PDA

View Full Version : me vs the 997 TT.....

RXBG
August 18th, 2008, 03:45
on my way home today from running errands i had an encounter i'd been looking forward to. it was after dark and as i turned onto a beautiful new freeway i saw him stopped in the opposite direction also waiting to get on. given the propensity of this martian to attract attention with its vicious headlights i knew he had seen me.

i got on and had to wait for him a bit. keeping it at about 80. i eventually saw the headlights fast approaching.... very fast and so i evened it out at about 90. nice clear road. no traffic. as he approached he didn't slow to match me. instead, hauling a$$, he passed me at w.o.t. like a locomotive. i figured he'd do this and so i kept my foot on the throttle and began to keep pace. he slowed a bit then went w.o.t. again. so did i. he pulled away from me steadily, as i expected, and continued to do this till i decided to shut down. i was going waaaaaaaay too fast. i figured i'd crossed the crazy barrier about 20 mph ago and that the porsche driver was either insane or a pro. it was night too. luckily he had to take my exit, which was coming up fast. the exit took us onto another freeway via a very long, steady, beautiful curve. as he approached it he braked heavily. i caught up to him almost instantaneously for i did not expect him to slow down so much. i was right on him, as comfortable as hell, the R8 asking me what the hell was up and wondering why i wasn't going faster. and i could have gone much faster, even within my own limits of comfort, had there been another lane i would have easily passed him. as it was, as the curve was ending and the merging was about to begin i did pass him. it took him a while to catch up again, but he did, very quickly. we hit traffic and then shut it down.

that turbo is a wickedly fast car. on the straights especially. and it sounds very aggressive. but something tells me the other driver hated that curve. (the driver... classic guido. a nice kind of guido that gave me a thumbs up as i did in return.)

the R8 and i. we danced around that curve. what an astounding car. what love. what sublimeness of a machine this is. unf*****inbelievable.

:R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss: :R8kiss:

and a :R8:

artur777
August 18th, 2008, 07:34
nice write-up!
thanks!
believe - if it were R8 V10, he wouldn't run from you even in straights!!

KfabR8
August 18th, 2008, 13:33
Very cool!!!

The way the R8 goes through the corners is just flat killer. It's too much fun!

RXBG
August 18th, 2008, 13:59
nice write-up!
thanks!
believe - if it were R8 V10, he wouldn't run from you even in straights!!

that's a comparo i am looking forward to reading about in a mag. hopefully it'll be the updated TT.