PDA

View Full Version : Need help programming HomeLink

Copper
August 21st, 2008, 16:16
So I have about a 3 year old garage door opener. After many, many attempts I was able to program my wife's HomeLink in the Lexus but can't get it completed in the RS6. I've got the "roving" code thing with my Genie opener. Push the button, blinks then go through the process in the Audi Owners Manual. No luck. So I've been using the regular remote clipped on the visor. No issues. Had a client in the car yesterday that saw I had HomeLink and wondered what kind of lazy idiot (in not so many words) owns a computer company but can't program his HomeLink?

Any suggestions or tips?

KfabR8
August 21st, 2008, 17:17
There's a thread about this on AudiWorld's Forums: http://forums.audiworld.com/r8/msgs/11959.phtml

The guy had the same issues with his R8 and came up with the solution in the thread.

If you have a non-rolling remote (like a spare or aftermarket), program the door opener to that remote then program the car to that remote.

Copper
August 21st, 2008, 20:08
DONE! I screwed aroud with it for about 2 hours and figured out that you really need to reset the garage door opener to the pre-programmed settings by clearing out all the codes. To do this, I unplugged the unit to 10 minutes, plugged it back in and held down the "CODE" button until the red LED stopped flashing. Then I programmed the RS6 HomeLink and the other remotes again. Now I know.

DuckWingDuck
August 22nd, 2008, 01:52
now we all know! Cheers for the tip, thankfully, my homelink integrated beautifully and easily the first time but if I run into trouble in the future, now I know.

Yancy
June 1st, 2009, 14:45
I finished my homelink sync this weekend. It is rather confusing. This thread was helpful, so I thought I would post what worked for me...

With the key in the ingition and the car in ACC position (or engine running is ok):

1. press and hold #1 and #3 on the homelink unit until the light blinks rapidly

2. Simultaneously press the number you want to program eg #1 and press the button on you existing garage door remote, until the light on home link changes.

Now you have programmed the homelink to broadcast the same signal as the remote. The next step is to have your garage door opener recognize the signal being sent from homelink.

1. press the learn button on you garage door opener, and then complete #2 within 30 seconds

2. press the button on homelink for ~5secs, release for ~5secs, then press again for ~5secs, release for ~5secs, press for ~5secs.

Now your gararage door should open via homelink.