PDA

View Full Version : Waterfest

Finnus
July 22nd, 2003, 00:47
I stopped at Waterfest in Englishtown, NJ on my way back from Atlantic City on Saturday. This is one of the largest VW/Audi enthusiasts' meets in the Northeast (although there were far more VW than Audis). There was one other RS6 present (Avus silver) with the owners of Stratmosphere, one of the Audi tuners. They kept it pretty locked up while I was there.

There was so much interest in the car it was incredible. From the time I decided to leave, it took 2 hours before I could wrench myself away. People were so excited to see the Beast, they were taking photos and videos, asking to photo the inside, asking me to wait until they returned with their friends, and begging me to stay until Sunday. One enthusiast from NYC told me to throw my girlfriend on a train and stay! I could have talked to people all weekend (apparently, Sunday is the big day). Two of the judges told me I would have won the "stock" car competition had I entered.

While I was visiting the vendors, someone stole my front passenger tire stem cap. Very bush league. It didn't matter, I trashed one of my tires on a curb in a rest area 75 miles from home (that's another story) and I salvaged the cap! LOL

It's actually a real bummer and my car is waiting for the replacement tire (P Zero - $285). I changed the tire myself and had all of the pleasure of using the compressor. I was so pissed off... I'll probably create a new thread for that one. The good news? When I get the car back it will be like getting it new all over again. Absense makes the heart grow stronger.

Finnus:cheers:

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Snow
July 22nd, 2003, 10:17
Sorry to hear a bout you little misshappen. Although it is good to hear about all the attention you've got. Once again a good example of just how special the RS 6 is. Great story!
:addict:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
July 22nd, 2003, 11:08
"Absense makes the heart grow stronger."

<chuckle> I don't know about the heart, but it sure makes the mind seem dumber, and makes the wallet grow thinner..."absense"... <chuckle>

Little Freudian slip there, Finman? ;)

Glad you had fun at Waterfest. I heard that 600hp UrQ was a big hit...you know, the Anthracite one from Kentucky?

Cheers,
Fru-T

Finnus
July 22nd, 2003, 12:24
"Absense"

Fru-T,

I had to break out the dictionary for that one. I guess I coined a new word:

"absense" - a lack of sense, characterized by dumb-ass (and expensive) moves like driving over rest area curbs... LOL

:cheers:

Finnus

Finnus
July 22nd, 2003, 12:30
I heard that 600hp UrQ was a big hit...you know, the Anthracite one from Kentucky?

I missed that one - it may have been there on Sunday only. The 700 hp stage V turbo Porsche was pretty hot ...

I also saw a black 2001 S8 sedan. The owner had bought it used, so didn't know if it was a custom import.

It was great to be among people who had a real appreciation for the RS6 ....

Finnus

Mr. Fru-T Pants
July 22nd, 2003, 17:29
I like the definition. Mind if I use your word in conversation? ROFLMAO

Sounds like you had quite a time at WF. Lots of cool cars. I bet that Stage V Porsche was smokin'. Was that an Autothority or an APR car?

FWIW, the UrQ ran an 11.8 with a 123 ET, but I and a few AW chums agreed that he was running it conservatively. I don't know what he has in it for a driveline, but with that much power, if he's even close to stock components, he could shatter the driveshaft or waste the rear diff in a heartbeat by dropping the clutch. He should be running high 10's, with the right setup, IMO.

S8's a fun car to drive, for sure. I drove one when they first came out a couple of years ago. The new one's going to smoke!

I would love to be in attendance at some point at WF. Pretty long trek for me, though. Say, if I end up having to buy my car, can I still have a couch for the night?

Fru-T