PDA

View Full Version : Selling CPO RS6 w/ warranty - Low Miles

i_am_Waz
August 14th, 2008, 19:35
Hello everyone ~

I need to move the car I just purchased in January. Always babied and I LOVE the car, but a pending marriage and house means sacrifice.... so.... :cry:

The car is an '03 Audi RS6 CPO (with remainder of 2 year warranty through Penske Audi) Arvus Silver/Black with 37k miles. I bought it with 35,400miles on it. To CPO it new brakes and rotors put on it and the 35k maintenance was already performed.

The car maintenance can be verified via any AUDI dealer as all maintenance was performed via the dealer. VIN # is WUAPV54B53N904316 or you are welcome to contact Matt Frick of HBL in Tyson's Corner Virginia who is familiar with the car (703)564-6252

The car has everything plus Navigation, Warm weather package (Sun shade, solar Sun roof), Sound enhanced exhaust and Wood Trim. It has been garage kept and has not seen rain. Boosted Bora from this forum has seen the car and will vow it's in mint condition.

The only upgrades from me include Clear bra on the front ($1k) and RS6 floor mats Black with Silver trim and the RS6 logo from Germany ($300).

I paid $43,500 + $2k for CPO warranty + shipping to Virginia ~ so my loss is your gain!

Asking $40k/OBO with remainder of the 2yr/50k warranty.

Attached are a few photos ~ I have more if interested.

Gene/ aka Waz :rs6kiss:

DuckWingDuck
August 14th, 2008, 20:05
beautiful looking car, sorry to hear you've got to let it go.

mtmscs4
August 31st, 2008, 14:42
Waz, Is the car still available? I am VERY interested. How can I contact you?

jbtexas
August 31st, 2008, 18:28
I am a little confused... when does the warranty end? thanks

Boosted-Bora
August 31st, 2008, 19:05
I can and will vouch that this car is very clean and well worth the buy.....go luck with the sale Gene

KfabR8
August 31st, 2008, 20:29
Marriage,:vhmmm: car :vhmmm:
Marriage,:vhmmm: car... :vhmmm:

That's easy. Been there done that. :brag:

KEEP THE CAR!!! :incar:

j/k. Good luck to ya. :thumb:

i_am_Waz
September 17th, 2008, 15:11
Hey JB~

The Car was Cert Pre Owned which allowed me to buy an extended warranty through Penske Auto Group~I would have to look it up but I think it's called United Auto Care. I was able to purchase a full extended warranty that runs until January 19 of 2010. This warranty is transferable from me to a new owner should they want it.

I have had several folks interested in the car ~ but so far it hasn't come together.

Had the car out yesterday again~ Man I hate to sell it!

Gene :cry:

karlson
September 18th, 2008, 19:01
what a beauty! I even registered on a site just to post comments. I am on a market to purchase Merc E55 supercharge, but your rs6 is just the beast. Good luck with sale!

DuckWingDuck
September 18th, 2008, 19:26
don't buy an e55, the rs6 is a much better car!

karlson
September 19th, 2008, 01:40
I would buy it, but rs6 are just too expensive. 2005 e55 are now running in mid 30s with warranty! depreciation for AMG cars is just unstopable. and financial situation in the country doesn't help. anyways, back to the topic, hopefully next owner will appreciate that :rs6kiss:!

bonedoc
September 20th, 2008, 01:38
Waz, how far do you live from Indianapolis? I too am debating the E55 vs RS6. The DRC problems scare me though. What is the situation with this car and the DRC? Is there a cost to transfer the warranty? Any computer or drivetrain mods? I am very seriously in the market...like I said, it's going to be the E or an RS6, it just depends where I can get the best "total package"

jbtexas
September 20th, 2008, 02:07
Waz, how far do you live from Indianapolis? I too am debating the E55 vs RS6. The DRC problems scare me though. What is the situation with this car and the DRC? Is there a cost to transfer the warranty? Any computer or drivetrain mods? I am very seriously in the market...like I said, it's going to be the E or an RS6, it just depends where I can get the best "total package"

I went through the AMG thought process. In the end, I think that they are very different cars.

If you are after easy, semi-reliable, raw torque/speed...punch and go...and high luxury and good pricing, its gotta be AMG.

If you are after something special/rare, different, with tunability, quattro... money no object, then it has to be RS6... I think that it has a certain enthusiast cache that the AMG doesnt...despite how fast the the AMG is in a straight line

At least, these were my final thoughts. One is not better than the other, just different. For me, I wanted something that I wasnt going to see driving down the road often/ever, and I really love Audi styling and quattro.

DHall1
September 20th, 2008, 02:38
Doc,

What is your speciality? I have worked in the ortho business for many years. Own a medical company in Colorado right now.

Well, I think I can answer your questions as we own both a Supercharged E55 AMG and soon to own a RS6 when I fly out to California next week to pick it up. :addict: I have been in the market for the right RS for nearly 6 months.....looked and drove many a RS6 and have spotted trouble cars right off the bat. Trust me, you will know when the DRC is shot.

My wife drives the E55 most of the time and I will drive the RS6 all the time. I agree that they are somewhat different cars but also very similar. Both cars need the best extended warranty period. That said, the E55 has some supercharger clutch issues but for the most part much cheaper to service. The E55 also has some very expensive air struts that can go bad. Its a shock, its got seals, they leak over time. End of story. Ditto for DRC.

Styling....both cars have top ranks.
Interior....may lean to the E55 on that one just because of the seats.
Suspension performance....RS6 is tops when the DRC is right. Its awesome.
Performance/power....seat of the pants goes to the E55. Its just plain a rocket ship on wheels.

Both cars are Autoban bruisers....it cleary shows through.

Bottom line.....drive everything you can get your hands on. One of them will help you decide. Dont worry about the DRC....just buy a good extended warranty and get out there.

Cheers,
Dave

DHall1
September 20th, 2008, 03:06
Apples to apples

03 E55 with 50k can bring low 30s for a well kept car.
03 RS6 with 50k can bring low 30s easy for a well kept car.

Drive both and you will make your own mind up. E55 feels alittle hefty but drives great. RS feels more in control and DRC when working is wonderful. E55 has brute power, RS has long turbo torque pull.

If you like driving the back roads and twisty rolling corners. RS6 is king.

I would buy it, but rs6 are just too expensive. 2005 e55 are now running in mid 30s with warranty! depreciation for AMG cars is just unstopable. and financial situation in the country doesn't help. anyways, back to the topic, hopefully next owner will appreciate that :rs6kiss:!

karlson
September 20th, 2008, 04:29
I went through the AMG thought process. In the end, I think that they are very different cars.

If you are after easy, semi-reliable, raw torque/speed...punch and go...and high luxury and good pricing, its gotta be AMG.

If you are after something special/rare, different, with tunability, quattro... money no object, then it has to be RS6... I think that it has a certain enthusiast cache that the AMG doesnt...despite how fast the the AMG is in a straight line

At least, these were my final thoughts. One is not better than the other, just different. For me, I wanted something that I wasnt going to see driving down the road often/ever, and I really love Audi styling and quattro.

Good post, I agree with you 100%. I am not sure about AMG being reliable, I asked many people on mbworld.or about e55, and first replies were "don't buy a car without warranty or buy aftermarket one!" Thats what owners of those cars told me, so go figure! You can make E55 fast, supercharger or turbo, both of them are possible to make easy hp. I am not sure if RS6 is that reliable for dayli driver. Right now I am driving volvo 850R now(I know you will think wtf, but that volvo got turbo, nobody knows but they make 300hp+ easy, I am planning to make around 500hp by next year, so I am starting to rebuild an engine). So I am not suprised about turbo cars. If the owner would consider to lower a price then I would think about it, but I can't justify to spend $40k for 5 years old, even if that original sticker price was around 90k.

Cheers

jbtexas
September 20th, 2008, 13:15
Good post, I agree with you 100%. I am not sure about AMG being reliable, I asked many people on mbworld.or about e55, and first replies were "don't buy a car without warranty or buy aftermarket one!" Thats what owners of those cars told me, so go figure! You can make E55 fast, supercharger or turbo, both of them are possible to make easy hp. I am not sure if RS6 is that reliable for dayli driver. Right now I am driving volvo 850R now(I know you will think wtf, but that volvo got turbo, nobody knows but they make 300hp+ easy, I am planning to make around 500hp by next year, so I am starting to rebuild an engine). So I am not suprised about turbo cars. If the owner would consider to lower a price then I would think about it, but I can't justify to spend $40k for 5 years old, even if that original sticker price was around 90k.

Cheers

I said "semi-reliable"

DuckWingDuck
September 20th, 2008, 15:19
my friend's e55 is in the shop more often than mine.

fastdaddy
September 20th, 2008, 15:34
my friend's e55 is in the shop more often than mine.

