PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Low mileage search update. Whats happening to the prices...they are dropping!

DHall1
September 5th, 2008, 06:31
Hi gang,

Still in the market for the right RS6. I have been very busy with work and travel and have noticed a few things. The prices are really dropping...almost daily the average prices for low mileage examples are coming down.

For example,

RS6 Black/Silver, 27k, 1 owner, no damage history, no rock chips, dry climate, paint perfect, DRC all new just replaced everything under warranty, has 3yrs left on extended warranty. $42-43k

I just cant pull the trigger on a black car. This will be my daily driver in Colorado..and it will always look dirty. Its the perfect car otherwise.

There are also a few Avus/low mileage examples out there....the Certified Avus with 34k at Penske Audi in CA is down to 39k. That is the exact color combo I want....Avus/Black.

Then you have those two ultra low mileage Avus cars up in the northwest in the mid 50s.

What do you do? I think a call to Penske Audi is worth the time and effort. But do you spend 15k more and get a 6,000 mile car?????

DuckWingDuck
September 5th, 2008, 06:43
if you're going to use it as a daily driver then I would say no. Not worth the extra dough. We discussed this in another thread I think.

I think black in Co. is okay...

DHall1
September 5th, 2008, 06:52
Thanks,

I should have added alittle better.

Black 27k RS for say 43k.
Avus 6k RS for say 50k
Avus 85mile RS for say 55k

Thats a 7 to 12k difference in price

I should also clarify where in Colorado. Breckenridge is 9600ft...always somewhat windy and dusty....light afternoon rain shower is normal. That equals a dirty looking Black car all the time and me out there washing it all the time. I am just way to busy to be washing the car properly every 3 days. My summer daily driver right now is my 04 Silver STI/400hp. Wash it once a week and it looks fine. I just have to clean the windows once or twice.

if you're going to use it as a daily driver then I would say no. Not worth the extra dough. We discussed this in another thread I think.

jbtexas
September 5th, 2008, 13:42
where are you finding these cars? for example, where did you find the black 27k mile car? forget $55k for the 85 mile car, that is exactly what I offered and the guy wouldnt move off $65k. crazy.

$40k seems to be the sweet spot for a low mileage (under 30k) pristine car... there are some higher with the ultra low mileage, and many that are cheaper with more miles. There are a lot of RS6s on the market for $30s with mileage in the 40k+ range.

I think that the market is reacting to concerns about ongoing maintenance costs primarily, with some concern about outdated technology also (i.e. no bluetooth, etc)

Of course, I am a market of one, so what do I know? :D

DHall1
September 5th, 2008, 15:27
Well, we all seem to be looking in the same general locations. I just travel back and forth between Colorado and Arizona. All the Colorado cars are beat up and rock chipped to no end. The Arizona cars are good if they have been garaged.

The Black 27k RS is in Arizona. I just dont know about Black with that silver interior. If it had the black interior...maybe.

I would agree with 40k sweet spot for a clean low mileage car. I may consider that car at Penske in CA.

I dont care about bluetooth. I care about those two turbos sitting under the hood and the 8 piston brakes on the front. ;-)

where are you finding these cars? for example, where did you find the black 27k mile car? forget $55k for the 85 mile car, that is exactly what I offered and the guy wouldnt move off $65k. crazy.

$40k seems to be the sweet spot for a low mileage (under 30k) pristine car... there are some higher with the ultra low mileage, and many that are cheaper with more miles. There are a lot of RS6s on the market for $30s with mileage in the 40k+ range.

I think that the market is reacting to concerns about ongoing maintenance costs primarily, with some concern about outdated technology also (i.e. no bluetooth, etc)

Of course, I am a market of one, so what do I know? :D

Benman
September 5th, 2008, 17:17

I agree with DWD on the mileage issue, but not the color. Do not get a black car... I've owned two... never again. Although if Ben Bauer were here to chime in, he'd strongly disagree with me (he has only owned black cars and loves them...).

