PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RS6 v 2008 S6

GoFastKindaGuy
August 3rd, 2008, 20:42
I've been contemplating trading my RS6 with 55,000 for an S6 with 20. I just can't make up my mind :doh:

I need one car with some carrying capacity as a year around driver.:snow:

Is the newer DRC better? (The old one works fine.):mech:
Will I miss the muscular V-8? :rs6kiss: or will I groove with the smoove V-10?:alig:
Should I wait two years for what is coming next? :confused:

What am I missing? Why is it sooo hard to leave my beast?:addict:

HELP Meeee......:burnout:

RS6-4dr911
August 3rd, 2008, 20:53
I recently drove a new S6 with about 10k on it. Certainly a fast car but not as fast as the RS6, V10 makes some nice sounds but it strikes me as a much more refined car. The interior is indeed a nicer one. I don't believe it has the DRC as you mentioned. Suspension is firm but not nearly as harsh as the RS6, which my wife would probably prefer.

Clearly I'd take one if given it, but overall, I'd prefer to stick with the RS6. I like the rawness and edginess of it. Since I was close to buying either a 993 or 996, it's much closer to what I was looking for, but with the practicality of four doors.

One man's opinion.:addict:

DuckWingDuck
August 3rd, 2008, 22:00
Having driven Audiphile's S6, I'm ith RS6-4dr911. The S6 is a very, very nice car but it doesn't compare with the rawness that the RS6 brings. For mere mortals like me, I would stick with RS6 but for someone who's got such a collection of cars, I think while you'll probably miss the RS6, you've got plenty of other cars to compensate! However, if it were me in your shoes, I'd probably still stick with the RS6.

AuditudeA642
August 4th, 2008, 05:22
You have an RS6, 911 Turbo, Carrera GT, GT3RS and a CLK63 Black Series. I think you can manage to keep the RS6 and buy an S6.

Ruergard
August 4th, 2008, 09:58
From what I've experienced, an S car can never be an RS. For me? I'd stick with the beast... :addict:

Benman
August 4th, 2008, 18:10
GoFast :cheers: ,

Nice to hear you're still enjoying the RS 6. I'm with everyone else, I think you'll miss the RS 6 if you trade it for the S6. BTW, I do not believe the S6 has DRC.

Next time you're out my way looking at Lavey Craft, look me up. :D :cheers:

Ben:addict:

PS, I still sport the sticker you sent me. ;)

GoFastKindaGuy
August 4th, 2008, 20:02
I think you can manage to keep the RS6 and buy an S6.

Auditude, I can, but there is a 5 car limit to my garage (and battery maintenance tolerance).

Benman, my graphic still gets comments! and I will come visit next time West.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

DuckWingDuck
August 4th, 2008, 20:29
Auditude, I can, but there is a 5 car limit to my garage (and battery maintenance tolerance).

Benman, my graphic still gets comments! and I will come visit next time West.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I'll take that CLK Black off your hands so you can get the S6 and keep your RS6 ;) Heh.

Benman
August 4th, 2008, 20:48
Benman, my graphic still gets comments! Likewise, I get comments all the time. :)

GoFastKindaGuy
August 4th, 2008, 22:43
I'll take that CLK Black off your hands....

Not so fast there, Duck! My mamma raised crazy kids, not stupid ones! I wasn't even in the market for the Black -- I just stumbled across it and loved it. It stays.:harass: :heart:

DuckWingDuck
August 4th, 2008, 22:53
DARN!!! The Black is truly an amazing car, I was down in Newport Beach one weekend sitting in my friend's E55 when we heard this rumbling, turn around to look at it was a CLK Black, the sound is just ferocious! Apparently there's a new SL Black out now. Damn, I need to make more money.

snoopra
August 5th, 2008, 01:52
Likewise, I get comments all the time. :)

What sticker?:vhmmm:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 5th, 2008, 02:43
What sticker?:vhmmm:

Benman, you gonna show him or shall I?:jlol:

DuckWingDuck
August 5th, 2008, 02:48
seriously, i'm curious now!

GoFastKindaGuy
August 5th, 2008, 13:59
seriously, i'm curious now!

Would'nt want you curious for too long.:cheers:

Audifan92
August 5th, 2008, 14:30
^^ nice...

DuckWingDuck
August 5th, 2008, 15:44
haha, that's awesome! I need one of those.

Amulet-S6
August 5th, 2008, 17:27
I drove the C6-S6 and c5-rs6 back to back prior to purchasing my rs. To me, the s6 suspension more harsh than the rs. Under acceleration, the rs seemed to have just a bit more grunt. Both cars were great on the highway. I still prefer the look of the c5 over the c6 body.

Jim

DuckWingDuck
August 5th, 2008, 17:30
AMEN! Me too. But you thought the S6 suspension was harsher than the RS6? First time I've heard tat...

Fonzie Audi
August 5th, 2008, 19:25
"I still prefer the look of the c5 over the c6 body."

Jim[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

GoFastKindaGuy
August 6th, 2008, 22:02
...but for someone who's got such a collection of cars, I think while you'll probably miss the RS6, you've got plenty of other cars to compensate!

