PDA

View Full Version : RS6 speed

Georgious86
August 6th, 2008, 23:00
hi!can anyone tell me what is maximum speed of audi Rs6 c6 with no limiter?and why it's said quattro slows down speed!thanks

The Pretender
August 6th, 2008, 23:07
hi!can anyone tell me what is maximum speed of audi Rs6 c6 with no limiter?and why it's said quattro slows down speed!thanks
300+ Km/h and there is more power lost in a Quattro drivetrain.

Jarod.

Georgious86
August 7th, 2008, 23:42
ya!i know this,i've listened this but i can't understand why it looses power?and rwd doesn't?can you explain please?

The Pretender
August 8th, 2008, 01:20
ya!i know this,i've listened this but i can't understand why it looses power?and rwd doesn't?can you explain please?
Every drivetrain loose power down the way.
But because the power have 4 ways to go instead of 2 there is more lost of power in the drivetrain.

Jarod.

gdavison
August 8th, 2008, 06:17
In a non technical way ... more bits to spin equals more drag .. so energy is needed to spin the bits

DuckWingDuck
August 8th, 2008, 15:27
well, as people have chimed in, it's a simple question of physics, quattro is an active four wheel drive system and as the car moves faster, the power required to move all four wheels increases not linearly but exponentially.

cornishmoocher
August 11th, 2008, 00:12
well, as people have chimed in, it's a simple question of physics, quattro is an active four wheel drive system and as the car moves faster, the power required to move all four wheels increases not linearly but exponentially.
Beeeeeeutifully Duck!
A stock rs6 loses about 40hp thru the drivetrain alledgedly. (All the more reason for shoving as many in as you can!!!)

RS6-4dr911
August 11th, 2008, 03:03
Only a civil engineer, not a mechanical one, but I'm pretty sure the drag from the driveline does in fact increase linearly, not exponentially. Aero drag, on the other hand, does. Anyone back me up on this or am I off?

So the quattro, not insignificantly, has twice the driveline drag of a RWD car. But oh so much better in the wet.

cornishmoocher
August 11th, 2008, 03:17
If the wimwam on the end of the giggling pin sheers, then the tickling swage will not work and the linear gas modulator will implode causing a malfunction in the trouser department.:vhmmm:

The poor man asked a simple question, he is not doing a paper on quantum physics.:doh: :doh:

It really is simple, It takes more power to drive 4 wheels than 2.:revs: