PDA

View Full Version : rs6 with s6 leds

safsrs6
July 8th, 2008, 00:45
rs6 with s6 geniune led lights, so whaqt do people on this forum think of em?:addict:

Audifan92
July 8th, 2008, 00:52
They look amazing!!!
Get some night shots if you can

DuckWingDuck
July 8th, 2008, 00:54
Not bad at all. Did you take some photos of the installation? How much did the whole thing run you?

HeadShot
July 8th, 2008, 03:19
HAd thought about this awhile... i thought you could mount them higher where the natural bumper recess was - ref you pics ( made to fit i'd say then finish with a bumper repair compound to finish flush.)It would mean building those areas up to match the LED thickness then blending at the bottom and all dependant on LED thickness. The cost on a set of these from the dealer was cheep - i believe something like $180 per side without the wiring harness??) Definately worth trying.
Great job but each light looks like it halos abit due to the backing or lack of and the restriction in airflow when some owners pay $7k to ditch the fog lights and add more cooling worries me.
Don't take that the wrong way mate... any mod takes ball on our rides... the elec. wiring always worries me terribly with a short to fry the comp. Looks like you pulled that off without a hitch. really nice job...
whats next???

Best regards..
HS

snoopra
July 8th, 2008, 06:06
They look great! :0: I too was thinking of having my fabricator put my LED's in the recessed area of the bumper but it involves cutting the renforcement bar:( I may try it since yours looks sooo good:thumb:

DuckWingDuck
July 8th, 2008, 06:17
won't these LED get in the way of the tow hook?

safsrs6
July 9th, 2008, 00:12
hi guys! sorry but didnt take any pics as i was gettin so peeed off and inpatient with it all just couldnt be asked, b4 any1 tries doing this i adviz u if u aint got patienc and time dont start it as i was pulling my hair out at 1 point! originly i wanted to put them in the recess aswell took car to a few good body shops but no 1 realy wanted to touch it as ther is so much pipin and crap behind the crash bar and bumprthat ud have to make a lot of changes to it all and ud have to loos the head light washers as they go behind the bar, the light units r not small they tak alot of room in depth i had to modify the lights to fit basicly cut the ends of them, but im very happy with the way they look ill take some nit snaps when i take the car out at weekend, if any ones doing this good luck and ill be happy to assist.

safsrs6
July 9th, 2008, 00:14
won't these LED get in the way of the tow hook?

hi mate for these lights i was willing to sacrific the tow bar, if it does ever break down then ill worry bout it then! :addict:

safsrs6
July 9th, 2008, 00:19
HAd thought about this awhile... i thought you could mount them higher where the natural bumper recess was - ref you pics ( made to fit i'd say then finish with a bumper repair compound to finish flush.)It would mean building those areas up to match the LED thickness then blending at the bottom and all dependant on LED thickness. The cost on a set of these from the dealer was cheep - i believe something like $180 per side without the wiring harness??) Definately worth trying.
Great job but each light looks like it halos abit due to the backing or lack of and the restriction in airflow when some owners pay $7k to ditch the fog lights and add more cooling worries me.
Don't take that the wrong way mate... any mod takes ball on our rides... the elec. wiring always worries me terribly with a short to fry the comp. Looks like you pulled that off without a hitch. really nice job...
whats next???

Best regards..
HS

hi mate the lights look like that cuz of the angle i took pics, the wiring well i didnt wana make any whols in the das or fiddle bout with the wirng so i wired them upto the fog lights original wirin and control them with fog light switch simpl,trust me i was shitting my self just incas it all went rong but i think i did well it took a whole day 10 hours but worth the result. nxt i wana remap it but not sure who to use and if to get both gearbox and engine ecu remapd or just engine.. any ideas?:rs6kiss:

vangelis
July 9th, 2008, 08:51
Hii, I wanna fix them plz,, could you plz tell me which parts needed (with part numbers) and average cost? Is there any modification regarding the size need to be done at the bumper?? I need the steps so i can follow to fix them easily. Thankss a lot ,, they looks amazingg

bigh
July 9th, 2008, 14:53
I wonder what these look like actually on the '6?
Plus you get to keep the oringal fog light.

