PDA

View Full Version : MB extends warranty on SBC failures

MikeL01
August 26th, 2008, 22:25
I'm considering purchasing an SL55 AMG for my wife and found this post. It seems Mercedes can "step up to the plate". Audi...DRC... where are you!
IN THE USA MB EXTENDED THE WARRANTY ON ALL SBC PUMPS FOR 1O YEARS!
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->IT MIGHT BE WORLD WIDE BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE SBC FAILURES AND 3 RECALLS MB EXTENDED THE WARRANTY ON ALL SBC PUMPS FOR 10 YEARS AND UNLIMITED MILES..

Hy Octane
August 26th, 2008, 23:13
Thats fantastic... whats an SBC pump?

MikeL01
August 27th, 2008, 02:05
Sensotronic Brake Control electric impulses are used to pass the driver’s braking commands onto a microcomputer which processes various sensor signals simultaneously and, depending on the particular driving situation, calculates the optimum brake pressure for each wheel. Das Gud

Bigglezworth
August 27th, 2008, 02:30
I've driven a MB with this technology and personally it took all the fun and feel away from the driving experience. Neat technology - just not my bag.

As far as comparing the DRC to the SBC - they are two entirely different beasts. Suspension while important to performance and ride quality isn't considered a life safety item whereas anything assoicated with the braking of a car is of course.

MikeL01
August 27th, 2008, 21:04
I agree with you. The point I was making was "standing behind your product". It seems Audi wants the DRC issue to fade off without much more fanfare. In my profession, I often have to warrenty my work for ten years. All in all, I do like my RS6.

got boost
August 28th, 2008, 13:56
I've driven a MB with this technology and personally it took all the fun and feel away from the driving experience. Neat technology - just not my bag.

As far as comparing the DRC to the SBC - they are two entirely different beasts. Suspension while important to performance and ride quality isn't considered a life safety item whereas anything assoicated with the braking of a car is of course.

I agree on the "takes the fun away" feeling.

MikeL01,
I think the DRC is better compared to MB's ABC (active body control) And they have had many issues with that as well.

FWIW, As for SL55's, I'm not sure what year you are looking for, but I have heard to stay away from the '03 model year.

MikeL01
August 29th, 2008, 11:33
Thanks for the insight. It looks like I convinced her to go with a 3.2 TT convertible. The dealer should give me the commission.

Bigglezworth
August 29th, 2008, 12:37
The dealer should give me the commission.A finders fee at a minimum.
:lovl: