PDA

View Full Version : Which Warranty ?

Davo
August 10th, 2008, 21:19
Im not quite yet an RS6 owner but subject to my wife buying into the stories that Im telling her "its great size car for the kids, not bad fuel economy !! etc " I hope to be a proud owner soon.

I live in the UK

What is the best independent warranty to purchase and what can I expect it to cover (turbo etc)

An audi dealer said I really need to buy from audi to get a proper manufacturers warranty to cover such things as turbo etc

many thanks

DuckWingDuck
August 10th, 2008, 21:27
Dunno how it is across the pond but here in the US, what the dealer said is a load of bollocks. In fact, Audi's own branded warranty in the US is actually administered by a third party company. The important components to make sure whatever warranty company you go with cover are: DRC, transmission, and turbos.

cornishmoocher
August 11th, 2008, 01:08
Hello mate.

If you buy from Audi, then get them to throw in the extra 3 year warranty, mot insurance and also tyre insurance. If you have to pay, it will cost about £1000, but it is worth it. Audi's warranty is probably the best to go with over here (I know duck is correct over the pond), but it is the best way to ensure that the DRC issues are covered, as some warranty suppliers will not cover it. You can use this as a bargaining chip to get the warranty thrown in free, " the DRC WILL fail and keep failing, I want a rolling warranty" tc etc.
Check out this site for more info www.audisrs.com (http://www.audisrs.com)

cheeRS