...is on sale from today.

€130.600,00 in Germany with Mwst.

0-100km/h: 5.5s
Max: 250km/h(limited)
2605kg

Erik
September 5th, 2008, 17:05
Heavy numbers...

Might be something to beat my current FIA record with...

RXBG
September 5th, 2008, 17:41
i was wondering what was happening with this beast. if they put this engine in the D4 it'll haul ass.

Benman
September 5th, 2008, 18:08
Heavy numbers...

Including that price! $188K USD!!! :MTM:

Ben:addict:

The RS6
September 5th, 2008, 18:46
http://www.audi.de/audi/de/de2/neuwagen/q7/q7_v12tdi_quattro.html

JavierNuvolari
September 5th, 2008, 19:03
Including that price! $188K USD!!! :MTM:

That's just ridiculous. I look forward to see some comparative tests between this beats and the Cayenne Turbo...specially a rolling start head to head:hihi: .

Saludos

Benman
September 5th, 2008, 20:03
That's just ridiculous. And that is just because of the dollar's recent "surge". Last month that price would have been $210K USD!!!

chewym
September 5th, 2008, 20:20
It's 5,300 Euro more than the A8 W12 L. I think that makes it the most expensive Audi ever. 20,000 more than the Cayenne Turbo (but I bet Porsche will catch up with options) But at least you can save some major money on your fuel bill by getting 32% more miles to the gallon than the Cayenne Turbo.

KresoF1
September 5th, 2008, 21:04
It's 5,300 Euro more than the A8 W12 L. I think that makes it the most expensive Audi ever. 20,000 more than the Cayenne Turbo (but I bet Porsche will catch up with options) But at least you can save some major money on your fuel bill by getting 32% more miles to the gallon than the Cayenne Turbo.

Cayenne Turbo S...

€132.774,00 with Mwst. Germany

0-100km/h:4.8s
Max: 280km/h
2355kg
358g/km CO2 emission

BTW, Audi Q7 V12 TDI CO2 emission is 298g/km...

With same equipment level CTS is about €12K more expensive...

Leadfoot
September 6th, 2008, 00:28
There is few car I would love to try more than the big Q7v12TDi, the sheer torque of this thing will be truly amazing to behold. The Cayenne Turbo S might (and I mean might) be quicker in all out acceleration but I bet the in-gear times of the Q7 will be monstrous in comparison.

The only thing that is sure to disappoint is it's handling, there is no way you can place such a heavy engine in the nose and not effect the way the thing drives and changes direction.

But then this car wasn't designed to thunder around the track, it's ideal place is thundering down the Autobahn and this it will do very well indeed.

kju
September 6th, 2008, 01:12
i just love the Q7

did anyone of you guys drove the Q7 4.2 TDI and the 4l FSI ?
how it feels ?

take a Q7 4.2 TDI over a RS6 03 ?

Benman
September 6th, 2008, 01:34
did anyone of you guys drove the Q7 4.2 TDI and the 4l FSI ?
how it feels ?

I believe gjg drove the 4.2TDI and loved it. I doubt however he'd take it over the RS 6. He did say it was more practical though...

54m
September 6th, 2008, 01:58
Makes me wonder what a re-map will do this with the power figure it's currently at :hihi:

funky
September 8th, 2008, 17:33
in depth look:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080908.001/page1/audi-q7-v12-tdi-in-depth
:bow:

kju
September 8th, 2008, 20:24
do you know what car will be the next Q7 , i mean like RS6 C5 and C6...or a bigger QX (no crap q5 or something...)
I mean what will be the name and how will it look like ?
Q8 ?

ZeroCool
September 8th, 2008, 20:49
i think it will always be called Q7

gjg
September 10th, 2008, 15:30

well, configured (without any of "Audi Exclusive" options) comes up to about 146k Euro.

And, as far as consumption, more likely half of Cayenne Turbo - remember, if Cayenne takes less than 40l/100km than there is something wrong... you will have to work hard on Q7 to get it to 20l/100km (except running wot on a-bahn...)

Benman
September 10th, 2008, 18:07
well, configured (without any of "Audi Exclusive" options) comes up to about 146k Euro.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

So I take it you'll be buying two then George? ;) :D

gjg
September 10th, 2008, 21:17
:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

So I take it you'll be buying two then George? ;) :D

most likely not, since I use it mainly as a winter car and this would be bit of overkill.... it has long way to go to rs6 :hihi:

RS246
September 10th, 2008, 22:37
Cool car !!! :revs:

Leadfoot
September 11th, 2008, 17:52

And, as far as consumption, more likely half of Cayenne Turbo - remember, if Cayenne takes less than 40l/100km than there is something wrong... you will have to work hard on Q7 to get it to 20l/100km (except running wot on a-bahn...)