Hey, I thought you had an :addict:? :dance:

DuckWingDuck
September 20th, 2008, 15:41
ya, I have an RS6, but I've got a friend who's got an E55 and it's back to Merc all the time for random crap.

bonedoc
September 22nd, 2008, 02:40
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think that you all have good points. I am going to drive an RS6 and an E55 tomorrow. Neither car have I driven yet. I have driven plenty of exotics, so I will have some sort of baseline to compare them with...I know that these are not Lambos (although they are now the same manufacturer) or Ferraris, but I am hoping to have that same "feeling" about the R or AMG that I had when I drove the other cars. I'll keep you posted.

DuckWingDuck
September 22nd, 2008, 02:48
Shit, I like it better than those "exotics". For me these days, exotics are more like koenigsegg.

DHall1
September 22nd, 2008, 03:18
Doc,

The day I decided that the :addict: would be in my future was about 6 months ago. I test drove a 996TT and then a very clean Avus :addict: back to back. That drive did it for me. Hands down the RS takes the 996TT. The RS6 was slightly over priced and it sold to an Ortho doc in Denver so there was no opportunity to close the deal. Its taken 6 months and now I fly out to So Cal this week to pickup my Avus/Black/Carbon 34k mile RS. In the end, I saved about 10k by waiting 6 months and watching the market prices drop for this car.

Good luck, I hope the RS you drive is in good working order. You will pick the RS.

BTW, here is some good reading....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=594

Dave

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think that you all have good points. I am going to drive an RS6 and an E55 tomorrow. Neither car have I driven yet. I have driven plenty of exotics, so I will have some sort of baseline to compare them with...I know that these are not Lambos (although they are now the same manufacturer) or Ferraris, but I am hoping to have that same "feeling" about the R or AMG that I had when I drove the other cars. I'll keep you posted.

jbtexas
September 22nd, 2008, 03:50
Doc,

The day I decided that the :addict: would be in my future was about 6 months ago. I test drove a 996TT and then a very clean Avus :addict: back to back. That drive did it for me. Hands down the RS takes the 996TT. The RS6 was slightly over priced and it sold to an Ortho doc in Denver so there was no opportunity to close the deal. Its taken 6 months and now I fly out to So Cal this week to pickup my Avus/Black/Carbon 34k mile RS. In the end, I saved about 10k by waiting 6 months and watching the market prices drop for this car.

Good luck, I hope the RS you drive is in good working order. You will pick the RS.

Dave

Cool story. Not to highjack...but this wait is killing me! Talked to the driver...he will be to Dallas with my car on Wednesday, about 2 days longer than originally planned. Car is going straight to dealer for the following --

- put on new PS2s
- put on new carbon fiber, remove wood trim
- bumper to bumper cosmetic/mechanical inspection, address any service needs

karlson
September 22nd, 2008, 04:00
and look what you did with the original thread! :D

I am sure i_am_Waz (http://rs6.com/forum/member.php?u=5808) will be shocked to see two pages :)

since we are totally hijacked that thread. whats up with ads that I received via pm..

jbtexas
September 22nd, 2008, 04:05
yes... i was going to tell the administrator that i received unsolicited ads over PM also...

bonedoc
September 22nd, 2008, 19:28
Well, just got back from driving the car. From what I am told by the sales guy, the car has been owned by the dealership owner for 4 years. He is apparently pretty fanatical when it comes to maintenance. I am waiting for the documentation to be faxed from the dealer that takes care of the car. The sales guy said that he thought that there was some reprogramming work done, and that the car supposedly was around 600 hp. After driving it, I don't think that it is at that level.

First impression: this car is solid. I didn't at all try to take the car to any of its limits, given the fact that I have never driven this car and don't know what the limits are. I also did not know the roads well that I was driving. I was able to accelerate onto a curved interstate on ramp at about 85, and the car didn't even feel like it was breaking a sweat! I also drove it down a sort of country road with lots of asphalt defects...the car felt pretty tight. I have to admit, it was pretty rough when compared to my RX330, but that is to be expected. No major glitches though, so I think that the DRC is in order. The paddle shifters are a little "floppy" compared to others that I have used. They seemed to get the job done though.

Here are a few questions:

The car is out of warranty, so I am a little concerned about that. Do you think that I would be able to purchase a full after-market warranty for it? What if it has been chipped, does this make it impossible to get a warranty? If I can't get a warranty should I pass on the car even if everything else is in order?

What is the best way to get an independent inspection on the car? I would like to bring it to the dealer, but if the tech and the owner are friends, I might not get a totally unbiased review?

