PDA

View Full Version : Blue 03 RS in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

DHall1
July 6th, 2008, 21:12
Hi all,

I noticed this car in Autotrader last week and while its not in the right state...I wanted to see the Dk Blue in person. I do like the color but had issues with a couple of items on the car.

37k miles but been through 3 owners already.

Ride height was very, very low. No fender gap at all on the front tires. Could someone have changed springs or is the DRC shot? The car did drive terrible and bounced all over. I didnt realize the failed DRC could drop the ride height that low.

Paint condition was ok and the interior showed signs of some wear.

42k price. Way too high.

Still looking.

Dave

DuckWingDuck
July 6th, 2008, 22:04
ya, high number of ownership is disturbing and if the ride is horrible, STAY AWAY!

DHall1
July 6th, 2008, 22:23
Still the overall condition of the car is good. Its just the suspension that is screwed up. Nothing 10000 dollars cant fix. If he gets real on price with the suspension issues and drops to 30k. We can talk.

Boosted-Bora
July 7th, 2008, 00:04
get KW's for 3K and be set

DHall1
July 7th, 2008, 01:07
Boosted,

I understand your point and most likely would go down that road.

However, a seller looking to sell a 3 owner RS6 with a completely shot DRC has little choice. Take a leap of faith that 6-10k in repairs actually fixes the problem or go out and get KWs or drop 6-10k in price. Depending on the said financial position of the seller the first two are tough to undertake given the car is being sold and spending 6-10k more will not assure a sale of the car.

However, dropping the price 6-10k will get the car sold in an instant. Then its up to the new buyer to fix the issues.

That is where I stand. When the seller sits on the car alittle longer and determines which course to take. I may offer and take the risk on myself. But my offer will take the said risk into account.

mmaturo
July 7th, 2008, 22:07
or you can have my sorted out, still under warranty daytona gray/interior silver w/ 64K miles...about to trade it in...

Boosted-Bora
July 7th, 2008, 22:54
agreed. (dHall)

DHall1
July 8th, 2008, 00:56
Ok,

Send me a PM. My only concern with Chicago is the salt use in the winter. But I will consider that option.

Thanks

or you can have my sorted out, still under warranty daytona gray/interior silver w/ 64K miles...about to trade it in...

DuckWingDuck
July 8th, 2008, 00:57
Dhall, interesting proposition, I think that if you're dealing with a dealer, then I would speculate that they would rather fix the problem rather than dropping the price 6-10k. Since these parts won't cost them that much! Of course, were I in your shoes as a prospective buyer, I would much rather that they lower the price.

DHall1
July 8th, 2008, 01:07
Not a dealer,

Private seller that "bought it from a friend who had to move out of town" He has had it 2 weeks.

I think he is trying to cash in and most likely paid around 30k for it. Asking 42k because "thats what most of the cars on Autotrader are going for."

The car handles like crap. He even admitted it. I dont think anyone in thier right mind will buy this car the way it drives.

Dhall, interesting proposition, I think that if you're dealing with a dealer, then I would speculate that they would rather fix the problem rather than dropping the price 6-10k. Since these parts won't cost them that much! Of course, were I in your shoes as a prospective buyer, I would much rather that they lower the price.

DuckWingDuck
July 8th, 2008, 03:09
oh, private seller? Then slam him on the price!! $25K take it or leave it!! Hehe.