PDA

View Full Version : Pulling the bumper???

HeadShot
August 8th, 2008, 03:08
Any advice on this procedure (Grizz - hopeing you will chime in here!!!) I have the step by step from the Audi repair manual but know there are always some tricks so ya don't tear things up. Basically for this first time i need to free up the bumper so i can screw the wings in from the back into the plugs i set in them (ref pic.) Next time i will be swapping it out for my spare that will be modified.
So a step by step would be excellent especially with the pull away from the side fasterners... small jerks to loosen it up right???
Any help before i tear it up. will have about 6 hrs to get it off / wings on and reinstalled.2 days from now.

Thanks a mill.
H.S

Yes - for those in CA. i may make it to the event, offshore has pushed to Sunday... just need 1 more day!!!

DuckWingDuck
August 8th, 2008, 03:22
Stop by an Audi dealership and talk to the RS tech there. I'd offer mine but he's in the hospital not to mention I don't think you want to drive all the way down to Mission Viejo. Heh.

HeadShot
August 8th, 2008, 04:11
Thxs Greg... Rusnak in T.O was vague.. i think Grizz will save the day. Hey are you in country??? if your ride is still at the shop i'd be happy to pick ya up for the Sunday session.. let me know P.M. Ya can try the seats and Tranny chip.
H.S

DuckWingDuck
August 8th, 2008, 04:20
Nick, man, I'm still in Guatemala. Won't be back until next weekend unfortunately. We'll find some time when I get back to play with yours!

GrantG
August 8th, 2008, 10:42
HeadShot, are you just trying to bolt on those wings/fins? Can you not just do this from underneath with the tray removed and the car up on ramps?

As for the bumper, I've done it before on a 2.7T A6 and the procedure is almost identical. You have to be careful not to damage wing bolts/threads and to get the fit right when putting it back. Other than that I followed the eBahn manual.

HTH

Grant

HeadShot
August 8th, 2008, 14:36
Yeah, i was hoping it was going to be that easy with access but it doesn't look like it. The bumper frame is right there at he corners (something solid and in my way... ) pretty sure i have to pull it but will know fow sure on Sat when i block it and take stuff off.
Thxs for the other comments though:)