The car has 45K miles, which is over the 40K I had set as my limit for mileage. What kind of big problems might be expected at this level of mileage? The car should have just recently had a major service not too long ago given the current mileage.

Does everyone here trust Carfax, or do you recommend a different service?

Lastly, the car has quite a few small rock chips on the front bumper, no Nav, and 45K miles. If everything else is in good order, what is a fair price for the car?

Thanks

karlson
September 22nd, 2008, 19:33
Whats the asking price for the car? I don't know about this cars, so I won't able to help you with 600hp perfomance. you would feel it. I really-really doubt that they did modifications that added extra 150hp!!!

If dealership inspected a car and sad that they didn't find any problems thats already good to know, and carfax many times don't post accidents! I just found out two days ago when I ran my vin in there system. I got rear ended in 2004, and insurance paied $900 for new bumper. Police report was filled, but nothing in carfax report.. so be carefull about that.

DHall1
September 22nd, 2008, 19:41
Doc,

What region of the country do you live? Indy?

What are the specs color ect on the car? Any paint work/accidents? Some chipping on the bumper can be expected at 45k.

Owned by the dealer? What kind of dealer? Sometimes they are the worst to beat on a car.

Do not touch a modified car at this mileage and time.

Do not touch a car that you cannot buy a warranty for.

What are your color top pics? I have a lead on a 27k mile Black/Silver for just over 43k. Its just about perfect and has an extended warranty to go with it.

Your car that you just looked at. 34k topps.

Well, just got back from driving the car. From what I am told by the sales guy, the car has been owned by the dealership owner for 4 years. He is apparently pretty fanatical when it comes to maintenance. I am waiting for the documentation to be faxed from the dealer that takes care of the car. The sales guy said that he thought that there was some reprogramming work done, and that the car supposedly was around 600 hp. After driving it, I don't think that it is at that level.

First impression: this car is solid. I didn't at all try to take the car to any of its limits, given the fact that I have never driven this car and don't know what the limits are. I also did not know the roads well that I was driving. I was able to accelerate onto a curved interstate on ramp at about 85, and the car didn't even feel like it was breaking a sweat! I also drove it down a sort of country road with lots of asphalt defects...the car felt pretty tight. I have to admit, it was pretty rough when compared to my RX330, but that is to be expected. No major glitches though, so I think that the DRC is in order. The paddle shifters are a little "floppy" compared to others that I have used. They seemed to get the job done though.

Here are a few questions:

The car is out of warranty, so I am a little concerned about that. Do you think that I would be able to purchase a full after-market warranty for it? What if it has been chipped, does this make it impossible to get a warranty? If I can't get a warranty should I pass on the car even if everything else is in order?

What is the best way to get an independent inspection on the car? I would like to bring it to the dealer, but if the tech and the owner are friends, I might not get a totally unbiased review?

The car has 45K miles, which is over the 40K I had set as my limit for mileage. What kind of big problems might be expected at this level of mileage? The car should have just recently had a major service not too long ago given the current mileage.

Does everyone here trust Carfax, or do you recommend a different service?

Lastly, the car has quite a few small rock chips on the front bumper, no Nav, and 45K miles. If everything else is in good order, what is a fair price for the car?

Thanks

bonedoc
September 22nd, 2008, 20:44
Indy is Indianapolis, Indiana (ie Indy 500). There are very few of these cars within 200 miles of where I live.
I am still waiting for documentation on the car. I am not clear about the mods since it was second hand info, not from the car owner's mouth.
Send me a PM on the car you know about.
Thanks

i_am_Waz
September 22nd, 2008, 21:41
2 pages!?!??! Wow~ lot's of good stuff!

Doc ~ I am sorry it took so long to get back to you as I was not checking the thread! But, I did receive your Private mail and replied.

You are welcome to call me and I can discuss the car in details with you if you like.

Having driven from Indy in 1991 I think it was 9 or 10 hours to where I am. I don't re-call the mileage, but Mapquest says 536 miles one way.

The car doesn't have any issues and I encourage you to call the Service Manager at HBL Audi (Matt Frick) who will give you any maitenance details you want, but there' s no issues with the DRC.

The warranty is transferrable for $30. It was purchased through Penske Automotive and the warranty is through United Auto Care. I purchased the Preferred with High Tech warranty and is good for 48 months or 48000 ADDITIONAL MILES are registered. I can Fax a copy of it to you if you like. So Agreement date was 1/08/2008 and mileage 34876. It has 38250 now.

I am extremely particular about my cars and this is my second RS6 and would be happy to send additional photos if you would like.

The car has NO modifications nor has it been chipped. I considered it until I heard it would void the warranty and could damage the torque converter.
As I mentioned, please feel free to call and I will be happy to answer anymore questions for you. The phoen # is in the private mail.

Thanks!
Gene
<!-- / message -->

DuckWingDuck
September 22nd, 2008, 23:34
carfax = garbage.

DHall1
September 23rd, 2008, 02:34
Gene,

You may want to correct the OE post. You said the car was CPO and 2yr extended warranty. Below, you list an aftermarket warranty and 4 years.

In my mind, the aftermarket warranty is a better deal for these cars. Why, because the Audi CPO will not cover the DRC. Jerks=AoA

I think your in the ball park with your car and price. I would consider it but just too far away. I really wanted the summer package with the shades.

Doc-if the Avus silver/black is one of your choices. You really should buy this car. The price is a steal because the extras are thrown in and the extended warranty is already in place.

2 pages!?!??! Wow~ lot's of good stuff!

Doc ~ I am sorry it took so long to get back to you as I was not checking the thread! But, I did receive your Private mail and replied.

You are welcome to call me and I can discuss the car in details with you if you like.

Having driven from Indy in 1991 I think it was 9 or 10 hours to where I am. I don't re-call the mileage, but Mapquest says 536 miles one way.

The car doesn't have any issues and I encourage you to call the Service Manager at HBL Audi (Matt Frick) who will give you any maitenance details you want, but there' s no issues with the DRC.

The warranty is transferrable for $30. It was purchased through Penske Automotive and the warranty is through United Auto Care. I purchased the Preferred with High Tech warranty and is good for 48 months or 48000 ADDITIONAL MILES are registered. I can Fax a copy of it to you if you like. So Agreement date was 1/08/2008 and mileage 34876. It has 38250 now.

I am extremely particular about my cars and this is my second RS6 and would be happy to send additional photos if you would like.

The car has NO modifications nor has it been chipped. I considered it until I heard it would void the warranty and could damage the torque converter.
As I mentioned, please feel free to call and I will be happy to answer anymore questions for you. The phoen # is in the private mail.

Thanks!
Gene
<!-- / message -->

DHall1
September 23rd, 2008, 02:41
Gene,

I think this car is priced right. Where did the car come from? How many owners?

Can you send me some better quality pics?

Thanks,
Dave

Hello everyone ~

I need to move the car I just purchased in January. Always babied and I LOVE the car, but a pending marriage and house means sacrifice.... so.... :cry:

The car is an '03 Audi RS6 CPO (with remainder of 2 year warranty through Penske Audi) Arvus Silver/Black with 37k miles. I bought it with 35,400miles on it. To CPO it new brakes and rotors put on it and the 35k maintenance was already performed.

The car maintenance can be verified via any AUDI dealer as all maintenance was performed via the dealer. VIN # is WUAPV54B53N904316 or you are welcome to contact Matt Frick of HBL in Tyson's Corner Virginia who is familiar with the car (703)564-6252

The car has everything plus Navigation, Warm weather package (Sun shade, solar Sun roof), Sound enhanced exhaust and Wood Trim. It has been garage kept and has not seen rain. Boosted Bora from this forum has seen the car and will vow it's in mint condition.

The only upgrades from me include Clear bra on the front ($1k) and RS6 floor mats Black with Silver trim and the RS6 logo from Germany ($300).

I paid $43,500 + $2k for CPO warranty + shipping to Virginia ~ so my loss is your gain!

Asking $40k/OBO with remainder of the 2yr/50k warranty.

Attached are a few photos ~ I have more if interested.

Gene/ aka Waz :rs6kiss:

i_am_Waz
September 23rd, 2008, 17:37
Dave~

I will consider the update ~ and I actually have both the CPO warranty AND the after market Warranty. The CPO warranty is not transferable, but the after market via Untied Auto is.

I purchased the car from Audi North Scottsdale, AZ and as far as I can tell am the second owner. The first owner had all maintenance performed via Audi and so the history is simple to get from any Audi dealer. The original owner was meticulous, including purchasing a new wheel when the original was scratched. He then added the wheel as a full size spare when selling the car!

If you send me a private message with your email address I will send you some other photos taken 3 weeks ago.

Gene

aarong
September 23rd, 2008, 22:25
I see about ten times as many E55's than I do RS6's. what good is the AMG badge when everyone else has one too, right? :rs6kiss:

I have an ebony pearl/black, sport exhaust, CPO'ed, 46K miles RS6 in LA available. At this rate I might just give it back to chase...:lovl: