PDA

View Full Version : Please advise- gonna buy 03 RS6

mimors6
August 10th, 2008, 10:37
Hi there guys, i need some advise on what to be aware when buying and RS6. I found one on internet, in Germany, allready spoken with the owner. Itīs an 63 year old doctor, heīs going to buy the new rs6 taht why he is sellig this one. It is an 2003 with 112500KM, last service made on 31.3.2008 by 108000KM, very cleen and alson always serviced in an Audi dealership. Of course it has the book of service. Although it looks great, like new what should i look when i go there and see it by my self...

I really hope that there will be nothing bad with it and next sunday i am gonna drive my biggest dream!! And dont worry..gonna put tons of pics here:brag:

PS: sorry for my english i am from Slovakia...take care

DuckWingDuck
August 10th, 2008, 15:08
LOL, for a second there I was wondering why you're buying one from Germany but since you're just a hop and a skip away.... As a simple search will turn up, some of the major issues with the RS6 are DRC, transmission (though this is up for debate in terms of really how bad it is), blown turbos, high maintenance costs.

mimors6
August 10th, 2008, 15:28
well i have read some are talking about the big problem with the transmission...but i was assured that it work like new and the turbos are also working prefectly....well about the maintenace cost...it has always been my big dream and absolute best car, so i dond mind giving some money away on it...better buy a new turbo than a new ring for my girlfriend..hehe...

DuckWingDuck
August 10th, 2008, 18:25
Well, here's the thing, the transmission could always be better but it is certainly a smaller issue than the DRC which seems to afflict pretty much everybody. As far as the condition of your car, I would hope that it comes in good condition but the above issues are common and things to watch out for as you continue to own the car.

mimors6
August 14th, 2008, 15:21
guys, the day when a become a owner of a c5 rs6 is almost here.....i have read about the failure of the DRC...how can i detect the failure and in case that it will happend in the future what i should do..can i replace it or what....

that is i think the only thing i am pretty afraid of:doh:

Bigglezworth
August 14th, 2008, 15:55
guys, the day when a become a owner of a c5 rs6 is almost here.....i have read about the failure of the DRC...how can i detect the failure and in case that it will happend in the future what i should do..can i replace it or what....

that is i think the only thing i am pretty afraid of:doh:
These are shocks/struts. They contain gas/fluid under pressure. When the fluid leaks past the seals holding it in, the unit doesn't work as designed. A faulty unit is 'usually' detectible visually and a unit that has totally failed is most certainly perceivable via poorer handling characteristics of the car.

Tim

tombs
August 15th, 2008, 15:48
Achievement the banknote helps no one, if this guy was really troubled for his customers he'd say. "I just came crossways this assemblage and am hired feat contacts between the otherwise companies to activity on router and someone configs to cater the hominid tableware wow Gold (http://www.ugamegold.com/) real dislike this virtually stimulant content, he possible didn't plane speak to his technicians before sending that group.

?in English?

mimors6
August 15th, 2008, 17:26
hmmmm....what language????

mimors6
August 15th, 2008, 17:30
what should i do when i want to put some more ps to the rs6?what companies are the best, etc....any advice what can i possibly do to the car will be great...

i am gonna put some sports exhaust, pipes etc...that will make some extra horses right?....anythnig else?

grizz
August 15th, 2008, 18:04
what should i do when i want to put some more ps to the rs6?what companies are the best, etc....any advice what can i possibly do to the car will be great...

i am gonna put some sports exhaust, pipes etc...that will make some extra horses right?....anythnig else?

Where are you ????

mimors6
August 15th, 2008, 18:08
Grizz, i live in Bratislava, Slovakia.....

have some advice???about the things i wrote?