PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Price drop?

Davo
July 13th, 2008, 22:12
Do people think that with the price of fuel increasing the 03/04 RS6 price will drop. I have noticed quite a lot of 2nd hand cars on Top Marques recently and just wondering whether to hang on a while in case they do.

Im guessing that they wont.

PS - is there an audi meet anywhere in the UK over the next few months?

Received a quote the other day at £450. Less to insure than my modified saab 95 aero !

Need to pursuade the missus who at the minute says they cost to much to run. MMMmm

many thanks
Chris

DuckWingDuck
July 14th, 2008, 02:09
Being such a limited edition car, there is a floor to the pricing and with most people who would look at the RS6, fuel consumption is probably not a very high component of their income and as such I doubt it'll go much lower.

Audiphile
July 14th, 2008, 02:49
Plus RS6s are usually not daily drivers (or at least shouldn't be in my opinion), so I do not see increasing fuel prices having much of an effect.

DuckWingDuck
July 14th, 2008, 03:24
Richard, should've been at the class yesterday man. Good stuff, there was another RS6, Ricardo who seems to know you? Good stuff.

cornishmoocher
July 14th, 2008, 07:34
Davo- try these sites for meets.

www.audisrs.com (http://www.audisrs.com) www.rs246.com (http://www.rs246.com)

Fuel for the 6 is cheaper than DERV. I only run mine on 99ron, which I have started buying from Tesco, as we now shop there and get 5p per litre off the fuel which take it to 1.18 per litre. (spend £50-5p reduction). I use mine daily and am only getting 300 miles from a tank tops around town (14-15mpg) but on a run i get 20 unless i depress the fast pedal to hard!

Davo
July 14th, 2008, 21:29
Thanks for the replies.

Crikey they are not good on the fuel. Most of my driving is motorway 80 miles per day, therefore would hope to get 20-22mpg (driving like a granny)

How much does it cost to fill up a tank on high octane. My saab takes £100 these days.

I will check out the web links so thank you.

regards
Chris

Spidercat
July 14th, 2008, 21:34
Plus RS6s are usually not daily drivers (or at least shouldn't be in my opinion), so I do not see increasing fuel prices having much of an effect.

Why not? (As mine is a daily driver, I'm just curious about your opinion. If I don't drive it almost everyday, I tend to get edgy.)

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 01:34
Hi Chris.

It costs about £100 too to fill up, but you will notice how quickly it empties as well!

Om A run you will get 20mpg, but would be surprised if you got 22, but you may.

Motorway runing is definately more economical unless you see 200 yds of open road then you will drive like a granny with her snatch on fire.......
I start off with the best of intentions, but soon the i find that i sucumb to the smile factor- it really is smiles to the gallon.

Let me know where you are, and if you are not to far, come for a spin, you will see what I mean, and, you will risk divorce, you will want one....

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 01:37

Our fuel prices have nearly doubled over here as I am sure you know, so it is having an effect. We are paying nearly $10.00 a gallon- what are you paying over the pond??

Spidercat
July 15th, 2008, 02:04
Depends where you live. Northeast US (Philadelphia area) about $3.90 or so (per gal), Hawaii about $4.60 or so (per gal). This seems to change daily, though (the bastids). So about slightly less than half, I guess, compared to UK. Sucks that only 3 years ago it was 1/4 to 1/3 of this here! Don't get me started. This is about cars, not politics.

DuckWingDuck
July 15th, 2008, 02:09
$4.49/gal for "premium" (91 oct) seems to be the cheapest around me. I paid $4.57/gal over the weekend.

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 02:13
Can you get 97 or even 99 octane over the pond?
I agree, cars not politics, but even so, half price fuel man...... I am soooo jealous.

DuckWingDuck
July 15th, 2008, 02:54
Mooch, ya, there are a couple stations around that sell "racing" 100 octane fuel. I've not yet tried it myself, may give it a whirl when I get my car back.

Copper
July 15th, 2008, 03:49
Just arrived to Huntsville, AL from Atlanta, GA (about 350 miles) and reset the computer before the trip. Checked the average MPG on the computer and shows 22.3 for me. Just had the car serviced and run 89 octane. This is as good if not better than most cars that I've seen in the US. City/Highway I'm averaging 19.9MPG.

Not bad for a chipped 500+ HP V8TT.

DuckWingDuck
July 15th, 2008, 09:01
speaking of comparing fuel prices....

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 09:24
I will see you all in Venezuela then!!

grizz
July 15th, 2008, 09:42
$4.49/gal for "premium" (91 oct) seems to be the cheapest around me. I paid $4.57/gal over the weekend.

Wow , I pay £1.26 a litre ($2.52) So it's just over $10 a gallon !!!!!

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 16:53
Grizz, Tesco is definately the way forward. Spend 50 quid on shit stuff like cleaning materials and bog roll and get 5p a litre off. AND tesco 99 is 123.9 per litre so 118.9 is in the realms of boggo sans plomb!

Then waste all your savings driving to waitrose to stock up on Guams and pimentons........

gjg
July 15th, 2008, 20:17
Then waste all your savings driving to waitrose to stock up on Guams and pimentons........

moocher, remember the 87.x liters in your tank while back? Shell pump?

Well, this Sunday morning on A2 between Berling and Hanover I managed to pump 88.34 liters of Shell V-Power Racing in to my 82 liter tank... Oh, did I say my "refuel" light just came on as we pulled to the pump?

So, I am forwading everything to Shell Germany as the pump operator refused to discuss anything other than the fact that Audi 82 liter tank must accomodate 90 liters of Shell gasoline as standard feature.

Does anyone of board have any experoience with such highway robbery on Germany? Is there a Government Agency handling such claims? :doh:

DuckWingDuck
July 15th, 2008, 20:46
what the eff! 88.34 litres is crazy!

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 21:38
I can beat that! I had a 90 litre fill up the other day! I imediately reported it to shell, got a phone call back from shell uk who said they will look into it. Its a good job this was postwd as trhey were supposed to call me back in a week and havent, so i will be chasing that up.
Interestingly, apparently you can get upto 5 litres extra in a tank depending on the ambient temperature!!!!?????!!!???? Thats a gallon and I think bollox, but according to shell..........

ben916
July 15th, 2008, 23:33
"That's called stealing..."

In the US, each operator of a station has to have the pumps measured for accuracy every year or every other year. Recalling from my foggy memory (Not Fogarty from WSBK), it is a city or county thing here.

cornishmoocher
July 15th, 2008, 23:55
>< Carl Fogarty!

I will let you know what the outcome was when I call in the morning, but they did mention getting the pump checked. I do not use them any more tho!

ben916
July 16th, 2008, 02:26
Carl was wicked fast until he landed on his humerus...

gjg
July 17th, 2008, 06:48
I can beat that! I had a 90 litre fill up the other day! I imediately reported it to shell, got a phone call back from shell uk who said they will look into it. Its a good job this was postwd as trhey were supposed to call me back in a week and havent, so i will be chasing that up.
Interestingly, apparently you can get upto 5 litres extra in a tank depending on the ambient temperature!!!!?????!!!???? Thats a gallon and I think bollox, but according to shell..........

a gallon extra? Whom are they kidding? I had at least 5 liters in the tank, ambient was about 16C, there is no way to do that.

And 296 km later I had to refuel again, fuel light ON, and fill (Shell again - no choice on autobahn....), 78.12 liters.

Shell in Germany is not talking and neither is the pump operator - actually they told me "too bad", so I spoke with the bank and will dispute the charges on credit card - and that may get more interesting.

Oh, and I will, today, locate the German gornment office to file a complaint for improperly measured fuel. We shell see.... :doh:

Rutkowsky
July 17th, 2008, 20:58
Go for it, robbing :censored: !

Leadfoot
July 17th, 2008, 23:30
Saw the new RS6 in dark blue metallic and wasn't as impressed as I was with lighter colours. The alloys are to die from, Audi's best design by far.

Though it's still not my favour Audi.

That title belongs to the TT/S (to date that is), that front end is so pretty.