August 22nd, 2008, 16:43
http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/226875/audi_r8_v_rs6_avant.html

artur777
August 22nd, 2008, 19:02
and which is finally faster?

KK265
August 22nd, 2008, 19:40
and which is finally faster?
I believe RS6.The time between 220-250 km/h (8 secs) for RS6 is identical to R8 though:vhmmm:

BLITZEN
August 23rd, 2008, 20:28
They said in the video that the RS6 was quicker 0-100 but 3/10 of a second slower to brake back to 0. Amazing. But keep in mind this is Audi's 1st verion of the R8 and there will surely be enhancements to come!

kju
August 23rd, 2008, 23:22
thats just crazy ... a pampers bomber with a doghouse on the back is nearly faster as the ultimate supercar R8 ....

gdavison
August 24th, 2008, 07:27
it was a great article .. They did a pretty good side by side test .. various drag times, various in gear acceleration times and then some fast laps and did a very interesting comparison chart of a lap in the RS6 and one in an R8.. they looked like the same "car" with any differences simply being due to driver

Ti-Mike
August 24th, 2008, 08:54
thats just crazy ... a pampers bomber with a doghouse on the back is nearly faster as the ultimate supercar R8 ....

bring the RS6 to a track like Misano and try to race it against the R8

Michaël Barbé
August 24th, 2008, 10:12
bring the RS6 to a track like Misano and try to race it against the R8

It will vary on every track, that's more then normal. But it's kinda hard for the EVO-guys to test those two cars on all circuits of the world, no?

MB
:rs6kiss:

gdavison
August 25th, 2008, 08:33
The article was well written.. (my Magazine is with a friend at the moment) .. but the conclusion was .. two equally stunning cars, both with pro's and con's in different areas..

I think we all agree that on certain tests (ie ie specific tracks or road / weather scenarios) each would shine differently

:R8: :addict:

Michaël Barbé
August 31st, 2008, 17:58
article and pictures: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/224631/audi-r8-v-audi-rs6.html

I think it's a really fun article. The plot is also something we want to hear I guess: "The R8 is different. It’s a car you yearn to own, not because it’s easy to live with (though it is) but because it’s so richly satisfying to drive. But the fastest Audi? If we’re talking serious acceleration, that honour belongs to an estate…"

In the 0 - ... you really see the RS6 is faster to higher speeds. Interesting to follow the numbers!

MB
:rs6kiss:

KfabR8
August 31st, 2008, 20:20
I'm not sure if it's that my '03 RS6 is an auto and turbo while my R8 is a stick, but when rolling on (stomp the pedal) down the road the RS6 just feels more brutal in acceleration than the R8 does. (with the R8 in the appropriate gear to keep the engine in the power band)

The good old Butt Dyno says both cars are extremely close in acceration off the line, but running down the highway from 60 to 100, the RS just feels so much more brutal it's surprising.

I have to admit that I've often wondered what the R8 would feel like w/the RS6's twin turbo setup. The extra 30 hp and 96 lb-ft of torque the RS6's engine would be so much fun in the R8.