PDA

View Full Version : New 'Ring Champ - Dodge Viper ACR! 7:22

rks838
August 28th, 2008, 15:00
America's top performance cars, as well as the Nissan GT-R, are duking it out on the Ring. The latest results? The Viper Club of America convinced Dodge's SRT division to test the Viper ACR (the track-ready version, with reduced ride height and highly adjustable suspension and aerodynamics) on the 'Ring. 7:22 is the new record. Corvette ZR1 and GT-R Spec-V test drivers are going to be flying around the Green Hell in weeks to come...:incar:

Article and video - http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0808_2009_dodge_viper_acr_nurburgring_record/index.html

Erik
August 28th, 2008, 15:25
We're on the subject in the R8 section already :D

btw, WFT is wrong with his gearbox? Look at 5:34 (backwards into the movie) :D plus all the rev hits.

He's giving the gear shifter the Evil eye :eye:

:stick:

RXBG
August 28th, 2008, 17:06
unfortunately for nissan and GM they've already announced their fastest times. they won't change that and try again because it would be sophomoric and classless. on the other hand, the ACR is track ready. but, if it is a street legal car it has a real right to claim such a time even if it looks like it is about to fall apart on the video. i reckon audi still hasn't reach their fastest time.

Z07
August 28th, 2008, 17:42
We're on the subject in the R8 section already :D

btw, WFT is wrong with his gearbox? Look at 5:34 (backwards into the movie) :D plus all the rev hits.

He's giving the gear shifter the Evil eye :eye:

:stick:
Not an easy box to shift. You wouldn't want to try change up and then down immediately afterwards with such a box.

It's basically a big Caterham 500R. Extremely harsh ride, noisy as hell, no aircon and lots of drag. You wouldn't last a through a 100 mile drive in summer. Great track car though.

JavierNuvolari
August 28th, 2008, 17:45
Not an easy box to shift. You wouldn't want to try change up and then down immediately afterwards with such a box.

It's basically a big Caterham 500R. Extremely harsh ride, noisy as hell, no aircon and lots of drag. You wouldn't last a through a 100 mile drive in summer. Great track car though.

I agree with you.

rks838
August 29th, 2008, 00:40
Ah, sorry/thanks Eric! Yea, that messy shifter is a huge drawback to the car...absolutely. Not a street car in any sense but the legal one.

ben916
August 29th, 2008, 05:44
Not so much a Viper fan, BUT I do think it could have been even lower with the rev limiter being hit every long straight. Oh and the two missed shifts...

The bar has been lowered....
Who is next? :)

PeterJohn
August 29th, 2008, 08:21
It's basically a big Caterham 500R. Extremely harsh ride, noisy as hell, no aircon and lots of drag. You wouldn't last a through a 100 mile drive in summer.

Damn you Z07, now I want one.

RXBG
August 29th, 2008, 14:16
wonder how the sl black would do?

Leadfoot
August 29th, 2008, 20:09
I get the impressions that this car wouldn't cover that many miles after this run. To put that kind of abuse on a gearbox is ridicious and listen to how to thing bottoms out.

This thing is so far removed from a road car it's unreal.

Z07 think it's like a big R500, I reckon that is an insult to the Caterham.

Clio16V
August 30th, 2008, 08:09
Entering the RING:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x265/106602/nfndgf.jpg

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/dave.jpg