DuckWing,

This was the key insight. I've other "hot rods" and track cars. My RS6 was getting lonely during Summer and needs a new home.

I've made the choice to go with a Silver/Black S6. I need one "sorta practical" car that I can also drive in Winter. I pick it up Monday. Pics to follow.

Thanks to all who helped me wrestle this to a decision (this thread and others on RS6.com).:bow:

Benman
August 6th, 2008, 22:17
Thanks to all who helped me wrestle this to a decision (this thread and others on RS6.com).:bow:

Congrats on the decision all the same! Looking forward to the pics. :cheers:

Audifan92
August 6th, 2008, 22:48
Thats awsome!
Congrats on the new car.
My dad was thinking about picking 1 up.
Are you going to put an after market exhaust on it?

GoFastKindaGuy
August 7th, 2008, 03:38
Are you going to put an after market exhaust on it?

Naah. This is a road warrior (subtile commuter).:incar:

DuckWingDuck
August 7th, 2008, 03:48
Congrats on the decision. The S6 is a very comfortable car and for those times when you want to go zoom zoom, it's got plenty of pep. Now, where do I get one of those sharks!

GoFastKindaGuy
August 7th, 2008, 16:15
Now, where do I get one of those sharks!

Tough break. They're out of production. Two were made: Benman got one and I got the other. There may be a "minow" version for the S6, however.

Perhaps you can cut a deal with International Autos in Milwaukee. They get the shark on Monday.:deal:

DuckWingDuck
August 7th, 2008, 19:23
I'll swap you mine with yours!! Oh well :(

Benman
August 7th, 2008, 22:23
There may be a "minow" version for the S6, however.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:cheers:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 16th, 2008, 20:21
Steering is not as precise. Ride is softer. Exhaust note is less exuberant. Color is less unique. But I don't miss the 2003 RS6 this S6 replaces! This limo perfectly suites the gap in my rolling portfolio. The voice activated nav and phone is great. The iPhone interface is amazing. It feels so much more up to date. And I kept my Kinesis wheels (hope they fit with H&R adapters).
:heart:

jbtexas
August 17th, 2008, 03:24
GoFastKindaGuy, as I have dwindling luck finding the RS6 of my dreams (so much for patience), I have considered the S6. Could you post some more pictures? Also, how would you compare the acceleration? thanks!

GoFastKindaGuy
August 17th, 2008, 16:10
Could you post some more pictures? Also, how would you compare the acceleration? thanks!

Here is a side view. I'll take some more, but this is all I have for now.

Can't comment on acceleration from personal experience because I am a stickler for break-in compliance. However, I would expect the RS6 to be marginally quicker. It has a lighter body and 15 more hp. Flip side: S6 has more torque with bigger displacement and a six speed. I don't believe that will overcome the weight penalty, though.

For a sedan with acceleration, the CLK63 AMG BS will win that contest.

jbtexas
August 17th, 2008, 19:16
Here is a side view. I'll take some more, but this is all I have for now.

Can't comment on acceleration from personal experience because I am a stickler for break-in compliance. However, I would expect the RS6 to be marginally quicker. It has a lighter body and 15 more hp. Flip side: S6 has more torque with bigger displacement and a six speed. I don't believe that will overcome the weight penalty, though.

For a sedan with acceleration, the CLK63 AMG BS will win that contest.

Assume you meant C63 AMG, right? CLK63 AMG is a coupe, if I am not mistaken (?)

Thanks for your feedback...

GoFastKindaGuy
August 17th, 2008, 20:46
Assume you meant C63 AMG, right? CLK63 AMG is a coupe, if I am not mistaken (?)

Thanks for your feedback...

I've been sloppy. I do mean the coupe CKL63 AMG Black Series, but probably true for either. With me, if it is not a sports car, it seams like a sedan (or a bus).

Gotta have Quattro when things get sloppy!:snow:

kju
August 18th, 2008, 23:42
hehe hi ! First post here in rs6.com :)
Drove a 03 RS6 a few days ago and it just was astonishing ! I never experienced such a strenght in my life before ! Realy great!

Nice cars "GoFastKindaGuy" !

just wanted to say :

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

GoFastKindaGuy
August 26th, 2008, 14:03
Could you post some more pictures?

Papa got some new shoes. (Stock wheels are getting galoshes.)

RS6-4dr911
August 26th, 2008, 15:05
Really ? Wheels look fine but personally, I like the stock ones better.

kju
August 26th, 2008, 15:16
i dont like the new shoes...

GoFastKindaGuy
August 26th, 2008, 17:27
i dont like the new shoes...

I don't like them as much as I did on the C5 RS6, either. They looked dynomite on that car! Just "so so" on this one (though better in real life than in photos). I think the added size of this C6 platform makes them look smaller than 19!:vhmmm:

Since I dedicate wheels to winter tires, I decided to use the stock wheels for that. Oh well, they fit, look OK, and I didn't have to buy new wheels.:thumb: