PDA

View Full Version : Another happy owner...

StanYau
September 7th, 2008, 18:34
At last, after pre-ordering the car last September (just after it was unveiled at the Frankfurt show), I have finally managed to get my new RS 6 Avant.

On top of the standard UK spec (which already includes 20" wheels, 3-level DRC, and other bits and pieces), I also went for:

Valcona Leather
Ceramic Brakes
Adaptive Cruise Control
Audi Parking System Advanced
Advanced Key
Electrically-adjustable Steering Column
Headlining in microfibre Nardia
Load-area Fixing Kit
Memory Function for Front Passenger Seat (standard for Driver)
Reversible Mat
Roll-up Sunscreen for Rear and Rear-Side Windows
Electric Sunroof
Power Door Closure
Twin-Pane Glass
Floor mats with RS 6 Logo

Having sat and played with the car for some hours, I can honestly say I don't have any regrets at all!

I'm still driving fairly sensibly at the moment - the manual indicates a run-in period of 2,500 km (1,553 miles) before I can start thrashing the engine... :(

I've stuck a small batch of photos (comparing the new RS 6 against my old A3 Sportback) here: http://cid-4e1a5ecb8134dc4d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/080907%20Audi%20RS%206%20Avant?view=thumbs

I'll report back with any interesting insights!

ben916
September 7th, 2008, 22:30
Since us yanks haven't had the glorious opportunity to see/sit/drive/thrash the 08 RS6, what is the bar in the cargo area? Picture is DSC02328

StanYau
September 7th, 2008, 22:45
The bar is part of the "load-area fixing kit" option - keeps the boot to a managable size for day-to-day use. As an example - I usually just tot about a notebook bag when travelling to work - without the bar, it'd be flying all over the vast boot! By placing the bag between the bar and the boot door, the movement is limited.

You also get the retractable belt as part of this kit (you can see it more clearly in DSC02326 - it's at the far-right of the boot).

The car comes with a cargo-net as standard (again, tucked away in the compartment on the near-right of the boot in DSC02326) - but I find it a hassle to loosen and re-fasten every time I need to load up.

StanYau
September 7th, 2008, 22:48
Quick observation - I didn't realise that the RS 6 had LED interior "mood" lighting inside the car.

When I was driving it around last night, I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the doors and footwells have a subtle white glow thanks to the LED lighting.

It's nice to see that the lighting also applies to the rear - it illuminated both rear passenger footwells very well, and basked the doors in a nice, subtle light.

I've since found out that the lighting can be increased, dimmed or turned off altogether through the MMI.

I don't think I've ever read or heard anyone mention this, so it was pleasantly surprising to find it in the car...!

liwi
September 8th, 2008, 12:45
I noticed that too...a little bit of luxury..isn't it?
btw whereabouts are u in da UK?

Bobbersmill
September 8th, 2008, 15:04
I have noticed that there was a uk car with 20" rs4 alloys but its not on the configerator. Also noticed you can get optics in Europe but not in uk. A black car with optics and RS4 alloys would look fantastic as the rs6 alloys dont do the car any favours.

StanYau
September 8th, 2008, 15:45
liwi - I'm based in Aberdeen, right up the North-East of Scotland...