PDA

View Full Version : C6 RS6 Sedan coming to the States

S6driver
August 17th, 2008, 04:30
The good news- I got a call from my dealer today, saying they have confirmed with AoA that the new RS6 sedan has been greenlighted for the US. They previously wouldn't take any deposits until they knew for sure, and as I am #2 on the waiting list, I was told I can put a deposit down now that it has been internally confirmed. Was told to expect to be able to order in early spring, with delivery in the summer of '09. Wahoo!!

The not so good news- Was told that AoA is throwing around 145K as a price point for the RS6. Thats pretty steep. 40k more than the MB or BMW. Will it be worth it if thats really the price? It better be loaded. Also was told it will be available in extremely limited quantities like the RS4 cab. Think 300-500 units.

I'm also getting a V10 R8 and was told that it has been officially greenlighted for the US as well with approximately the same ordering timeframe as the RS6 sedan. Get out your checkbooks gentlemen.

crespo
August 17th, 2008, 21:08
Good news, thanks

absent
August 17th, 2008, 21:39
The good news- I got a call from my dealer today, saying they have confirmed with AoA that the new RS6 sedan has been greenlighted for the US. They previously wouldn't take any deposits until they knew for sure, and as I am #2 on the waiting list, I was told I can put a deposit down now that it has been internally confirmed. Was told to expect to be able to order in early spring, with delivery in the summer of '09. Wahoo!!

The not so good news- Was told that AoA is throwing around 145K as a price point for the RS6. Thats pretty steep. 40k more than the MB or BMW. Will it be worth it if thats really the price? It better be loaded. Also was told it will be available in extremely limited quantities like the RS4 cab. Think 300-500 units.

I'm also getting a V10 R8 and was told that it has been officially greenlighted for the US as well with approximately the same ordering timeframe as the RS6 sedan. Get out your checkbooks gentlemen.
Good and bad news indeed.
For that kind of $$,you can go to your BMW dealer and order new M5 with fully warranteed Dinan stroker engine rated at 620hp and a real manual tranny.
You would have to be a real hard core Audi fanatic to pay that....:eye:

DuckWingDuck
August 17th, 2008, 22:21
if this is indeed going to be the case, Ben was right about the ~$150K range. For me, I think that's a little too much for the RS6... As absent said, gotta be a real hard core fanatic to turn over that kind of change.

Hy Octane
August 18th, 2008, 00:57
Hell, after the crap we have gone thru with ours, anyone would be a fool to buy one here.. Just imagine how clueless the techs will be with even fewer of these sold here. And surprisingly, Audi didnt learn their lesson from the C5. Gimme an R8 anyday!

RXBG
August 18th, 2008, 03:50
all right. as usual rs6.com was the first with this prediciton based on insider info months ago! who was it? there were at least two regulars whose names will go unmentioned.

great news!

LIRS6
August 18th, 2008, 04:09
I'm with Hy Octane. But hey, if someone wants to shell out $145k for it, that's your perrogative. Let's see ... $145k out of the showroom...24 mos later, good luck getting $95k for it. I'll stay with my '03 - it's faster, and I've already changed the suspension.

chewym
August 18th, 2008, 05:31
I'm with Hy Octane. But hey, if someone wants to shell out $145k for it, that's your perrogative. Let's see ... $145k out of the showroom...24 mos later, good luck getting $95k for it. I'll stay with my '03 - it's faster, and I've already changed the suspension.

145,000 price would be with Audi not giving the usual US discount. A discount that they give even for the R8and the A8 W12. Otherwise, the price should be around what the S8 costs if Audi prices it as it does other cars. The RS6 is a little more than the S8 in Germany.

I am not sure how the new RS6 can be slower than the last one (unless it's heavilly modified.)

JCT2033
August 18th, 2008, 07:10
Hell, after the crap we have gone thru with ours, anyone would be a fool to buy one here.. Just imagine how clueless the techs will be with even fewer of these sold here. And surprisingly, Audi didnt learn their lesson from the C5. Gimme an R8 anyday!

