PDA

View Full Version : I got it! I love it!!! A couple of pic's...

Kyle
July 24th, 2003, 03:49
We picked up our RS6 last night! What an awesome car. We've had our 2001 A6 4.2 for a couple of years and the new car feels very different. The steering seems quicker with more resistance and road feel. The suspension is not so stiff that it jars out your fillings, but it corners like it's on rails. The exhaust note is just right. You can hear the 8 cylinder burble, but it's not obnoxious by any means. Oh, yeah, and it's got oomph out the wazoo! :hihi: I've been babying it so far (only 300 miles), but I can tell there is plenty there.

I took a little road trip to Orlando today (about 2 hours each way) and it was a joy. Even the left lane bandits and heavy traffic couldn't spoil my good mood.

Here is a picture of our RS6 on the showroom floor when we arrived to take delivery:

http://www.kyle-bailey.com/rs6-showroom.jpg

When I stopped for lunch today, I couldn't resist parking between two Florida Highway Patrol cars. I thought it made for an interesting show. I call this one "sleeping with the enemy." :devil:

http://www.kyle-bailey.com/rs6-fhp.jpg

RS6FEVR
July 24th, 2003, 04:29
:0: Kyle
Congrats. Beautiful is all I can say. The one I've got coming on board ship as we speak, is also Misano. You're making my mouth water. It looks so cool. Great pic "sleeping with the enemy"! :p :p
Please, more photo's and impressions. Did it come with the "rear" parktronic monitoring system? Your comparison of stiffness is compared to what previous vehicles? Did your dealer say anything about xm radio or cirrus? Supposedly the "shark fin" is the receiver for that too? Inquiring minds want to know.
Very cool and have fun

:addict: FEVR :addict:

krm
July 24th, 2003, 04:31
Congrats, love that second pic. Enjoy it well!

:cheers:

Bauer
July 24th, 2003, 05:34
Kyle,

Great write up and congrats on getting the car. I especially like the second picture very creative. Please keep ther stories and reviews comming its the only thing I have right now. Enjoy the car to its fullist.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

sprint Blue
July 24th, 2003, 05:43
Did you get the sport exhaust?

nene
July 24th, 2003, 15:06
Some answers:

1) The rear parktronic does work. I've put it to the test. Everytime you put the car in 'R' (reverse), a noise will alert you that the parktronic is enabled.

2) The shark fin is also the Cirrus receiver. Car just needs some module that will be out in about 5-6 months in the USA to have it fully working. The radio does have a button for 'XM', which is clearly labeled 'XM'.

Those are some really hot shots Kyle. You are such a hoe...sleeping with the enemy already!!!

GoFastKindaGuy
July 24th, 2003, 15:29
Congratulations! I hope that all your photos with the police are in good humor. Just perfect, that shot!

:0:

btumble
July 24th, 2003, 16:12
congrats! love the cop pic!
I have the parktronic on my allroad and it is great, the passenger side mirror tilts down if it senses something behind you.
Only prob is you get used to the beeps and expect them when driving a car withoue 'em

Finnus
July 24th, 2003, 16:37
Kyle,

Nice Beast!!! You're a brave man with that misano red. Great shots - Did the cops notice your beast?

Congratulations.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Benman
July 25th, 2003, 02:15
VERY nice:0:

sleeping with the enemy is a classic:cheers:

and i would hope the cops noticed your RS 6 since you were parkedright next to them (wouldn't be surprised if they followed you for awhile to check your speed:cheers: )

Ben:addict:

Kyle
July 25th, 2003, 03:11
I took it to the dealer today to have the windows tinted. It looks even better now if that's even possible. :cool2: While I was there, I asked them to show me how to answer the phone (see my other post in this section). Also, they detailed it again for me (I reluctantly drove through a rain shower yesterday).

I took this shot this afternoon. I call it "happy garage":

http://www.kyle-bailey.com/A6RS6-garage.jpg

Those of you with a keen eye may notice that I had a metal (permanent) plate yesterday and now it has a paper 30-day tag. I mentioned to the dealer today that I wanted one of the gazillion specialty tags we have here in Florida and they ordered it for me. I've really had a great experience with Crown Eurocars in St. Petersburg.

Thank you for all of the compliments on the car and I'm glad you like the picture with the state troopers. Anyway, to address some of your comments and questions:

RS6FEVR : Yes, it came with the rear parktronic and it seems to work fine. It also appears to have the parktronic sensors on the front bumper, but it doesn't seem to work. The dealer is looking into it for me. I would say that the suspension is stiffer than our A6 4.2, but softer than my brother's M5. Trust me, you'll like it! It has a "SAT" button on the radio. The dealer said that I can hook up Satellite radio to the system later.

sprint Blue : Yes, I got the sport exhaust with the black exhaust tips. It looks really great and sounds even better! I would highly recommend it. It is just loud enough to let someone nearby know that this is a serious machine. However, it is not obnoxious. It doesn't drone or resonate at any RPM that I can tell so far.

Finnus : Sadly, I'm not sure if they did or not. I would have liked to have watched from afar, but was in the mini mart and didn't notice them leave. I kept a sharp lookout for the first 10 or 15 miles after I left just in case they were waiting for me down the road. I felt a little funny taking picture in the middle of a busy gas station parking lot, but I figured that opportunity doesn't come along every day.

Kyle
July 25th, 2003, 03:19
BTW: If anybody wants a full-size (1600x1200) version of the cop photo, you can get it here:

http://www.kyle-bailey.com/fhp-full.jpg

BBGT2
July 25th, 2003, 05:47
Kyle,

congrats. and thanx for the description. one word of advice switch the cars around in the garage, your bikes are scaring me s**tless, LOL:cheers: .

I am up to MS6 so maybe about a month and a half till i can hug my baby.

Bajo :addict:

benman how the hell are you doing.

avdh
July 25th, 2003, 14:11
Isn't your front parktronic enabled with a switch in the top section of your centre console, next to the hazard lights switch?

Congrats, nice colour! I wish I had the guts to order Missano Red.

Benman
July 25th, 2003, 15:11
doing great Bajo :cheers: and yourself?

i would imagine that Kyle's pics and stories are making the wait a little longer for you:D ah well, mid/late August i should finally get mine (sounds like we'll be getting ours around the same time).

Kyle, keep the stories coming for guys like Bajo and myself. us pukes are still waiting so we need em:cheers:

Ben:addict: (getting close Bajo:cheers: )