PDA

View Full Version : Unit 20

Family Car
September 3rd, 2008, 12:58
Has anybody got an up to date phone number for Unit 20 in Chester?

I have been ringing the number on their site for the last week and getting no response.

Also has anybody used them for coil over replacements for the DRC? Any feedback?

Which coil over set up is the best?

Is there any sign of an official DRC solution or should I just bite the bullet?

Any tips welcome.

KfabR8
September 3rd, 2008, 13:18
Bite the bullet.

I'm waiting on a set of KW V3's. I'll let you know as soon as they get installed.

Family Car
September 3rd, 2008, 13:24
Who's doing the work for you?

DuckWingDuck
September 3rd, 2008, 16:19
I am also waiting on some KW V3s, my harrowing experience (with photos!) is available here: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15584

Anyway, long story short, for me, my work will be done by the technician at the Audi dealership as part of my insurance claim repair. My technician is one of only two people who's ever worked on my car, so I trust him in this completely.

As for Unit 20, contact Alex (cornishmooch) or grizz will post on here occasionally as well.

A couple other options besides KW are Bilstein, Stasis, and H&R. Grizz has been saying good things about H&R, at a lower price point too.

cornishmoocher
September 4th, 2008, 17:06
Hi Guy's

Grizz has been away on holiday to spend all the money I ahve given him.....

Try now FG.

Grizz has some new toys as well as the CO sets and is now doing numerous sets a week.

Trust the guy implicitly.

Family Car
September 5th, 2008, 15:46
Sound, I'll give him a bell tomorrow.

s42ski
September 5th, 2008, 16:34
Add mine to the list of continued DRC issues with a new twist. I had the rear shocks replaced about a month ago. Just the rear shocks. The fronts and the valves were replaced earlier in the year (twice). So now the car has about 1-2 inches of easy travel ( you can move the car by pushing on the rear bumper). I brought it back and they tested the pressure and it is reading 14.8 Bar. So we have a in spec. system that does not seem correct. My guess is there is air in the lines in the back that allows for the softness. So my guess is that after a couple of months the air will find its way out of the system and I will be back at the dealer....:w:

The car is CPO'd so I have another year and half before I am truly on my own with repairs. Oh yeah - when I picked it up the dealer mentioned my after market sway bar as a possible issue with the softness:noshake:

DuckWingDuck
September 5th, 2008, 16:41
damn steve, that sucks. Audi flat out refused to replace my DRC on CPO, which is why I went the insurance route... Glad you're still at least covered but part of my motivation for moving onto an aftermarket set of coilovers is that I really don't want the fear that my car's going to go out on me again when we're tolling down the road at XXX mph...

And aren't sway bars suppose to remove the softness not add to it?? Something seems a bit fishy and maybe it's the dealer trying to squirrel out of paying for the work?

s42ski
September 5th, 2008, 17:49
Greg, yeah I think they are going down the line that if the pressure is OK then all is fine. Even though the car "feels" funny and is not tight. I can not take freeway ramps with speed since I know that if I hit a bump the car gets wild. I am debating with myself about taking the plunge for aftermarket or to keep trying to get the DRC fixed correctly. Let's see it took Paul about 2 years.......:nana:

DuckWingDuck
September 5th, 2008, 18:50
steve, I'm having the KWs put in, so definitely before you make a decision let's take a ride in mine, hell, you should probably even drive mine a little bit to see. Because remember, I don't think Paul's 100% squared away still!!

KfabR8
September 5th, 2008, 19:04
Who's doing the work for you?It's all me.
I'm not scared! :mech:

(I fabricate off road vehicles and run a machine shop - this stuff should be easy...)

grizz
September 5th, 2008, 20:04
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of a responce but i was forced to go away for a week to turkey by the wife .

Give me a call on 0151 3366888 , I've got H&R'S in stock , milltek systems & some nice ARB'S.

s42ski
September 5th, 2008, 23:00
Greg, sounds like a plan - for now I will learn to drive my "squirrel". Interestingly I have found that the stability control triggers a lot more often since the "repair".

Nice to know that still works correctly!