PDA

View Full Version : considering selling my beast going to mb cls 55

dab
August 8th, 2008, 15:00
Considering going to the cls 55, ready for some rear wheel drive torque and the beast is starting to have some maintenance issues.

It is ebony/black black interior, 43K miles, chipped, extended warranty, clear 3m bra, rs4 forged wheels, hot weather package.

I am sure you all will have some opinions on this as i would buy a rs5 when it becomes available.

Anybody have experience with the cls 55?

DuckWingDuck
August 8th, 2008, 15:24
I say this as someone who was very interested in the CLS but IMO, it would be a step back.

Benman
August 8th, 2008, 17:40
There are several here who have/currently owned/own one. Hopefully they will chime in soon for you.

I'd say as long as you want the CLS, go for it. Great looker, but as DWD pointed out, I am also biased towards the :rs6kiss: ;)

Ben:addict:

DuckWingDuck
August 8th, 2008, 17:43
The thing that I've found about Mercs (and funny to say this coming from an owner of a 2 tonne car) is that they feel heavy. And as Jeremy Clarkson always loves to point out, with Mercs because of the overwhelming amount of torque that's available, the traction control unit is going non-stop and even if you "turn it off", it's never really off. Still though, this is to take away nothing from the CLS which is a beautiful looking car.

got boost
August 8th, 2008, 20:01
"Kleemannize" it, and dont look back.

Ive pushed one around Lime Rock Park, very heavy, and didnt handle well. But I find them very attractive and you can tune the living shit out of them. It would definitley make a very nice highway sledgehammer.

-my .02

dab
August 11th, 2008, 13:56
i havent' decided yet, but appreciate the input. BTW this is my rs/6 that may go up for sale.

It is ebony/black black interior, 43K miles, apr chipped, extended warranty, clear 3m bra, rs4 forged wheels, hot weather package.