PDA

View Full Version : ABS failure

MikeL01
July 9th, 2008, 23:23
After a spirited run in the mountains the ABS, ESP and brake light began to flash and beep. I pulled over, checked the fuses and brake fluid... ok. Checked the brakes and they seemed to work fine. Brought it to the Audi dealer in Louisville and the next day was told the ABS had an internal short and the entire unit had to be replaced for $2,700.00 (100% covered by the extended warrenty) I was told this is the 3rd RS6 ABS they have replaced and the unit (not just the electronics pack) had to come from Germany...5 to 7 business days. Did get an s4 convertable for my pain and suffering. Even with the ABS/ESP out, the car was fine on the 70 mile ride home.

Spidercat
July 10th, 2008, 02:20
That's great that the aftermarket warranty covered it. Even better that you got an S4 as a loaner! I asked Audi about a loaner while my DRC is getting replaced (luckily also paid for by aftermarket warranty) but they didn't have ANY cars available. I had been driving a Saturn tomato crate paid for by the warranty co, but the 15-day limit ran out today. It's gonna be another week or so, so maybe if I ask again I'll get lucky. Right know I'm bumming rides and driving my wife's A4. I didn't know if Audi gave you a loaner to be generous (since your aftermarket warranty is footing the bill) or if that's standard practice (Audi loaner for Audi client, no matter whether original or aftermarket warranty).