PDA

View Full Version : Bmw M6 Cs

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2008, 14:59
.. is on the way! I can't wait to see the car. and I wonder what will it cost!

Ruergard
August 9th, 2008, 15:32
According to who? Besides you then.. ;) Info on this please!

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2008, 16:13
.. is on the way! I can't wait to see the car. and I wonder what will it cost!

Is this the CSL version some members hinted at all those months ago?

It's not like the M6 was that short on poke anyway. :lovl: The only thing that BMW needed to address with it's weight and handling compared to the rest of the competition. If they can make the chassis perform like the engine already does then it may finally justify the ridiculous price tag they currently ask for it for this sub-standard product.

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2008, 21:06
Today BMW® M Car Revisions
BMW® reworks the whole M range...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 M3 SaloonIt only seems like yesterday that the BMW® M3 saloon arrived on this planet but the company has already seen fit to revise it. For 2009 the M3 gets new rear lights, a new bootlip spoiler and a modified bumper - so nothing too extreme then. The alterations come just a year after the M3 came to market and the coupe and saloon also get BMW®’s seven-speed dual clutch gearbox - which was first introduced for the M3 Cabrio.

Meanwhile the M6 is getting a 'Competition Pack' to sharpen up its handling. The option makes the car 10mm lower at the front and 12mm at the rear and should make it flatter through the twisties. The Competition Pack also adds adaptive suspension control, new alloys and it will be available later this year.

A new iDrive system will also be fitted to the M6 and M5 as standard from 2009 as well as a part-time alternator which should help fuel economy.

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2008, 21:14
Is this the CSL version some members hinted at all those months ago?

It's not like the M6 was that short on poke anyway. :lovl: The only thing that BMW needed to address with it's weight and handling compared to the rest of the competition. If they can make the chassis perform like the engine already does then it may finally justify the ridiculous price tag they currently ask for it for this sub-standard product.

No CSL unfortunately but a competition package just like with the e46 M3. I had an M6 for a weekend and i can tell you, the acceleration is unbelivevable. The power delivery is relentless, right up to 200mph + :bigeyes: Also, The car is rock solid @ 200, you really have to experience it yourself to know what it feels like.

I just wish they had the CS as standard, not end of line revival tricks!

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2008, 21:18
The all new idrive system http://www.mtorque.co.uk/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=636149#Post636149

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2008, 21:51
No CSL unfortunately but a competition package just like with the e46 M3. I had an M6 for a weekend and i can tell you, the acceleration is unbelivevable. The power delivery is relentless, right up to 200mph + :bigeyes: Also, The car is rock solid @ 200, you really have to experience it yourself to know what it feels like.

I just wish they had the CS as standard, not end of line revival tricks!

That is exactly my point about the M6, the engine is very much so the biggest character of the car. The sheer power of that engine is pretty incredible, the match of any other exotic but it's the rest of the package which is lets the side down. Like compare it to the R8, the Audi has better steering, better balance, better poise and gearbox options, it might not matches it's all out acceleration but on everything else it's got the big Beemer licked. The same goes for just about every exotic in the M6's price bracket.

If this competition package can give it's chassis a bit of sparkle then maybe it's price can be more justified, remember the 550 and 575 Ferraris. ;)

P.S.

After your experience of the M6, how would you compare it to your M3, does it match up or do you still class the M3 the better car?

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2008, 22:07
That is exactly my point about the M6, the engine is very much so the biggest character of the car. The sheer power of that engine is pretty incredible, the match of any other exotic but it's the rest of the package which is lets the side down. Like compare it to the R8, the Audi has better steering, better balance, better poise and gearbox options, it might not matches it's all out acceleration but on everything else it's got the big Beemer licked. The same goes for just about every exotic in the M6's price bracket.

If this competition package can give it's chassis a bit of sparkle then maybe it's price can be more justified, remember the 550 and 575 Ferraris. ;)

P.S.

After your experience of the M6, how would you compare it to your M3, does it match up or do you still class the M3 the better car?

The M3 with M-DCT is the better choice. New technology, new car and shape. You will exit corner much faster too. However, the power of that V10 is addictive and the M3 feels so slow in comparison ( :bigeyes: ) I fancy owning the all new M6 CS a lot TBH but then again, there's the RS6 sedan.. :0:
For some reasons, out of all BMWs, i like the shape of the M6 the most and in fact, i was so close to buying one but the news of the CS M6 has got me to change my mind.. I know what the M6 is and what it isn't. It has flaws no doubt but it can make up for it too :love2:

How's your S5 Leadie? I test drove one and am positively impressed! Not much space in the back but still, a beautiful car and handles much better to my old RS6 :0:

:cheers:

Rutkowsky
August 10th, 2008, 15:47
Here's a good info in regard to the new M3 injoy http://www.kingswoodhouse.myzen.co.uk/BMW-M3-Aftersales-Training--Information.pdf

Rutkowsky
August 10th, 2008, 15:48
Leadie,

Are you still set on buying the e92 M3?

Leadfoot
August 10th, 2008, 15:55
Leadie,

Are you still set on buying the e92 M3?

No, knocked that one on the head when the economy took a down turn and looking at the way things are I am glad I did.

I have decided to wait until next year and see how things work out, if things are improving I will by pass the M3 and go for the RS5 but my more likely option will be the one I will take, that is the TT/RS.

It will have ample power to excite, will corner as good as anything on the road and has the looks that only the R8 tops. I had one of the first TTs out the first time round and it looks like I will have returned full circle.

Funny old world, were as most people try to better themselves here is me going back to my roots. :lovl:

The Pretender
August 10th, 2008, 18:56
Returning to your roots is the only way to keep your eyes open in this world.
If you loose the sight on your roots you will be lost for ever. :vhmmm:

Jarod.