PDA

View Full Version : Where To Buy - Low Mileage RS6

jbtexas
July 29th, 2008, 13:57
After a lot of searching, driving, and some posting here... (thanks for all the feedback), I have begun my search for the right RS6. My email is jbtrichel@aol.com or I will also check here often.

I am interested in low mileage (less than 30k, the less the better) pristine cars only. Ideally, with black interior and carbon fiber option, sports exhaust, navigation...i.e.loaded. However, would consider the right car without some or all of these options. Will pay the right price for the right car.

By the way, I found a car with 6k miles, but it has the wood trim. How hard is it to switch out the wood for the carbon fiber trim? My guess is very hard...(?)

thanks in advance

DuckWingDuck
July 29th, 2008, 14:43
a little bit of searching would turn up the answer to both your questions.... DBLIPA's got a pristine low mileage vehicle to sell but he's almost never online. And swapping out the trim is very easy.

vangelis
July 29th, 2008, 16:03
http://carboncopydesigns.com/

Check out that site,, you can buy the carbon fiber trims, but i prefer to search on eBay, I have saw before some guys selling the whole trims for reasonable price.

DuckWingDuck
July 29th, 2008, 17:08
ebay is the way to go for the cheap route or you can just go to your local Audi dealership and have them order it and install for you ;)

ben916
July 29th, 2008, 17:32
JBTEXAS...

1. Check here http://www.parkplaceltd.com/browse.aspx?brw=all&filter=(Make='AUDI') and here is one with 6k miles http://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle.aspx?s=blank&year=2003&make=Audi&modelRS6%20&inv=304&vin=WUAPV54B83N905590&pos=10&current=1&size=50

2. There is RIVERSIDE AUDI in NJ that has one with 3K miles, at least last time I checked. Or one of the two yellow ones in the US http://www.auction123.com/showroom/riverside_audi/2003/Audi/RS6/4_2_quattro/WUAPV64B83N905451.html?showroom_dealer=4297&wait=false

3. I have noticed a trend that in the US, these cars seem to be in Colorado, Illinios, East Coast.

They are out there...

Benman
July 29th, 2008, 18:47
a little bit of searching would turn up the answer to both your questions.... DBLIPA's got a pristine low mileage vehicle to sell but he's almost never online. And swapping out the trim is very easy.

Ditto that, his ride is in very nice condition with extremely low mileage...

Ben:addict:

jbtexas
July 29th, 2008, 19:53
thanks everyone.... the one at park place was the one i referenced without the carbon fiber trim.... since that is such an easy switch out, maybe the way to go... also, DBLIPAs car is referenced often in threads, I saw that...but couldnt find a way to reach him or specifics on the car, thought maybe if he saw this would prompt a response

thanks again everyone

I didnt know the carbon fiber could be ordered through AUDI...that is even easier

ben916
July 29th, 2008, 20:06
Also check the www.audiusa.com (http://www.audiusa.com) and there is a section for preowned or CPO and then you select RS6 and no distance restrictions. A word to the wise, the information there is NOT always current...

The Park Place LTD is an awesome shop! There is ALWAYS something nice to see there. Considering their clientele (sic) is all Microsofties about 3 miles up the road...

DuckWingDuck
July 29th, 2008, 20:36
jbtexas, i'll send DBLIPA an email.

Boosted-Bora
July 29th, 2008, 21:09
the CF trim from the dealer will run you about 3K installed because it is considered to be a piece by piece order and all is special order

DBLIPA
July 29th, 2008, 23:35
thanks everyone.... the one at park place was the one i referenced without the carbon fiber trim.... since that is such an easy switch out, maybe the way to go... also, DBLIPAs car is referenced often in threads, I saw that...but couldnt find a way to reach him or specifics on the car, thought maybe if he saw this would prompt a response

thanks again everyone

I didnt know the carbon fiber could be ordered through AUDI...that is even easier

Check your e-mail --- I just sent you a note and included some pics. Sorry I have not been too attentive to the forum :nono: . My car has just under 25k miles, and I think it is equipped with everything you want (all of the factory options), and then some!:)

DBLIPA
July 29th, 2008, 23:50
jbtexas, i'll send DBLIPA an email.

Thanks DWD....

BTW, I'm not too keen on your current avatar. While it may not have been pc, the kid smoking a ciggy was better. Just my $0.035

Did you feel today's earthquake? My house was moving, and numerous items fell off the shelves, but the RS6 was safe in its protective cocoon....::rs6kiss:. The Lexus was rolling back and forth in the driveway --- eerie!

Cheers.....

DuckWingDuck
July 30th, 2008, 00:19
lol, bob, you're not digging Homer on the toilet? I'm actually down in Guatemala ATM but have heard about the earthquake. Glad to hear you're ok.

ben916
July 30th, 2008, 00:34
... Did you feel today's earthquake? ....

Felt it here, First shake was gentle, then a pause and then a stronger shake...

jbtexas
August 4th, 2008, 00:14
Bump.... still looking

RS6 w/ very low mileage, the lower the better
Silver or Grey, but all colors considered
Ideally black interior with carbon fiber
All cars considered, but these are just my preferred options.

Thanks!

Benman
August 4th, 2008, 18:04
Bump.... still looking

I thought DBLIPA met all the criteria, no?

Mine does but I don't want to sell. :D

jbtexas
August 4th, 2008, 18:08
still looking ---

* very low mileage
* black interior with carbon fiber
* perfect condition
* loaded with options preferably
* willing to pay price commensurate with mileage, condition, options, per the market pricing

thanks

Benman
August 4th, 2008, 18:19
still looking ---

Good luck, you'll find the perfect one eventually. Just be patient. :cheers:

choppo
August 8th, 2008, 14:05
42000 miles now,
and warranty till 75 K or end of 2011 if interested.
Audi just replaced the turbo's,tranny and TQ converter plus I just
had new front brakes/rotors and 4 new ps 2's to boot.
Just like a new car again.

aarong
August 11th, 2008, 09:54
I have an ebony black with approx 46K miles on it, full loving service records. full OEM brake setup (rotors, calipers, pads, etc) and RNS-E head unit. looking to just be done with it, can't make payments anymore. need the cash. pay off quote is in $45K range. negotiable. carbon and sport exhaust, of course! really wanted to put that upgraded sway bar, rennworx RSL wheels, and a milltek exhaust but alas, it was not meant to be...THIS time.

if anyone is interested please let me know, I'm near desperate :eek:

:rs6:

mr
August 11th, 2008, 10:12
I know one with under 9k km on it - but as all postings till now were from the US, I don't think you're intrested in buying a european RS6;
If you're intrested - just PM me.

Benman
August 11th, 2008, 17:18
I know one with under 9k km on it - but as all postings till now were from the US, I don't think you're intrested in buying a european RS6;
If you're intrested - just PM me.

The Euro to USD is very much NOT in our favor at the moment, so the asking price would have to be ridiculously low, not to mention all the red tape from our "wonderful" DOT...

I've seen aarong's car before at an Audi drive, clean...

jbtexas
August 12th, 2008, 05:16
yes... no Euro, cant afford the exchange!

jiainsmith
August 13th, 2008, 04:12
Black with silver interior; carbon fiber trim, sound enhancing exhaust; NAV; rear side airbags, clearbra, snow tires as well as yokohama summer tires, 27,000 miles.

PM me if interested.

DuckWingDuck
August 13th, 2008, 06:08
post some pics!

jiainsmith
August 13th, 2008, 14:41
Will do. Traveling right now but will put some up when I get back.

Iain