If indeed it ends up to actually be this economical then that will be some achievement and in a way will justify putting such a monstrous engine in the Q7.

I just hope it can handle remotely well.

Jetset
September 11th, 2008, 23:43

I've had Cayenne Turbo for some time, driven about 30.000km and average consumption is currently 13.2 l/100km (combined city and longer drives). When I was driving aroun Europe (6500 km) average was 11.8 l/100km. btw I have Techart tuned engine 540 + hp.

Clio16V
September 17th, 2008, 22:11
http://www.abhd.nl/video/audi-q7-v12-tdi/

:)

kju
September 18th, 2008, 01:55
i just love the Q7 with 500 HP is just georgeous!!!

but i HATE the diesel sound...there is actually not a realy good sound, i hate it

gjg
September 18th, 2008, 20:32
If indeed it ends up to actually be this economical then that will be some achievement and in a way will justify putting such a monstrous engine in the Q7.

I just hope it can handle remotely well.

Leaddie, how wasa the handling of 4.2 TDi compared with 3.0 TDi? I drove the 4.2 FSI and it was ok, not sure what the V8 diesel would do?

Leadfoot
September 18th, 2008, 22:27
gjg,

The 4.2TDi was a very short test drive at an Audi events day, lots of stuff to get through including R8, TT-S, S5 and A4. Didn't get much chance of throwing the thing around much though there was no disguising it's weight but the thing could really run, God knows what the big v12TDi will be like.

The best way to describe the difference in performance between the 3.0TDi and the 4.2TDi is to imagine driving a hot hatch (GTI or ST220) in the wrong gear (4th instead of 3rd, etc), that's the 3.0TDi and the 4.2TDi is the same car but in the right gear and right on boost.

I never got to drive the 4.2FSI but I reckon the diesel equivalent would be quicker in every discipline you care to throw at them.

These are the sort of cars which mighty diesel engines were meant for, whether a R8v12TDi will be a success is hard to know but in the Q7 it will be a compelling argument. As I said earlier, it's a car I am dieing to test drive, though the chance of getting a go will be slim at best.

roadrunner
September 19th, 2008, 10:39
Leaddie, how wasa the handling of 4.2 TDi compared with 3.0 TDi? I drove the 4.2 FSI and it was ok, not sure what the V8 diesel would do?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by handling, but after a week with a Europecar Q7 4.2 TDI this spring in Germany i can assure you it drives great, no complaints about the way it handles on the road. We did some 4-5h Autobahn runs, City driving + backroads to Nordsee.

the only slight complaint: because it gains speed so effortlessly and fast (and you are tepmted to use it :hihi: ) you have to break hard to bringt the speed down (here you feel the weight). This might be only a concern, when you have two smal kinds in the back ;)

Want to know anything else, just drop a line. It was a full specked: air suspension, sline in/out, open sky, electric tailgate, rear camera,...)

Would be my dream family hauler :incar:

cheers
seb.

gjg
September 21st, 2008, 10:31
thanks for the feedback on 4.2 - 3.0 is just too slow when you need a little more acceleration, and once you start on throttle the fuel economy goes straight to hell

Other than that everything is fine

roadrunner
September 22nd, 2008, 14:01
thanks for the feedback on 4.2 - 3.0 is just too slow when you need a little more acceleration, and once you start on throttle the fuel economy goes straight to hell

Other than that everything is fine

That is no problem with the 4.2 AT ALL :hihi:

Milage was ~13L/100 Km if i recall correctly for the whole trip (with 180- 220 runs from Cologne to Hamburg and back)

Glad i could help - so you are thinking of replacing your 3.0?

cheers
seb.

gjg
September 27th, 2008, 03:28
Milage was ~13L/100 Km if i recall correctly for the whole trip (with 180- 220 runs from Cologne to Hamburg and back)

Glad i could help - so you are thinking of replacing your 3.0?

cheers
seb.

180-210 trip on A3/A6 with 3.0 runs about 18L/100 Km average :doh: and yes, replacement under consideration.. :hihi:

Leadfoot
October 2nd, 2008, 21:16
£100K retail is the UK.

