PDA

View Full Version : what's up with audiworld?

Benman
July 22nd, 2003, 15:37
lately alot of what i'm reading there is no less than RS 6 bashing. it seems a fair amount of the people there are not happy with Audi. their complaints? that Audi "missed the boat" by not making more of them available and not pricing it cheaper. one idiot in paticular was so stupid that he actually said the RS 6 should have been @ 60K. 60K?!? 60K?!? THE S6 IS 60K!!!! does this moron think Audi is going to price an RS model at the SAME level as an S model?!?

then you have these guys complaining that MORE RS 6s should have been brought over (where as i'm still wishing they would have stuck with the original 860).

the reason i think all of this garbage is such BS is the fact that a couple of years ago when the ALL new RS 4 came out these SAME people at the audiworld forum were complaining yet again how Audi had "missed the boat". and what was their complaint? their complaint was that Audi was dumb for not importing the RS4 to the U.S. at the time the RS 4 was priced at @ 70K.

now let me get this straight. at THAT time the MOST expensive version of the A4 in the states was the S4 @40K. so these people didn't seem to think much of the fact that the RS 4 was 30k OVER the price of the S4!!!! on top of the fact that the car was VERY exclusive.

now fast forward a couple of years and now they're complaining that Audi's decision on the price for the RS 6 is dumb because it's more expensive than the compitition. and it is too exclusive. my thinking is that the RS 4 was WAY more expensive than the compitition (when the new M3 came out it was MORE than 20K CHEAPER than the RS 4!!!, the M5 is only 10K cheaper). why this didn't bother them with the RS 4 is BEYOND me. then they bitch about how the performance is hardly any greater than the M5. well guess what? on paper, the RS 4 was hardly any faster (in straight line or around a track) than the M3. so what justifies the 20K price difference? so what justifies the 10K price difference of the RS 6 to the M5? the same reasons everybody wanted the RS4.

so in the end it just seems to me that these individuals are not happy unless they are bitching about something. and when they say this crap without first remembering how thay thought Audi was dumb for not bringing over the RS 4 it makes me realize that they're friggin morons.

maybe they'd be happier if the RS 6 stayed in Europe. oh no wait, then they'd complain about that as well :cheers:

Ben:addict: (looking forward to my car dispite the idiots!:cheers: )

TheBrit
July 22nd, 2003, 16:22
Don't let 'em get you down Ben! There does seem to be a bit of RS 6 bashing from some quarters, although some of the more vociferous voices are those that have lemoned an A6 (allegedly) or otherwise had a bad experience with Audi (allegedly).

It's probably a lot of jealousy from some people and honest comment from others (like those that say it's overpriced, but admit that that's just their opinion).

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and hearing from guys like Jordan will no doubt make you await yours even more eagerly!

Chris
:cheers:

Snow
July 22nd, 2003, 16:42
Sadly enough, you're right Benman. It obviously takes a LOT for some people to be satisfied. Unluckily (for them and for us others too) the combination cheap Super Sport Saloon is not a existing thing.

So, I too havent got a clue about why they're bashing the RS 6. Let them buy their M5's or whatever and you go smoke 'em at the next red light. :bang: :hihi:

:addict:

iconcls
July 22nd, 2003, 16:46
I don't give a sh*t what the AW dilettantes think.

Life is good.

:-)

Rally
July 22nd, 2003, 17:03
Life is tough on AW for RS6 owners. The same thing happened when the S6 arrived and the S6 never became a significant part of the forum. I asked Jason Teller for a seperate forum for S6/RS6 owners and he said it's a definite possibility.
I've almost lost all interest in AW and will probably not even post the fact I took delivery of my RS6 because of the bashing and bickering the car takes.
If it wasn't for relationships I've developed over the past few years on AW I wouldn't post or read AW at all.

Mr. Fru-T Pants
July 22nd, 2003, 17:05
I agree "icon". Everyone has an opinion, but that's all it is...Life IS good.

I know you just needed a place off AW to rant, Ben. THey've been bashing the RS6 for so long now, I don't even notice anymore, but it is a bit ridiculous. Like they wouldn't want a ride or a drive in the car...<sneer>. So when you see those folks at the next Waterfest or Buttonwillow/Laguna Seca ACCNA event, and they want a ride, you can just smile politely and say, "My seats are too expensive for your a$$....". You know they will ask.

Fru-T

Klint
July 22nd, 2003, 17:33
Originally posted by Mr. Fru-T Pants
So when you see those folks at the next Waterfest or Buttonwillow/Laguna Seca ACCNA event, and they want a ride, you can just smile politely and say, "My seats are too expensive for your a$$....". You know they will ask.

