40
Hi bud there are you ??

Even if it's got audi history doesn't mean it's been looked after properly. Check the brakes & tyres as they all cost a lot to replace .

Take a look on www.rs246.com (http://www.rs246.com) For other topics on the DRC . There is a lot on it .

They are fantastic cars , get one i did 2 years ago ..

gorwanvfr
September 9th, 2008, 19:47
Hi Grizz,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Living in Ireland, could not agree more about a full service history!!!!!! It’s like saying one lady owner (who has five sons!!!!) The car is going to cost me around €44,000 all in after I pay the Irish VRT bringing the car in from the UK. So that’s why I want to make sure it is as good as it looks. I have a mechanical background so really looking for any special things to look out for with the RS6. Everything I have read about the car says how good it is!!! So really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

DHall1
September 9th, 2008, 21:28
If your serious about one of these cars....and are willing to wait for the right one. You should be reading past posts, using the search feature and searching other Audi sites. Audiworld

We have been talking about this very topic at length for the last several months and there are threads after threads on what to look for and how to diagnose the DRC for potential failure.

That said, good luck! I hope its the right one.

Hi Grizz,<O:p></O:p>
Living in Ireland, could not agree more about a full service history!!!!!! It’s like saying one lady owner (who has five sons!!!!) The car is going to cost me around €44,000 all in after I pay the Irish VRT bringing the car in from the UK. So that’s why I want to make sure it is as good as it looks. I have a mechanical background so really looking for any special things to look out for with the RS6. Everything I have read about the car says how good it is!!! So really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

DuckWingDuck
September 9th, 2008, 22:21
the easiest way to check the drc is to take it up to 75~80 and jerk the steering to see if you get that wobbly feeling. Of course, some might say that that is dangerous, but I say, what's life without a little danger!

The other way to check is to unmount the tyres and check if the shocks are leaking oil.

DHall1
September 9th, 2008, 22:36
Mr Jones walks up to Mr Smith who is selling his mint 24k mile RS6 and says. "I want to drive your car 80mph and test the DRC by turning the car at extreme limits."

Mr Smith proceeds to get his 45 out of the bookcase and shoot Mr Jones dead.

:addict:

the easiest way to check the drc is to take it up to 75~80 and jerk the steering to see if you get that wobbly feeling. Of course, some might say that that is dangerous, but I say, what's life without a little danger!

The other way to check is to unmount the tyres and check if the shocks are leaking oil.

DuckWingDuck
September 9th, 2008, 23:16
hehe, I took my rs6 up to 120 when i was test driving it with the sales guy ;) Though we have a good relationship

Bigglezworth
September 10th, 2008, 06:26
hehe, I took my rs6 up to 120 when i was test driving it with the sales guy ;) Though we have a good relationship
It wasn't an RS6, but I did test drive an M5 and the salesman rode with me. After warming the ride up and then hopping in, he looked at me and said, "Drive it like you stole it". So I did just that!:jlol: I was as close to completing the purchase on the ride as one can get (including inspections, registry searches, etc.). I then opted to pull the plug on the 4dr super sedan at the time and went the route of a 2 seater mid engine exotic. Now I have the super sedan AND the 2 seater and am as happy as one can get. :)

Anyway's - not on topic and not helpful to the matter at hand - but a fun story for me.

gorwanvfr
September 10th, 2008, 07:26
If your serious about one of these cars....and are willing to wait for the right one. You should be reading past posts, using the search feature and searching other Audi sites. Audiworld

We have been talking about this very topic at length for the last several months and there are threads after threads on what to look for and how to diagnose the DRC for potential failure.

That said, good luck! I hope its the right one.

Thanks DHall1 for the wishes. I have searched and read a lot about the DRC problems but most of the time people talk about bringing in to Audi for repair. Some people say look for leaks (oil) but then other people have said their system stopped working but they had no leaks!!! Others talk about just bouncing the car by hand. From reading it looks like it's the only test. Apart from the DRC problem from reading it looks like it's a bullet proof car:thumb: