PDA

View Full Version : Wolfsburg/Car museums and shops in Northern Germany

Aragorn
July 19th, 2003, 17:41
Either this Thursday or Friday (July 24/25) I'll be going from Kassel to Lübeck, and depending on circumstances, I might have some extra time to stray from the route. I'd specifically like to stop by at least one worthwhile car-related place: a tuner, a museum, a particularly nice showroom, etc.

I've looked at the Volkswagen AutoMuseum (http://automuseum.volkswagen.de/), and I'm inclined to go there, unless someone comes up with another tempting suggestion.

If nothing else:
* How longs does it take to drive from Hannover to Wolfsburg? About an hour?
* Has anyone been to the AutoMuseum? If so, how was it?

Thanks in advance,

Aragorn

Klint
July 22nd, 2003, 02:33
Hey Aragorn,

I visted the Porsche museum, by their factory a good few years back, when I and a couple friends were denied access to the factory.... Although it's abit of your tracks, maybe...in Stuttgart. But I thought it's worth mentioning as no one has really replied...anyone else with ideas, for Aragorn? :p

:cheers:

P.S Enjoy yourself!

Aragorn
July 22nd, 2003, 03:38
Originally posted by Klint
I visted the Porsche museum, by their factory a good few years back, when I and a couple friends were denied access to the factory.... Although it's abit of your tracks, maybe...in Stuttgart. But I thought it's worth mentioning as no one has really replied...anyone else with ideas, for Aragorn? :p

Thanks for the suggestion, Klint. Sadly, there isn't nearly enough time to visit Stuttgart on this trip :(

Last time I went to Germany (October '94), I visited the Porsche dealership in Wiesbaden. I still keep two really neat brochures from that visit: one on the 993 Carrera and one on special equipment for the whole Porsche model line-up. The brochures are more like books: hardcover and about 40 pages full of nice pictures and information. If only I could lay hands on a scanner... there are some goodies worth sharing.

P.S Enjoy yourself!
I'm still hoping there'll be enough time for me to go to Wolfsburg and visit the museum. So thanks, I'm sure I'll have a good time if I make it there. And since I'm bringing my digital camera, I'd then have some picture for you all! :cheers:

Cheers,

Aragorn

Klint
July 23rd, 2003, 01:28
Originally posted by Aragorn

Last time I went to Germany (October '94), I visited the Porsche dealership in Wiesbaden. I still keep two really neat brochures from that visit: one on the 993 Carrera and one on special equipment for the whole Porsche model line-up. The brochures are more like books: hardcover and about 40 pages full of nice pictures and information. If only I could lay hands on a scanner... there are some goodies worth sharing.

I remember those Brochures that came out of Porsche...wasn't that 'the day' when they advertising their cars like Jaguars..but now they still offer those booklets but don't give their car's the, so much focused gentleman's appeal, within them. They promote their cars as more of a sporty kind now.

I think we have one of the Porsche 993, somewhere. I'll have to have a look, if not it'll be worth while scanning in the pages, although it really isn't needed. hehe. :)

I'm still hoping there'll be enough time for me to go to Wolfsburg and visit the museum. So thanks, I'm sure I'll have a good time if I make it there. And since I'm bringing my digital camera, I'd then have some picture for you all! :cheers:

Cheers,

Aragorn

If you can get pictures, that'll be brilliant!

Are your going to go on your adventures in a Hire Car? If so, Do you know what type?

Thanks!

:cheers:

mjrr
July 23rd, 2003, 20:52
Don't you mean the "Autostadt"???? That's the modern version of a museum. Lot's of Videopresentations and "experiments" to do... it's a lot of VW and less for Audi, Lamborghini and Bugatti. Although it's veeeery good work by the Team.

mjrr