PDA

View Full Version : My baby is back.. but is she OK..?

Fonzie Audi
July 30th, 2008, 14:30
I finally got the car back! New tranny is running great - the shifts are smooth as butter.. but..

The car feels COMPLETELY different. Steering specifically. The car is much, much tighter, and pulls to the left hard. Can you think of any reason why they would have touched or changed alignment or handling functions?

DuckWingDuck
July 30th, 2008, 18:29
Ya, if it's pulling to the left, I think something is majorly up with your alignment. Take it back ASAP and have them recheck the alignment.

Fonzie Audi
July 30th, 2008, 21:19
Thanks Duck. Sure enough, my service guy was so quick to deny any reason why they would be responsible for alignment problems. we'll see what happens

grizz
July 30th, 2008, 22:46
They have refitted the sub frame out of line !! They had to remove this to remove the engine & box . The service guy would deny it .

mmaturo
July 31st, 2008, 00:07
I finally got the car back! New tranny is running great - the shifts are smooth as butter.. but..

The car feels COMPLETELY different. Steering specifically. The car is much, much tighter, and pulls to the left hard. Can you think of any reason why they would have touched or changed alignment or handling functions?

To change the tranny out they pretty much dismantle the front of your car...this is a pic of mine with a comment added by my tech...but the entire front of the car is off for the rebuild so in the process of putting it back together...

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/19478/rs6_007.jpg

Fonzie Audi
July 31st, 2008, 01:09
I knew something had to be wrong. When i say it pulls to the left.. i meant the steering wheel actually turns left by itself. I've got to get this fixed asap.

Thanks for the help

DuckWingDuck
July 31st, 2008, 06:05
Ya, check out the pics here: http://pictures.twilightstar.net/v/greg/rs6/tyre when my blow out happened, someone else happened to have had his RS6 in for a transmission swap out. Basically the whole front end of the car comes off!