PDA

View Full Version : Rumours from Car Magazine

Marv
July 14th, 2008, 22:33
Definitely worth a read: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Industry-News/Audi-RS4-A1-S5-and-R8-V10-details/?content-block=1

Supposedly from a "high-placed Audi source" whatever that means. It all sounds possible but time will tell....

The thing that stretched belief a bit too far for me was that they reckon the next RS4 will also be a supercharged V6. I can't see how Audi could get enough grunt out of that engine to take on the competition.

Marv

Audiphile
July 15th, 2008, 02:55
I don't buy it. Too much holes in the predications. Plus it is CAR magazine. The ultimate ant-Audi rag.

RXBG
July 15th, 2008, 14:14
CAR is about as bad as car and driver and motor trend.

not to mention edmunds.

SC V6 for RS4? :lovl:

mebbe twincharged or TT.............................. V8 ;)

itisme
July 15th, 2008, 14:48

not to mention edmunds.

well but it could be true... I expact oil prices to reach 2 euros per litre till christmas here in germany... downsizing is THE one point manufactorers are now working on...
I wouldn't say that it is so far away from imagination than it looks like at the first moment.

We will see...

Rage
July 15th, 2008, 16:37

not to mention edmunds.

I seriously doubt the next RS4 will be a V8.

Prepare (prob 3 years, so you have some time;)) to eat your words. The next M3 will not be a V8 just as the next M5 will not be a V10. Manufacturers are now focusing on lighter more efficient cars with smaller more effiecient engines. That applies to M, and I think it will apply to RS and AMG as well in due time.

In some repects porsche had it right all along with their relatively light and nimble 911/cayman models with 'puny' (but highly engineered) V6s. The FL carrera is lauded as a 188mph sports car that is capable of 30mpg.

Marv
July 15th, 2008, 21:54
I think V6 is a good call given that petrol prices are only going one way but super charged? Maybe the Car Magazine journo is a numpty and he got the V6 bit right but fell asleep at the key point when Audi guy said V6 with twin sequential turbo :hihi: I just don't know enough about super charging but it doesn't seem to add up.