PDA

View Full Version : Import from USA to Sweden

Fart
August 18th, 2008, 19:39
My first thred...
Just love the RS4 and the RS6 and i fell that i must have one some day in some way!! :rs4kiss: :rs6kiss:

Is there any one here in Sweden that has imported from USA and can give me some advice how to do and what not to do!?

Thanks/ Mikael (Fart is speed in swedish) =)

Erik
August 18th, 2008, 19:54
I know someone who can.

Please check your pm.

Benman
August 18th, 2008, 21:01
Erik,

Perhaps OT, but you get penalized in Sweden for bringing out of country vehicles in like we do?

Ben:addict:

Erik
August 18th, 2008, 21:56
I'm no expert, but I think you need to (sort of) do a full homologation again.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I might be interested in bringing in a Porsche 996 or 997 in from the US over the winter...Mr. Bush and whoever's next, please keep the dollar low! ;)

Benman
August 18th, 2008, 22:29
please keep the dollar low! ;)

Don't worry, Euro Banks are already inflating the Euro and soon the Euro will go down.

Ben:addict:

mbolo
August 26th, 2008, 11:17
My first thred...
Just love the RS4 and the RS6 and i fell that i must have one some day in some way!! :rs4kiss: :rs6kiss:

Is there any one here in Sweden that has imported from USA and can give me some advice how to do and what not to do!?

Thanks/ Mikael (Fart is speed in swedish) =)

Possible, but not sure the final bill matches the hassle. You really want to be able to inspect the car first hand and make sure it matches your preferences.

By the way, US versions have yellow bumper lights and the round steering wheel. If I'm not mistaken you can't get it with the recaro sports chairs either... (skålade)

If you're looking for a good specimen, let's talk - because I might be selling mine shortly. PM me for more info. :)