Fru-T

lol...:hihi:

Yeah, I've only ever verntured over to Audiworld once, or twice before...I prefer it here. Never really read many threads though. Although I had a look, but I found the layout a tad difficult to understand too...It was also time consuming to read and search for the threads. ah well, we know how great the RS6 is...and remember the famous saying "Opinion's are like arse-oles. Everyone has one." ;)

TheBrit
July 22nd, 2003, 17:35
Originally posted by Klint
land remember the famous saying "Opinion's are like arse-oles. Everyone has one."
And nobody like to see anyone else's! :D

iconcls
July 22nd, 2003, 20:34
that I'm beginning to think Rally is right, RS 6 owners may need their own forum.

RS6FEVR
July 22nd, 2003, 20:41
:cheers: icon

Could be a definite possibility IMHO! We'd be small, but ohh soo mighty :bang: :bang:

What do you hear about the machine?

:addict: FEVR :addict:

iconcls
July 22nd, 2003, 20:51
Still at port ;-(

Benman
July 22nd, 2003, 21:09
it's really nice to hear that i am not the only person who noticed the general attitude at AW. to be honest, that is why i never bothered to post there. there are alot of cool people from this forum who have been posting there as well (jconley, TheBrit, and iconcls just to name a few) but i don't really care for how they are treated by the other AW members.

personaly i'd rather stick to this forum where the atmospere is much more friendly (and much more informative). also as Klint mentioned, the layout here is WAY more user friendly (good job Erik on picking the M5 style forum!:D )

Mr Fru T, sweet coment BTW:cheers:

to the rest of the members, don't worry. they can't even come close to bringing me down. if my own family can't talk me out of buying the RS 6 then there is NO WAY a bunch of strangers have any chance!:cheers:

Ben:addict: (despite the idiots!:cheers: )

Benman
July 22nd, 2003, 21:13
BTW Rally,

when did you pick up your RS 6? your in the North West. i'm interested in reading that finally SOMEONE on the West coast has taken delivery who is a member here.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Rally
July 22nd, 2003, 21:48
My RS6 left Germany on July 4th. I would expect to see it in the next few weeks. My dealer took delivery of a black RS6 for the owner last week and I was able to check it out before it was delivered.

I'm going to put a bug in JET's ear again about a seperate forum on AW.

nene
July 23rd, 2003, 00:37
I no longer go to that other forum (aka AW) since they started banning some of the good people out of there. I bid adieu, and did not look back. My life since has been better, since I only frequent these boards, as well as the local one (BostonAudiGroup).

If there is any bashing going on, it's because most of those fellas really could not afford an RS6 even if a million of them were available in the USA and were priced at $60K.

Audi did not miss the boat on the RS6. The only reason I'm willing to pay $90Gs is because the car is exclusive.
When will they (AW bashers) get that through their thick skulls?

Finnus
July 23rd, 2003, 01:23
Ben,

I think those that can't have bitch and moan and complain. Its a simple case of jealousy.

On the other side of all of the complaining on AW, there was my experience at Waterfest. There was so much enthusiasm and excitement over the Beast - from most people who could never afford it! It was so gratifying to be able to respond to all of their interest. I think Waterfest represents the majority. Remember: Its always the minority complaining the loudest! A few sour complainers can make an awful lot of noise. At Waterfest, one AH stole a tire stem cap. The minority.

Regarding the price of the RS6, just drive it and you'll understand. Not only is it God-awful fast, it's obviously an extraordinarily well designed, engineered and built car! The thing just oozes quality from every pore. So many people judge by one simple factor.

In pricing the car, I'm sure that Audi considered the competition and the fact that they were going to be significantly more expensive. Pretty big cajones, Audi! Regarding MB, I don't believe you get all of the basic options provided standard on the RS6. Regarding the M5, the current car is nearing the end of its model run - wait and see what the price is on the new one.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to RS6 owners, fans & enthusiasts
:byeM5: :byeM5: :byeM5: to winers and complainers

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Benman
July 23rd, 2003, 02:30
Rally, nene and Finnus:cheers: ,

it is true that it only takes a few apples to sour the batch and that's why i stick around RS6.com. for a RS 6 enthusiast, this is THE place to be.

and please keep in mind i already know that the RS 6 IS worth the price. i went on a 50 mile test drive on the autobhan (unlimited section!) and around town. reaching speeds of @170 MPH!!! i KNOW that the sucker flat rips!!!:cheers: the feeling you get being on a public road in a street legal 4 door sedan at 170 mph is undescribeable:bow: it was by far the fastest i have ever been in a vehicle, let alone a 4 door!!!

to be honest, the only thing i AM worried about is my license. because SPEED IS ADICTIVE!!!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Bauer
July 23rd, 2003, 02:40
I think most of us here have hit the nail on the head that these people can't afford the car and maybe are a little pissed about that. I can't afford a Bugatti Veryon but If I could I would buy one and the fact I can't doesn't change my opinion of the car or who buys it. See how these other small minded people think....it is really quite sad. Additionally, I don't really care what other people think......I am buying the car for me...thats it... no one else. Iconcls I agree my wife and I have a saying "It's a good life" the more we say it the more it seems to come true. So Ben just ignore these types of people...it so much easier and healthier.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

avdh
July 23rd, 2003, 08:54
2 1/2 years ago, when I got my S6, I used to post a lot at AW.
I had incredible arguments with some of the poeple there, most of whom knew nothing about the S6, as at that time it was still not in the USA.
Then and by the time the S6 Avant was introduced in the USA, many of the AW participant were very negative about the S6, all based on pre-concived ideas.
It is only when a fair bunch of guys owned S6's that the situation changed.

But it seems, and I don't know if it is an American thing, that there are a lot of moaners at AW, specially when it comes to upmarket Audi sport models...

Benman
July 23rd, 2003, 15:05
Originally posted by avdh
But it seems, and I don't know if it is an American thing, that there are a lot of moaners at AW, specially when it comes to upmarket Audi sport models...

yep, most of the complainers (of the RS 6) are in fact living in the states. i know every country has their fair share but it seems a good amount of the winers decided to move here:D

Ben:addict: (don't have patience for negative people)

Erik
July 29th, 2003, 10:09
Jealousy...

As someone recently stated here 'jealousy breeds vandalism.'
I think that is correct. But vandalism can also be in the verbal form.

But in my opinion jealousy can also be something positive.
If you want something really bad (but never afford it) you can either hurt the person who bought it so his joy will be less.
OR you can think - how can I be as successful? How can I change my life so that I can also afford it? And be happy about other people who can afford it until you can as well. (or ask for a free ride)

andyp
July 30th, 2003, 14:24
"Audi RS6 not much faster than BMW M5" ... you have to look beyond the numbers. For example, the M5 is a lot more difficult for the average Joe to launch than the RS6 is ... anything over 1400 rpm and you lose time in the M5 spinning the rear wheels. Anything less than a good surface and you could also be losing time with wheel spin and turning DSC on will definitely lose you time in the M5. The comparison is closest when considering 100 mph+ acceleration, where the M5 excels.

andyp
July 30th, 2003, 14:37
Originally posted by Erik
If you want something really bad (but never afford it) you can either hurt the person who bought it so his joy will be less.
OR you can think - how can I be as successful? How can I change my life so that I can also afford it? And be happy about other people who can afford it until you can as well. (or ask for a free ride) [/B]

True enough ...

Take the following post for example:"

Subject: [s-cars] I've decided to sell my brand new RS6

Well I decide to sell my brand new RS-6 on e-bay. My 200 20v is just as fast and more comfortable so I decided to keep it nstead. I can't make head or tails out this twin turbo V8. And the brakes, don't get me started on the RS-6's brakes. I love my UFO's and I don't understand why Audi dropped the design. The worst part is the ladies come running to the 200 but don't give me a second look in the RS-6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6004&item=2424941584

There are a number of things which didn't make sense to me when I read that post:

1. Making head or tails out of the twin turbo ... what is there to understand. The RS6 performs ...
2. The brakes are phenomenal ... granted you may not be the smoothest on the brakes initially if you're stepping out of a car with inferior brakes, but they sure do inspire confidence.
3. Why would you buy an RS6 to attract girls ... a Porsche would be a much more obvious choice. I would think that most guys buying RS6's either already have their girl or don't need a car to get one!

So maybe there is a plausible explaination ... rather than admit that circumstances have changed and the person can no longer afford the car, it's face-saving to trash the car.

GoFastKindaGuy
July 30th, 2003, 17:26
I endured a classic exchange last evening on my way home after dinner with associates.

Car full of teenagers first admiring, then verbally trashing, my turbo Porsche. The outburst was, "How much that cost?' "It's not your business." Then, "Expensive cars are driven by guys with small things." That prompted my closer...
"That is just a rumor spread by boys with small things."

I vanished at hyperspeed as his buddys were ragging on him big time!

I call this: "eternal joy from moron encounters."

:bye:

RS6FEVR
July 30th, 2003, 18:04
ROFLMAO!!! GoFast

Great conclusion! :bow: :bow:

:addict: FEVR :addict: