PDA

View Full Version : new NSX- VCM, 3300 lbs, and 600 hp

RXBG
July 15th, 2008, 14:47
http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-readies-gt-r-beating-nsx.html

at an est 150K USD price point........

this thing will smoke the LFA and the GTR spec V. that's what happens when you come to the table with a puny V6 TT engine.... you can only force it so much....

JavierNuvolari
July 15th, 2008, 15:06
I know I will adore that car as soon as it is released. Impressive cards it has, but not more impressive than the Original NSX, wich was developed in colaboration with the deceased fomula 1 legend Senna.

RXBG...the GTR V-Spec will smoke this thing, but then again I'm pretty sure there will be a Type R version of the Honda.

RXBG
July 15th, 2008, 15:14
re: the GTR spec V- we will see.

i don't think nissan can get that much more out of the GTR engine. it is extremely high strung. at most- another 50 real hp. and probably not that much more torque. still less hp than this NSX (if it does make 600 hp) and about the same torque. they'll be gutting the car out in order to make it faster and that means a hardcore, non daily driving type of car. whereas the NSX will be a full car package.

we'll see...

AndyBG
July 15th, 2008, 15:40
This way or another, it will be extremely fast car...

JavierNuvolari
July 15th, 2008, 19:28
re: the GTR spec V- we will see.

i don't think nissan can get that much more out of the GTR engine. it is extremely high strung. at most- another 50 real hp. and probably not that much more torque. still less hp than this NSX (if it does make 600 hp) and about the same torque. they'll be gutting the car out in order to make it faster and that means a hardcore, non daily driving type of car. whereas the NSX will be a full car package.

we'll see...

I have to agree with you that Nissan won't be able to get much more hp from the current engine, on the other side the GTR is a very fat car. 50hp + less weight(150 kilo) should make it an interesting match.

As for the future NSX, it WILL be an outstanting car and anything less than that would be a fail...big time.

Saludos mate:cheers:

Z07
July 17th, 2008, 15:38
It'll shed a few bhp and gain a few pounds prior to production.

rks838
July 17th, 2008, 23:21
With only as much power as the GT-R, the NSX, with 3300 POUNDS, and still with AWD, will WHOOP the GT-R. Spec-V too, I'd guess, as this can drop - how much, 300lbs? - from the GT-R's 3800lb+ weight as most.

Power included, at ~600hp, the NSX could kick the GT-R to the moon. The GT-R is already a world beater (most recently, it topped the Corvette ZO6, Viper ACR, and 911 GT2 in a Car and Driver test). What would that make the upcoming NSX? :bigeyes:

Benman
July 18th, 2008, 00:19
It is all speculation at this point, but my guess is the "standard" NSX will just eclipse the upcoming GT-R V Spec. I can not see how the V-Spec could top the MkII NSX, but at the same time, I can't see how the NSX will "WHOOP" the V-Spec, as rks838 correctly pointed out, the standard GT-R is already beating cars like the Z06, Viper ACR, and 911 GT2... I mean, no car can "whoop" a better version of a car that is already beating cars like those... unless of course, we are going into Veyron territory. ;)

In any case, I am drooling with anticipation over the upcoming NSX...:heart:

Ben:addict:

Z07
July 18th, 2008, 18:02
With only as much power as the GT-R, the NSX, with 3300 POUNDS, and still with AWD, will WHOOP the GT-R. Spec-V too, I'd guess, as this can drop - how much, 300lbs? - from the GT-R's 3800lb+ weight as most.

Power included, at ~600hp, the NSX could kick the GT-R to the moon. The GT-R is already a world beater (most recently, it topped the Corvette ZO6, Viper ACR, and 911 GT2 in a Car and Driver test). What would that make the upcoming NSX? :bigeyes:
Does anyone remember the hypotheses of the 1400kg GTR and the 1500kg Veyron? Productionisation is a Super-Size me diet.

The Pretender
July 20th, 2008, 11:41
1497 Kg is a very nice weight for a V10 engined car.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
July 20th, 2008, 12:50
How accurate have Honda statements been in the past when estimating future cars, that's the best way to judge on this occasion.

Z07
July 20th, 2008, 13:00
How accurate have Honda statements been in the past when estimating future cars, that's the best way to judge on this occasion.
I can't remember the last car that actually entered production weighing the same as early predictions suggested.

Leadfoot
July 20th, 2008, 13:03
I can't remember the last car that actually entered production weighing the same as early predictions suggested.

Sure but how close have Honda been in the past, that the question.

P.S.

A lot of the estimate I read for the GTR were in the 1600~1700kg bracket so Nissan weren't too far off.

rks838
July 21st, 2008, 04:39
All good points. "WHOOP" was too strong, yet still, IF the predictions are accurate, the NSX will be gobs lighter than the GT-R, and with weight so important in a car's performance, I can only imagine the result. But "imagine" is the key word...

Z07
July 21st, 2008, 12:07
Sure but how close have Honda been in the past, that the question.

P.S.

A lot of the estimate I read for the GTR were in the 1600~1700kg bracket so Nissan weren't too far off.
You missed the earlier ones, which suggested sub-1500kg. It's all BS until the car is on sale.