PDA

View Full Version : Selling my RS6. 41K Miles, RSNE, XM, K-40, Clearbra, New PS2s, Avus - $45K

Copper
July 10th, 2008, 22:20
Hi All,

Need to sell of one of the RS6s:

Paid $53K with 26K miles on 8/8/07

41K miles

Avus Silver - Exterior Mint. Prof washed every week and detailed every 6 months by High-End Detail in Atlanta at my home.

Black Leather Interior - Leather is perfect. Just had the control and door inserts replaced under warranty by the dealer in March under factory warranty since they were peeling.

Carbon Fiber Trim

Sound Enhancing Exhaust (Black Tips)

RNSE Upgraded Navigation (I have the factory stock radio in a box) $3000 installed

XM Radio Module (I have the factory XM module in a box)

DICE Ice-Link iPOD Adapter for the radio (Works well!)

Built-In K-40 Radar Detector (Front and Rear) with Laser detector and jammer installed in the grill all professional with built in dash LEDs $1500 installed

Fidelity Extended Warranty - 4 years - Transferable to the new owner $2500
Car was under factory warranty until March 2008

Audi dealer serviced only. Both 35K (Major) and 45K (just done) completed $1799 and $220

3M Clear Bra whole kit on the front of the car and factory clear protectors on the fenders just replaced (they were a little yellowish) $825

Upgraded Tail Lights to Hella LEDs (I have the OEM tail lights in a box as well) $300

(4) Brand New Michellin PS2 Sports purchased last month with less than 300 miles on them and on-car high-speed wheel balance along with front and rear alignment completed at the same time by Butler Tire. $1800

Revo Flash Program with SelectPlus VAG Programmer and software. 515+HP. Can select stock 450HP all the way to race fuel and custom programs. I have not raced this one (my other one has been to the 1/4 mile track a few times) $900

Legal window tint all around (legal in Florida and Georgia, your state may vary) - Came with the car when purchased

Total investment: $65,844

No dents, dings scratches, or excuses. Only area on the entire car is a small rock ding on the windshield about 2mm in size. Thats it. If you ware looking for the very best RS6 example in the Unites States than this is it. I spared no expense on this car and am very very picky about my cars.

DRC was just inspected and the rear system is being replaced under warranty. Also the upper control arm bushings are being replaced under warranty. I had the entire car inspected today and nothing else was found.

They had the car inspected by the only certified RS6 tech at the local dealership - Jim Ellis Audi. We both went through everything. I was not having any problems with the DRC (no clunking or soft ride) but I pointed out a very small area on the rear passenger's side shock that looked like a small leak while it was on the rack. I pushed hard to have the system replaced to be proactive and after a day of calls to Audi they agreed to just replace the whole rear system. The new owner won't have to worry about the rear DRC. The front all looked great, no leaks and the pressure is perfect. I think Audi is starting to understand that this system is flawed so they are not putting up any resistance at all to cover the replacement even though the system is working fine. A leak is a leak so fix it now before it becomes a serious problem later and they agreed.

I am the second owner and this car was purchased by the previous owner at Champion Motorsports in Miami, Florida. This car is titled and registered in Florida but is currently at my house in Marietta, Georgia. I'm getting something more practical to keep at the Florida house.

I need to take some recent photos once I get the car back from the dealer when the work is completed. That will be some time next week.

Thanks for looking.

DuckWingDuck
July 10th, 2008, 22:49
Damn Copper, sorry to hear about you letting it go. A tremendous car. Why are you letting the one with the Revo programming go and not the stock one?

Copper
July 10th, 2008, 23:09
I don't drive this one at all. Sits at my house in Florida so I sort of bought it on a whim since it is hard to find a mint RS6 with such low miles (26K at time of purchase). I don't need two Avus Silver RS6s.

I can get Revo again if needed but the business mobile needs good MPG so it will remain stock and rack up the miles I guess.

Just fishing right now really, I'm in no hurry to sell it.

Also, I am considering (Very seriously) a 997TT or an S6 that I can play with. I'm still kicking the idea around.

If I put any more miles on the Florida RS6 the value will start dropping so I'm at a cross-roads so to speak... sell or commit to it for the long term.

You can't get rid of me that easily!

Copper
July 12th, 2008, 18:54
Wow! RS6 sold! But not this one. My other one. I was at a customer site yesterday driving my business RS6 chatting about cars with my contact there (he has an E39 M5) and took him for a quick spin in my RS6. Told him I had one for sale, but he didn't want to spend over $40K so I sold the other one. Completed the transaction today.

I'm keeping this one so no longer for sale.

:rs6kiss:

peiserg
July 12th, 2008, 19:16
C-dog,

what's the ipod adapter you have? I was quoted $700 at a local car place for my stock audi system to get an ipod hookup. where can i get it.

DuckWingDuck
July 13th, 2008, 01:51
haha, nice. Congrats on the sale copper!

Copper
July 15th, 2008, 02:54
That's expensive. I think I paid less than $200 for mine?

Company is Dension DICE - ICE-Link adapter. Works great. Sounds better with your iPod to play MP3s than the SD slots on the RNSE system. If you have stock Bose, then I'm no sure about the sound or the kit but it should work.

Here is the link: http://www.diceelectronics.com/

Good luck!

DetailersDomain
July 15th, 2008, 04:49
congrats!

DuckWingDuck
July 15th, 2008, 05:06
phil, what's your opinion on meguiar products? I notice that in your detailing writeups, you almost never mention their products... I was down at their corporate offices this past weekend for a detailing class. Seems pretty cool.

DuckWingDuck
July 15th, 2008, 05:15
copper, so the icelink integrates with the rns-e? how does it compare with the audi ipod integration?