PDA

View Full Version : Zahneriemen

mimors6
August 18th, 2008, 20:16
hi everyone, well i think this is a thread adressed to all the german speakers....i need help with something here.....the rs6 iīm gonna buy has already the zahnriemen changed....the question is every how many KM do you have to change it.....the owner has changed it when the car had 60000 KM i think it is prety early...i have made some reserch and found that the zahriemen must be changed every 120000KM....its a little bit strange....the car has original 111500KM...

just trying to be carefull thatīs why i woluld be very glad if someone can answer me...

thanks a lot for every answer...:0:

Qisha
August 19th, 2008, 07:21
Dear mimors6,

if you are talking about the RS6 (4B) or RS6 plus (4B), the replacement schedule for the timing belt is every 90.000 KM or 4 years.

Initially the schedule was 60.000KM but was raised to 90.000KM with notice to all certified dealers via whitepaper.

Qisha

Der Major
August 19th, 2008, 09:53
That depends on the car. 4 years is a limit to change the zahnriemen no matter how many KM you have driven since as it is getting old and is becoming tiny cracks and so on. But due to the high strain in the rs6 the limit is 90.000 KM.

mimors6
August 19th, 2008, 10:45
ok..great....thanks a lot

i wont worry about that anymore.....i am sure that he changed it on time...everyrhing was made in audi dealership. I am buying the 03 rs6 (4B)..i hope on weekend i will post some new pics of my devil....

never driven the rs6 before so i hope it is gona blow my mind off...

and thanks again for helping me....
Michal

Der Major
August 19th, 2008, 12:05
Hehe...i hope you have driven something equal in strength otherwise that blow thing will be more true than you hope. :stick:

For real. If you have experience with powerful cars itīs ok but if not take it easy and have fuuuuuun. Picīs are must of course then.

mimors6
August 19th, 2008, 13:39
well, i had some cars, but nothing as fast or strong...i dont think that i can compare rs6 to anything i have ever had....just cant wait till the day i am gonna pick it up....friday is the big day

be sure that i will post photos, the first thing i am gonna change is the exhaust so i will put some vids also...

my new beast gonna be silver with black interior,19 inch wheels...although i will make some changes very quick:hahahehe: first the exhaust..have some ideas from guys here that have some serious sound,then the wheels...wonna put the RS4, tail lights, well some small changes....rs6 is simply the best a beautifull audi ever made by my opinion...waited a long time for this day to come...a little present for my 28th birthday....:rs6kiss:

everybody sais that it is fast as hell but untill i drive it i cant tell..so i hope i wont be dissapointed:)

just hope to have the feeling when to push the trottle...holly shit.....

Der Major
August 19th, 2008, 13:44
well, i had some cars, but nothing as fast or strong...i dont think that i can compare rs6 to anything i have ever had....just cant wait till the day i am gonna pick it up....friday is the big day

be sure that i will post photos, the first thing i am gonna change is the exhaust so i will put some vids also...

my new beast gonna be silver with black interior,19 inch wheels...although i will make some changes very quick:hahahehe: first the exhaust..have some ideas from guys here that have some serious sound,then the wheels...wonna put the RS4, tail lights, well some small changes....rs6 is simply the best a beautifull audi ever made by my opinion...waited a long time for this day to come...a little present for my 28th birthday....:rs6kiss:

everybody sais that it is fast as hell but untill i drive it i cant tell..so i hope i wont be dissapointed:)

just hope to have the feeling when to push the trottle...holly shit.....

Sounds like a nice birthday to come :) You will get some feelings when pushing the throttle. :wo:

mimors6
August 19th, 2008, 13:55
heeheh...hope i wont shit myself:jlol::jlol: