PDA

View Full Version : You've gotta love uninformed salesmen...

bilbozilla
July 24th, 2003, 04:42
The latest genius at my local Audi dealer told me the shark fin was to tell the air conditioning when to turn on when the car got too hot inside. I didn't have the heart to tell him A8s have had that for years sans fin. He had himself convinced. I was curious to hear what he would tell me the wheels are for - maybe they asssisted with the radar-jamming capabilities of the vehicle. Never BS a BSer. Tell me folks, what tops this kind of nonsense?

Mr. Fru-T Pants
July 24th, 2003, 05:18
Just say, "No, no...that's what the intercoolers are for...to modulate the inside ambient air temp.". But be REALLY serious and adamant about it. Tell him that they are a brand new Audi innovation that are making their debut in the RS6, exclusively. Then try and keep a straight face-

heh...

Fru-T`

taipan
July 24th, 2003, 06:45
You can try the official story of Audi UK about defective rims on the RS4, I'm sure the salesman will be impressed (and feel proud) :

"The latest Audi rims are designed to bend in order to protect the tire.
It's a new safety feature that was added after the sales brochure were printed, thus it isn't mentionned there nor in the owner's manual.
The way it works is simple : if you run into a pot-hole that could damage the tire, the rim will bend first and you will feel it immediatly as the car starts vibrating.
Thus you'll know you need to have your tire checked because it might be damaged and need replacement."

Not bad, huh ?

Eric

Snow
July 24th, 2003, 11:56
:hihi:

Carsalesmen. No further comments.

iconcls
July 24th, 2003, 13:08

nene
July 24th, 2003, 14:58
Thanks for this mornings session. This was some really funny stuff, and I enjoyed giggling.
Thanks again.