http://www.lltek.com/HFL_A6_C5_facelift.htm (scroll half way down the page)

Spidercat
July 10th, 2008, 01:57
nxt i wana remap it but not sure who to use and if to get both gearbox and engine ecu remapd or just engine.. any ideas?:rs6kiss:

Check out the ECU/TCU sticky thread. Aside from subtle differences, I bet all the ECU remaps feel pretty similar from the driver's seat. Just get one that fits what you're looking for. I took a LOT of time waiting/researching, but finally decided on the Revo because
a) the tuner lives a few miles away and is a very reputable guy and uses Revo stuff in his own Audi.
b) The system is totally selectable- in less than a minute you can switch among valet mode, stock mode, different grades of fuel-premium to race, anti-theft, etc. without any problems.
c) it's inexpensive (like $1K or so including the selectable switching box)
d) it's flashed to your ECU through the OBD II port (no need to open up the ECU and send anything anywhere and wait).

So far I found it to be great, no complaints at all, and a few others have this ECU also. Others have MTM, GIAC, O.CT, APR, DNA, etc, and most like their setups as well. I think most claim arounf the same BHP, like 510-520 at the crank on premium fuel, more on race fuel. What ever one you go with, it's like night and day. Remember the magical all-powerful feeling when you first opened it up? After awhile, though, it becomes kind of mundane? Well, when you chip it, it's like falling in love all over again. Then there's always race fuel... :revs:

I'm getting my TCU done now by Hoppen Motorsports while the car's being serviced. Unfortunately, the TCU has to be physically removed for this (no flashing available as far as I know) and sent to them. I'll post the results in the above sticky when I get it back. I'm mainly doing this for the quicker shifting, since I drive in Tip mode 99% of the time, and many said that the gear changes are noticeably quicker after the TCU mod. I never knew I had a problem until someone brought it up, and then it was always there (or at least my perception that it was slow). I guess I'll see. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I can't stand going this long without my RS6 fix! I'm almost pulling my hair out, and I bet I've been being very annoying around the house, lately. :vgrumpy:

Spidercat
July 10th, 2008, 01:58
Nice lights BTW! I like them a LOT more than I thought I would when I read the title. Really sharp and OEM-looking! :thumb:

safsrs6
July 11th, 2008, 00:08
Nice lights BTW! I like them a LOT more than I thought I would when I read the title. Really sharp and OEM-looking! :thumb:

hi mate tnx i lov the lights realy change the look at the front, so where r revo based? did it include the gearbox ecu remap?:addict:

Spidercat
July 11th, 2008, 07:44
Revo I believe are based in Switzerland (not sure), but have distributors in the US and elsewhere. See http://www.revotechnik.com/ for details and enter your info for a local distributor. No, the Revo flash is ECU only. The TCU has to be physically removed and sent for remapping. I sent mine to HoppenMotorSports, a US MTM distributor. They did the work and sent it back already via 2 day air. Will write in the ECU/TCU sticky when I pick up my car (still waiting on DRC parts). There are a few other threads that talk about how to remove it if you want to remove the TCU yourself (located below passenger side floorpanel on US models). Your car will be out of commission while awaiting the shipping, which is why I waited until I had to get some work done.

safsrs6
July 11th, 2008, 23:10
Revo I believe are based in Switzerland (not sure), but have distributors in the US and elsewhere. See http://www.revotechnik.com/ for details and enter your info for a local distributor. No, the Revo flash is ECU only. The TCU has to be physically removed and sent for remapping. I sent mine to HoppenMotorSports, a US MTM distributor. They did the work and sent it back already via 2 day air. Will write in the ECU/TCU sticky when I pick up my car (still waiting on DRC parts). There are a few other threads that talk about how to remove it if you want to remove the TCU yourself (located below passenger side floorpanel on US models). Your car will be out of commission while awaiting the shipping, which is why I waited until I had to get some work done.

tnx mate