Ben:addict:

DuckWingDuck
September 5th, 2008, 19:09
heh, ya, it is a pain in the ass, especially if you live in a rainy/dusty area as the car will get dirty quick, but that's the case for everybody else who lives in the same locale, no? Anyway, I get my car washed once a week, but I rarely do that myself :D And I also spend quite a bit of money having the car detailed semi-often....

DHall1
September 5th, 2008, 19:24
Greg,

Exactly. I live in a town of about 3000 folks up at 9600ft. Car washes....hahah we have 1 self service wash. Thats it.

Detail shops? Your kidding right.
:vhmmm:

heh, ya, it is a pain in the ass, especially if you live in a rainy/dusty area as the car will get dirty quick, but that's the case for everybody else who lives in the same locale, no? Anyway, I get my car washed once a week, but I rarely do that myself :D And I also spend quite a bit of money having the car detailed semi-often....

ben916
September 5th, 2008, 20:00
... forget $55k for the 85 mile car, that is exactly what I offered and the guy wouldnt move off $65k. crazy.

Thanks for the note on this one as I really don't think this guy will get $65k for it. Did you make it to ParkPlaceLTD for the 6,000 mile Silver one for $54K?

No black cars, TOO hot, always dirty especially right after washing it, any type of scratch other than black ones show up like a spotlight. Great color if you live in Antartica as you need to see it in the snow...

I haven't checked the Riverside Audi in NJ in a while. It seems like there are hubs in the US like Denver area, LA area, Seattle area, Chicago area, Atlanta area where there are more than just one or two. Also there are pre-owned on Audiusa.com with the caveat that the data is sometimes old...

DHall1
September 5th, 2008, 20:09
Ben,

Agreed on color and checking into the 6k car at Park Place. They must move off that crazy 54k number before I even consider it. Plus, I have to purchase an extended warranty on top of that price.

I called Park Place this morning and Penske Audi in Ca. They are both working on numbers as we speak.

I really want someone close to Penske Audi to run over and have a first hand look at that car before I even consider it.

I still may consider the 85 mile car because it comes with that extended warranty good to 2014/70k miles. Its like buying a new RS6.

Thanks for the note on this one as I really don't think this guy will get $65k for it. Did you make it to ParkPlaceLTD for the 6,000 mile Silver one for $54K?

No black cars, TOO hot, always dirty especially right after washing it, any type of scratch other than black ones show up like a spotlight. Great color if you live in Antartica as you need to see it in the snow...

I haven't checked the Riverside Audi in NJ in a while. It seems like there are hubs in the US like Denver area, LA area, Seattle area, Chicago area, Atlanta area where there are more than just one or two. Also there are pre-owned on Audiusa.com with the caveat that the data is sometimes old...

S6driver
September 5th, 2008, 23:22
I live at 9000 feet in Colorado and don't have any problems with the color and washing it. My car does live in a garage though. Its all personal preference so go with what you like and want. For me its black all the way for my V10 R8 and RS6 sedan(if it ever comes here).

MikeL01
September 6th, 2008, 19:10
Prices are falling on other premium sport cars too. Check prices on 2003-2007 AMGs and BMW's M line.

DuckWingDuck
September 6th, 2008, 19:19
as have been predicted, I think the HP wars are finally drawing to a close.

DHall1
September 6th, 2008, 23:31
Agreed!

We got the sweet deal on our E55 AMG earlier this summer. My wife has taken ownership of the AMG and I hardly get to drive it. Thats ok because I have narrowed down my search for the RS6 to 3 cars. I will be driving one very soon.

Prices are falling on other premium sport cars too. Check prices on 2003-2007 AMGs and BMW's M line.

ben916
September 7th, 2008, 05:51
...Avus 85mile RS for say 55k
Ask and you shall receive....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-RS6-RARE-GEM-85-MILES-PLATINUM-WARRANTY-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ140264393174QQihZ004QQcategoryZ15 0108QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I guess someone came to their senses.....