PDA

View Full Version : AMS Sweden - No new RS4 Sedan!?

Ricoloco
August 28th, 2008, 18:07
WTF!!!

http://www.automotorsport.se/news/15382/spion-audi-rs5-omaskerad/

All in swedish but it says that there are three engine opitons that might be used in the RS5.

The first is the current RS4 B7 engine but with 450 hp with 7-speed S-tronic.

Number two is a all new V8 4,0 litre twinturbo with 470 hp.

Number three, and the most likely (according to AMS) is the current RS6 engine.

AND, later on, there will be another version of that engine with 700 hp and 1000nm. The article doesnt clearly say in what model that engine will be used but I assume they are talking about a kind of RS5+....

Further on, they say that the RS5 will be presented at the next Geneva carshow and will be MY 2010.

Last scentence says that "The one who wonders about the new RS4 Sedan, we have bad news. There will be no because Audi is concentrating on the RS5-model. In that case we are happy that kind of informtion is not 100% sure"

Someone who can enlighten us?!

Erik
August 28th, 2008, 18:20
RS6 engine - NO WAY!

Ricoloco
August 28th, 2008, 18:25
Seriously, I don´t give much for this article at all. Doesn´t feel reliable.

RXBG
August 28th, 2008, 19:18
once an article says something absurd like the RS6 engine bit, it loses credibility instantly. this is concering b/c it rarely happens with swedish ams, and it was this same mag that first posted about the R8's ZR1 ring-beating lap times.

JavierNuvolari
August 28th, 2008, 19:20
RS6 engine - NO WAY!

I second Erik. Handling wise that would turn the car into an overpriced understeering pig.

Michaël Barbé
August 28th, 2008, 20:01
No RS4 Sedan? I don't believe it for a second. Everybody praises the new A4 his looks and everybody knows the Sedan (and the Avant too) will look beautiful. Audi would sell many of these RS4's. I reckon more then the B7!!
The car world is nice, no? There is always one or other model in becoming where you can get excited of. For me the RS5 these days and for in a couple of years the RS4 B8. And then we have the RS6+. In between an R8 V10 and maybe in 2012 or so the R8 V12TDI:cheers:

MB
:rs6kiss:

Erik
August 28th, 2008, 20:18
RS4 Avant and RS5, instead of the sedan, makes sense to me, considering the limited capacity of quattro GmbH.

The RS6
August 28th, 2008, 22:10
These are also saying the RS6 engine will be fitted to the RS5...

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Content/News/Future_Models/7/417988d1c6184caaa6cfc53e16272551/Audi%20RS5%20snapped%20-%20an%20M6%20killer

Michaël Barbé
August 29th, 2008, 07:14
RS4 Avant and RS5, instead of the sedan, makes sense to me, considering the limited capacity of quattro GmbH.

Ik makes sense in some way. But then on the other hand it's totaly not done in the past etc...

MB

roadrunner
August 29th, 2008, 08:58

Do we believe that all our american boys will jump to the RS5? After all they do not really love Avants (at least not enough for AoA to bring it over) and America is not unimportant for Audi.

Another thing - read an interresting article about Russian car market, Avant (station wagons) are not very popular there as well - sedans are (more so big SUVs).

Seasing RS4 sedan production would be a risky move - there are people out there wanting 4 doors and a trunk.

liwi
August 29th, 2008, 11:51
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Audi-scoop-special-RS5-spy-photos/

liwi
August 29th, 2008, 12:01
RS6 engine - NO WAY!

agree, if i know Germans correctly, they have some sort of hierarchy.
It is said you can never have a better car than your boss...hehehe....
as this would be like insulting your senior...

tvrfan
August 29th, 2008, 15:55
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Audi-scoop-special-RS5-spy-photos/

"""CAR Magazine has the full lowdown on the new Audi RS5 – including spy photos and computer illustrations that strip away the disguise on this eagerly awaited challenger to the BMW M3. And this could be the hot Audi to rekindle our affections for the brand, now that the RS4 is defunct.""""

does that mean that there will be REALLY no new B8 RS4 sedan or do they mean the old B7 RS4 is dead (because production stopt)??????

Michaël Barbé
August 29th, 2008, 17:28
"""CAR Magazine has the full lowdown on the new Audi RS5 – including spy photos and computer illustrations that strip away the disguise on this eagerly awaited challenger to the BMW M3. And this could be the hot Audi to rekindle our affections for the brand, now that the RS4 is defunct.""""

does that mean that there will be REALLY no new B8 RS4 sedan or do they mean the old B7 RS4 is dead (because production stopt)??????

WOW! those are really good!!

MB

tvrfan
August 29th, 2008, 17:40
WOW! those are really good!!

MB

tvrfan
August 29th, 2008, 17:42