Yeah, I'll have two at that price.

emve
October 4th, 2008, 14:35
Seems it does 0-200km/h in about 18s, just like Cayenne Turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4muTCdqSx8

Leadfoot
October 4th, 2008, 23:51
This thing looks to me like it's quicker to 250km/h than a Cayenne TurboS.

darkart
October 21st, 2008, 19:17
Did Audi show the Q7 V12 TDI at Paris motor show? There is no info about this, no impressions and no photos.

Skaala
October 24th, 2008, 10:45
I don't think it will make it to Norway....too much tax. Base price now of USD $360.000,.

RS246
October 24th, 2008, 11:46
I don't think it will make it to Norway....too much tax. Base price now of USD $360.000,.

Never say Never Skaala :nono: :hihi:

It will always be possibilities to import from Germany too :applause:

Leadfoot
October 27th, 2008, 16:47
Chris from Driver Republic test drove the new Q7v12TDi and here is what he said about the experience.

Author: Chris Harris

Image:
Even Audi, perennial masters at contorting the real message through its extensive and clever public relations machine, had little to say about its new V12 SUV
They gave a small tech presentation in which an engineer opined that its diesel engine was perhaps 40 percent more efficient than any other car in its class and muttered something about Piezo injectors. But what he wanted to say, and what most of his colleagues ended up saying for the next 24 hours, was that it was the rudest SUV imaginable. Unnaturally fast for something that weighs 2605kg.

Let’s be straight here: the last time a motorcar was involved in a less politically correct context than this was when Prince Charles drove to an international climate change summit in his Aston Vantage Volante. If the Q7 V12 was just the wrong car at the wrong time then it would deserve criticism and derision. But in being so wrong, so hilariously off-the-eco-message, in a funny way it warrants closer attention.

This is the world’s first V12 diesel road car. Its 5934cc motor is based on the R10 racer’s and its vital stats make you chuckle at the brazen impropriety of such a beast. Audi claims 500bhp, but that is in fact a PS figure so it must be wound-back to a miserable 493bhp. Despite taking the latest 6 speed ZF automatic and uprating a good portion of its internals, it can still only handle 737.56lb ft of torque –which is a bit pathetic really. I mean, how’s a bloke supposed to survive on just 737lb ft of torque.

Turn the key, and this vast motor fires quickly and relatively smoothly. It isn’t anything like as silky as the best petrol V12s you find in plutocratic saloons, but the cabin is well isolated from the noise at idle. Roll the car forward though, and the moment you touch the gas pedal, a rather pleasing grumble filters through the front bulkead –the type of noise you might expect to be generated by the deep chest cavity of an especially large, un-amused grizzly bear.

Now this is both impressive and endearing, but all it takes is a few miles to realise that even when the throttle is merely being covered (and with this much thump, you just brush the thing to keep up with the traffic) that noise is always there. It’s not a nasty noise, but it is an ever-present thrum in what is otherwise a very refined machine.

The straight-line performance of this car is quite difficult to explain. The first thing to note is that all of the torque is available all of the time, in every gear. It never feels crazy-fast, but the instant delivery of all that roll-on performance means you forget just how big a truck it is. Audi claims a 5.5sec 0-62mph time, which I thought was ambitious, so I set up the old Dynolicious timer to see what she’d do. The results were fairly interesting. In one, slightly uphill run, carrying a passenger, it hit 60mph in 5.5sec and 100mph in 11.4sec. This means that between 60 and 100mph it is about as fast as the last RS4 and not far off the new RS6. It never feels that quick, partly because you sit so high. But each time you head out onto a straight road using part throttle, the speedo needle seems to hit 100mph in no time whatsoever. As a high performance experience, it slots into the ‘surreal’ category.

Rate: http://www.drivers-republic.com/images/rating/star_full_whitebg.gifhttp://www.drivers-republic.com/images/rating/star_full_whitebg.gifhttp://www.drivers-republic.com/images/rating/star_full_whitebg.gifhttp://www.drivers-republic.com/images/rating/star_full_whitebg.gifhttp://www.drivers-republic.com/images/rating/star_full_whitebg.gif

Ruergard
October 28th, 2008, 19:06
0-100 mph in 11.4 is DAMN quick.... I'm even more impressed now!

Skaala
October 28th, 2008, 19:50
leadfoot: here's the video from drivers republic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oklT3H6_FU