PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make a CHIP for our cars yet?

AvusRS6
July 18th, 2003, 02:40
Next wednesday I have an appointment with Autothority. They will pull my ECU and look at the "figures" to see what more they can squeeze out. Also looking to get 19" Axis Se7en 3 Pcs wheels.

Bauer
July 18th, 2003, 03:07
AvusRS6,

I would check out MTM and Abt. They are very reputable tuners for Audi's. I currently have a MTM chip in my 92 S4 and I have been extreamly happy. From my understanding the owner of MTM used to be the lead engineer for audi racing program and helped design the 5cyl 20v turbo motor. I know that both mtm and Abt offer several different stages of tuning from 500hp to aprox 600hp. See this page for MTM figures

http://www.qstuning.com/list_for_car.asp?car=rs6

I would probably let only someone with vast Audi experience touch my car. In the U.S. Joe Hoppen is a authorized tunner for MTM here is the web address

http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/about%20us.htm .

I hope this helps and good luck.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4modified
03 RS6 ordered

AvusRS6
July 18th, 2003, 14:52
Thanks a lot Bauer, I think I will contact them today. I will probably do the 500HP Chip. I'm gonna call the dealers and see how much a ECU costs.

jconley
July 18th, 2003, 16:12
You can usually by the ECU from the tuners cheaper than from the dealer- I am going ot go with MTM, but I will put at least 5000 miles on the car first

J

nene
July 18th, 2003, 16:17
Don't call the dealer.

Call your tuner directly, and they will get the extra ECU and chip it for you. Much easier this way. One stop shop!!!

Bauer
July 18th, 2003, 16:32
Joe Hoppen is a Tuner and authorized dealer for MTM and I think the only authorized dealer in the U.S. atleast according to MTM web site so who ever puts the chip in your car will probably get it from Him. Also AvusRS6 e-mail me directly when you get a chance I have some other info that might be helpful.

ben_lee_bauer@yahoo.com

Bauer

01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

John Quinlan
July 18th, 2003, 23:04
I know APR has a car on order so you can expect a chip soon thereafter. They are also offering direct port tuning (the new software is loaded via laptop directly through the OBD-II port, the ECU is never even touched). They will also have their EMCS available (where you can change from stock program to chipped mode, to valet mode, etc. all done through the cruise control stalk. Should be available soon.