PDA

View Full Version : New boy to the block

rodneyj
July 20th, 2003, 17:48
Hi all,

it's about a year since I sold my Misano Red RS4 and have regretted it ever since. Was sitting in the study on Fri, day dreaming and it suddenly dawned on me that I had still not seen an RS6.

Decided to go for a quick trot to my local dealer, just in case. As I arrived, there she was, sitting in the showroom. A new, unregistered, fully loaded Misano Red RS6 Avant. Love at first sight.

Same hasty soul searching and I decided to say goodbye to my 2 week old Z4 3.0 and my allocated slot for an M3 CSL to jump back into Audi ownership.

I collect the beast at 9am tomorrow morning and I have the jitters reminiscent of being a school kid on the last day of term.

Tell me I have done the right thing.....does anyone have any photos of a Misano Avant. (Figure I had better let the wife see a photo before the real thing arrives).

Thanks

Rod

Klint
July 20th, 2003, 18:00
Rod,

Welcome aboard!

Brilliant News about the new purchase. Stunning vehicle. I hope you have many enjoyable miles of ownership from the RS6.

There was a recent thread with a picture of a Misano Red RS6 Avant, in it and recently (within the last two or three pages) there have been quiet a few threads regarding the Misano Red on the RS6. If you have any troubles finding certain threads, just drop us a PM. :)

:cheers:

Erik
July 20th, 2003, 18:12
Of course you did the right thing ;)

You can find pics of a misano red RS6 Avant here: http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html and also use the search function "misano" in the forum and see what you find.

:addict:

rodneyj
July 20th, 2003, 18:17
Thanks guys, found the threads and am certainly chuffed with my choice.

14 hours to go !

Rod

Mal
July 21st, 2003, 09:02
I've had my Misano Red RS6 sinch March and it is a stunning car. IMO it is by far the best colour for the RS6, especially the Avant. Would done on your purchase, you will not be dissappointed

Snow
July 21st, 2003, 11:59
Considering that you gave two cars up just in favour for the RS 6 says a lot doesn't it? :D I think that the Misano Red is really beautifull, but most of the RS 6-owners are going for stealth (now exactly how stealthy can a RS 6 get :eye:?) There's a thin line between beauty and exaguration. The Imola Yellow RS 6 I saw a picture of (link somewhere around here) wasn't my cup of tea.

MichaelJP
July 22nd, 2003, 10:32
Originally posted by rodneyj
Decided to go for a quick trot to my local dealer, just in case. As I arrived, there she was, sitting in the showroom. A new, unregistered, fully loaded Misano Red RS6 Avant. Love at first sight.

That's exactly how I ended up with mine - saw it in the dealers and signed for it the same day:) I certainly hadn't planned on changing the car that day or even this year!

- Michael