Not only the techs are clueless, but also the Audi Dealers/Service Departments. For $150K, I will get one M6 and one M3...

LIRS6
August 18th, 2008, 14:05
I am not sure how the new RS6 can be slower than the last one (unless it's heavilly modified.)

Year (of specifications) 2009
Engine 5.0 litre V10 twin turbo
Transmission 6-speed tiptronic AWD
Max speed 174 mph (limited)
0-60 mph 4.5 seconds
Horsepower 580 bhp @ 6,250 rpm

2003 model was 4.3 secs according Car & Driver, 4.4 others ... Fair point ref Audi pricing in USA. It will be interesting to see if it captures much attention here in US. Audi erred when they sent an extra 300 or so here in '03 - it saturated a thin market leaving hundreds of cars on dealer lots until they were heavily discounted. I'd love to see it come this way...then I'd wait patiently for a used one in '11 or '12.

RXBG
August 18th, 2008, 14:07
the old rs6 cost about 30K usd more than a V8 A6. this one should cost about 100K pretty well fully loaded. i predict they'll all be sold very quickly. hell.... even I am thinking about it. i wish we had a cool family car i could finad an excuse to put the baby in so the whole family can run around town doing errands.

RXBG
August 18th, 2008, 14:09
[QUOTE/]I am not sure how the new RS6 can be slower than the last one (unless it's heavilly modified.)

the manuf times are always conservative. it will probably test more in the 4.2 second range when mags report on it.

Leadfoot
August 18th, 2008, 14:58
$145K sounds even dearer than we pay for the RS6 in the UK, so I doubt it will work out that expensive.

A figure of $115~125K might be nearer the true figure and with that you will get a higher specced car into the bargain.

DuckWingDuck
August 18th, 2008, 15:30
The dollar is rebounding slightly but I think when it's all said and done, we're still going to see a price close to Ben's original $150K. Personally, I still have doubts.

Erik
August 18th, 2008, 16:02
I want to hear this from more sources than a dealer.

S6driver
August 18th, 2008, 17:34
I do not doubt that the car will be available in the US. Suffice to say, without gettin into details, this was more about AoA than the dealer.

As for the price, I don't think it will be 145k. I think it will be 115-125k USD when it is all said and done. I think AoA is just trying to prepare prospective buyers of a higher than "normal" pricetag. It also makes it seem like a deal when it turns out its "only" 120k.

Qisha
August 18th, 2008, 19:23
Dear Friends,

i am sorry to say but i would not count on this.

Qisha

Benman
August 18th, 2008, 19:38
Dear Friends,

Qisha

That is unfortuante news for those willing to pay the price (whatever final price is decided on).

I'll just keep on trucking with the :rs6kiss:

Ben:addict:

Erik
August 18th, 2008, 19:41
Dear Friends,

Qisha

I was afraid of that.

But hope is the last thing that should leave us :D

:addict:

2jm
August 18th, 2008, 19:45
$145K sounds even dearer than we pay for the RS6 in the UK, so I doubt it will work out that expensive.

A figure of $115~125K might be nearer the true figure and with that you will get a higher specced car into the bargain.

Stop complaining about the price. RS6 is a real bargain in Finland. Only 220000€ which is at today's rate over $320000. That car is simply not worth it IMO.

chewym
August 18th, 2008, 22:55

Year (of specifications) 2009
Engine 5.0 litre V10 twin turbo
Transmission 6-speed tiptronic AWD
Max speed 174 mph (limited)
0-60 mph 4.5 seconds
Horsepower 580 bhp @ 6,250 rpm

2003 model was 4.3 secs according Car & Driver, 4.4 others ... Fair point ref Audi pricing in USA. It will be interesting to see if it captures much attention here in US. Audi erred when they sent an extra 300 or so here in '03 - it saturated a thin market leaving hundreds of cars on dealer lots until they were heavily discounted. I'd love to see it come this way...then I'd wait patiently for a used one in '11 or '12.

