PDA

View Full Version : Whats the BEST brakes to buy?

Muju
July 22nd, 2003, 12:26
hey everybody,

Its time to buy new brakes and I was wondering what's the vest brakes on market these days? Im not looking for racing/track brakes but for normal use. Ive heard the MOVE IT brakes are very impressive. What do you people suggest?
my car is a audi a4 avant mtm, if it helps at all.

thank you:cheers:

Erik
July 22nd, 2003, 14:38
Movit or AP is my suggestion.

http://www.movit-scandinavia.com

You can also mail per@alltombilen.com and ask for what you need and tell him I told you to contact him. He sells Movit.

Klint
July 23rd, 2003, 01:41
AP Brakes are decent(Maybe because they're british;) ), although I don't think, I've had the pleasure of using them. But they're of great functionality and supply many formula 1 teams with great stopping power...I think the best "Bang per Buck" is to be found here.

Brembo is another suggestion, if you like your brand names and have a 'couple' extra pennies to throw at them. The Scoobie boys and girls would "Wow" at the sight of some 8 pot, red calipered, 380mm brakes(I Possibly would aswell). These also have a great racing pedigree behind them.

and there's Mov-It. Never really heard of them till recently. Either they're new to providing brake systems to cars, bikes etc or I've just really never seen them anywhere, accept on the net. But it's either the Mov-Its or the StopTechs, that are basically renamed Porsche brakes. Still good, but I would rather keep the Porsche signatures on the brakes and make a millenium edition RS2 ;).

Hope it's of help, although I give my appologies for lack of first hand experience with any of these braking systems.

Good luck with your decision. And if possible, pictures of the installation. :)

:cheers:

Muju
July 23rd, 2003, 13:02
Thanks Erik and Klint,

I will either choose between brembo or moveit brakes. I sure will include photos of the installation. Thanks for your time and concern.
:cheers: