PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

REALYSM
September 7th, 2008, 21:39
Hello all. I posted a thread a while ago when i first purchased my rs6 asking if there was an way that i could tell if it was chipped. I never found time to check but I did have mytiming belt done since then. After I had that done, a day later I got a check engine light. Checked the code and found it to be the Torque Converter! A tech at my dealer checked the code and cleared it temporarily until I get to the TC. Here is the problem...since he did whatever was neccessary to clear the code (reflash possibly?) my cars feels a good deal slower! Could it be that he erased whatever map that was loaded in my car or could it be in relation to the TC? I am reallly thinking that my car my have been chipped at this point. If so, I must get it done again because it is a huge step backwards. The difference is amazing! Any thoughts on what it may be? For once I don't think I can be flamed for not using the search feature :)

DHall1
September 8th, 2008, 03:31
Your car could feel slower due to the TC being faulty.

Clearing codes will not remove a hard flash from a chip upgrade.

Hello all. I posted a thread a while ago when i first purchased my rs6 asking if there was an way that i could tell if it was chipped. I never found time to check but I did have mytiming belt done since then. After I had that done, a day later I got a check engine light. Checked the code and found it to be the Torque Converter! A tech at my dealer checked the code and cleared it temporarily until I get to the TC. Here is the problem...since he did whatever was neccessary to clear the code (reflash possibly?) my cars feels a good deal slower! Could it be that he erased whatever map that was loaded in my car or could it be in relation to the TC? I am reallly thinking that my car my have been chipped at this point. If so, I must get it done again because it is a huge step backwards. The difference is amazing! Any thoughts on what it may be? For once I don't think I can be flamed for not using the search feature :)

DuckWingDuck
September 8th, 2008, 16:23
Ya, clearing an error simply removes the check engine light, it won't do anything else, including resolving the problem. And why is the technician still letting you drive around with a faulty torque converter? Sounds like a transmission swap....