I think Audi said 4.8 0-100 km/hour for the last RS6. Now they are saying 4.5. So that's about 4.0 or less when an American magazine tests it.

S6driver
August 19th, 2008, 01:33
If anyone but Qisha had said that, I would still go with my sources. I guess we will have to wait and see. Someone at AoA is definately talking shit if it doesn't come here. I know several dealers are heavily pressuring AoA to get the car, so maybe they are just telling dealers what they want to hear. Like I said, only Qisha could make me wonder about my info. My guy has never, and I mean NEVER, misled me and he refuses to speculate about things that aren't definate..... On a side note, AoA needs to sell this car. Even if its only 300 units at the end of the production run. We'll see.

DuckWingDuck
August 19th, 2008, 05:26
I sent an email to my friend who's Dir. Marketing with AoA. If anybody will know, he would. As I've maintained all along, I would dearly love it if the new RS6 would come (though my enthusiasm for it is dimming with the weight and kinda hefty body), but something tells me that it won't...

ben916
August 19th, 2008, 05:36
I sent an email to my friend who's Dir. Marketing with AoA. If anybody will know, he would. As I've maintained all along, I would dearly love it if the new RS6 would come (though my enthusiasm for it is dimming with the weight and kinda hefty body), but something tells me that it won't...

Doesn't the DOT require 3-4 to be crashed BEFORE allowing import for sales in the US?

DuckWingDuck
August 19th, 2008, 06:38
Ya, the DOT's got all sorts of crazy reqs., but as the car is yet unreleased even in Europe, I doubt the DOT would be working on it now. Though if anybody's got a DOT contact, that might be another way for us to find out.

Qisha
August 19th, 2008, 07:15
Dear Friends,

unfortunately the RS6 has neither passed the EPA nor the DOT. Reconstruction arrangements are on a high level to say the least. Cost-benefit ratio shall be deemed to be a unfavorable bargain.

At this time the chance is slim.

But let me bring some comfort to all of our friends in the USA. You are looking at some highlights to be released over the next 24 month that are definately set to be sold overseas. And the highlights should satisfy all Audi enthusiasts need. :thumb:

Qisha

Qisha
August 19th, 2008, 07:58
Dear Friends,

for comparison, the official performance figures of the RS6 Gen.I

Qisha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi RS6 Sedan:

0-100 km/h: 4.7 sec
0-200 km/h: 17.6 sec

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/product/datasheets/a6/rs_6.Par.0002.File.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audi RS6 Avant:

0-100 km/h: 4.7 sec
0-200 km/h: 17.8 sec

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/product/datasheets/a6/rs_6.Par.0005.File.pdf

Audi RS6 plus Avant:

0-100 km/h: 4.6 sec
0-200 km/h: 17.3 sec

Technische Daten Audi RS 6 plus

Angebot in Deutschland - Stand: April 2004

Modell: Audi RS 6 plus

Motor / Elektrik

Motorbauart
V-8-Zylinder, Ottomotor, Fünfventiltechnik, Bi-Turbo, zwei Leichtmetall-Zylinderköpfe, drei Einlassventile, 2 Auslassventile natriumgekühlt, je zwei oben liegende Nockenwellen (DOHC)

Ventilsteuerung / Anzahl Ventile pro Zylinder
hydraulische Tassenstößel / 5

Hubraum in ccm / Bohrung x Hub in mm / Verdichtung
4172 / 84,5 X 93,0 / 9,8 : 1

Maximales Leistung in kW (PS) / bei 1/min
353 (480) / 6000-6400

Maximales Drehmoment in Nm / bei 1/min
560 / 1950-6000

Motormanagement/Gemischaufbereitung:
Bi-Turbo, vollelektronische, sequentielle Mehrstelleneinspritzung mit Luftmassenmessung, Kennfeldzündung mit ruhender Hochspannungsverteilung, Nockenwellenverstellung, zylinderbankselektive Abgastemperaturregelung, koordinierte Motor-Momentsteuerung

Abgasreinigungssystem:
Zwei luftspaltisolierte Rohr-Krümmer, zwei motornahe Vorkatalysatoren,

zwei Unterflur-Hauptkatalysatoren, zylinderbankselektive Lambda-Regelung

mit zwei beheizten Lambdasonden

Emissionsklasse:
EU III

Generator in A / Batterie in A/Ah
150 / 520 / 110

Antrieb / Kraftübertragung

Antriebsart:
Permanenter Allradantrieb quattro, automatisch sperrendes Torsen-Mittendifferential, Elektronische Differentialsperre EDS über Bremseingriff an alle angetriebenen Räder, ESP

Kupplung:
hydrodynamischer Drehmomentwandler mit schlupfgeregelter Wandlerüberbrückungskupplung

Getriebebauart:
5stufige tiptronic mit DSP (Dynamisches Schaltprogramm) und Sportprogramm

Getriebeübersetzung im 1. Gang / 2. Gang
3,571 / 2,200

Getriebeübersetzung im 3. Gang / 4. Gang
1,505 / 1,000

Getriebeübersetzung im 5. Gang /

Getriebeübersetzung im Rückwärtsgang / Achsübersetzung
4,095 / 3,197

Fahrwerk / Lenkung / Bremse

Bauart Vorderachse:
Einzelradaufhängung, Vierlenker-Vorderachse mit virtueller Lenkachse, Querstabilisator: Einrohr-Stoßdämpfer und Schraubenfeder, Führungslenker mit hydraulisch dämpfender Lagerung

Bauart Hinterachse:
Doppelquerlenker-Hinterachse, Stabilisator

Bauart Lenkung / Lenkübersetzung / Wendekreis in m (D102)
Wartungsfreie Zahnstangenlenkung mit Servounterstützung / 14,33 / 11,68

Bauart Bremssystem vorn/hinten
Zweikreisbremsanlage mit diagonaler Aufteilung, Anti-Blockier-System ABS, Bremskraftverstärker, Elektronische Bremskraftverteilung EBV, innenbelüftete Scheibenbremse vorn und hinten, vorn mit Acht-Kolben-Hochleistungsbremse

Räder / Reifen
Leichtmetallräder 9 J x 19 im 5-Arm-Design / 255/35 R19

Fahrleistung / Verbrauch / Akustik

Höchstgeschwindigkeit in km/h
280 (abgeregelt)

Beschleunigung 0-100 / 0-200 km/h in Sekunden
4,6 / 17,3

Kraftstoffart:
Super plus bleifrei, 98 ROZ (95 ROZ mit geringer Leistungsminderung)

Verbrauch städtisch/außerstädtisch/insgesamt, l/100 km
21,8 / 10,4 / 14,6

CO2-Massenemission, g/km

Außengeräuschpegel im Stand/Vorbeifahrt in dB (A)
89 / 74

Wartung / Garantie Deutschland

Ölwechsel / Inspektion
Wartungsintervallanzeige und Zusatz bei 30.000 bzw. 60.000 km

Gewährleistung Fahrzeug/Lack/Karosseriedurchrostung
2 Jahre ohne km-Begrenzung / 3 Jahre / 12 Jahre

Versicherungseinstufung in Deutschland: VK/TK/HK
lag bei Redaktionsschluss noch nicht vor

Gewichte / Belastbarkeit

Leergewicht in kg / Zulässiges Gesamtgewicht in kg
1880 / 2420

Zulässige Achslast vorn/hinten in kg
1255 / 1200

Zulässige Dachlast in kg

Füllmengen

Kühlsysteminhalt (inkl. Heizung) in Liter

Motorölinhalt (inkl. Filter) in Liter

Tankinhalt in Liter

Karosserie / Abmessungen

Art der Karosserie
selbsttragend, vollverzinkt, Stahl, Verformungszonen vorn und hinten

Anzahl Türen / Sitzplätze
5 / 5

mit zusätzlichem Flankenschutz, fünf Sitzplätze

Luftwiderstandsbeiwert cw / Stirnfläche A in qm
0,35 / 2,2

Länge (L103) / Breite ohne Spiegel (W103) / Höhe (H100),mm
4852 / 1850 / 1452

Radstand (L101) / Spurweite vorn/hinten (W101/W102), mm
2759 / 1578 / 1587

Höhe Ladekante in mm (H195)

Gepäckraumvolumen nach VDA-Quader in l (V210)
455 (bei umgeklappter Rücksitzlehne: 1590)

skiwi
August 19th, 2008, 08:00
having driven the new rs6, there is no way that it is slower than our cars. far better low speed handling (ride, corner entry, traction), and much much better tranny. i was very surprised at how much better the chassis is than our cars. audi has done a very impressive job with this car...

forget the numbers, the car is far faster, and on a challenging road, you wouldn't get close....

Benman
August 19th, 2008, 18:15
having driven the new rs6...

forget the numbers, the car is far faster, and on a challenging road, you wouldn't get close....
Awesome to hear!:cheers:

As S6 Driver said, Quisha is one of the very few here (I am not one of them :D) that you can completely take him for his word. No hear say, no BS. :cheers:

chewym
August 19th, 2008, 21:04
Reading the first gen specs, the new RS6 actually ends up with about 5% better fuel economy.

LIRS6
August 19th, 2008, 21:49
having driven the new rs6, there is no way that it is slower than our cars. far better low speed handling (ride, corner entry, traction), and much much better tranny. i was very surprised at how much better the chassis is than our cars. audi has done a very impressive job with this car...

Okay Okay ... maybe I was a bit overzealous ....I still wouldn't fork out $120k or whatever for a new beast when the most that Audi (or anyone else) would give me is $30k for mine. Given the pain and suffering that many of us have gone through with DRC, Audi should offer to buy-back our cars for $60k against the purchase of a new RS6. That might get my attention.

Hy Octane
August 19th, 2008, 23:37
Okay Okay ... maybe I was a bit overzealous ....I still wouldn't fork out $120k or whatever for a new beast when the most that Audi (or anyone else) would give me is $30k for mine. Given the pain and suffering that many of us have gone through with DRC, Audi should offer to buy-back our cars for $60k against the purchase of a new RS6. That might get my attention.

Hah! Audi wants you and I and all the other RS6's here to go quietly into resale and vanish from their records.. A big embarrassment for them which they will never acknowledge let alone offer buyouts to us for.. Warranties are up....They have moved on and now its our problem. My car alone has had 22 different shock absorbers fail and 12 sets of central valves replaced during 8 attempts to repair it... and its still not anywhere near as perfect as it was new..... Do the math..

Benman
August 20th, 2008, 00:11
Hah! Audi wants you and I and all the other RS6's here to go quietly into resale and vanish from their records...
But ya' got to admit Paul, it is still special enough to keep. ;) :heart:

xpl0sive
August 20th, 2008, 04:15
looks like your salesman read this website

http://www.carversation.com/2008/08/13/2009-audi-rs6-specs-and-official-images-selling-for-157000/

Hy Octane
August 20th, 2008, 05:28
But ya' got to admit Paul, it is still special enough to keep. ;) :heart:

Yep.. Sure is.. but its turned into a career already..:rs6kiss:

Erik
August 20th, 2008, 07:47

I agree 100%. Was about to write something like that, but didn't have the time.

skiwi
August 20th, 2008, 08:15
I agree 100%. Was about to write something like that, but didn't have the time.

and i apologise for the absence of a write-up i too have been too busy. i'll get it done soon...

Erik
August 20th, 2008, 09:53
Here's a link to my test drives of the stock RS6 Avant and the MTM RS6 Avant

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15829&highlight=rs6+mtm