PDA

View Full Version : Finally arrived ...a short review

jasaretta
July 1st, 2008, 04:19
Well last Saturday I finally picked it up. Black, carbon blades, carbon interior and engine bay, B&O stereo, manual. I apologise for my simplistic review ;) and there is nothing that hasn't already been said.

This car is nothing lie I remember the demo car that I drove. It seems lighter and more directional. Clutch feels much lighter. As a daily commute car it has proven to be very comfortable. Even in heavy traffic it is a jo to drive although quite different to my RS4 which I traded.

The interior is great - very well finished and the bluetooth phone option works very very well. I would like the steering wheel to be as thick as the one on the RS4 but that's a small thing.

The engine response also feels quite different to my RS4 - it seems to hit its straps at about 3500rpm. and then just wants to take off. Sound is amazing. Just amazing.

I am also enjoying the different drive bias - much more to the back - feels very different and almost like you can flick the back out - which I haven't done yet :D

I think Tiff from 5th gear summed this up - this is a car that you immediately sink into and you become part of the car more and more. The drive is great and comfortable enough to drive for long stretches and not get tired.

I love this car. Next is the drive day at Phillip Island which will be at the end of july - best thing is it is in Audi's R8 not mine!!!

If you have the chance - buy one! :R8kiss:

James

The RS6
July 1st, 2008, 07:34
I'm jealous! Man, I have a few more exams till the end of college, and stories like these make me wanna learn more so one day I could afford a car like that :D

Enjoy the ride!

M3 owner
July 1st, 2008, 09:13
Congratulations mate & my commiserations 2 your driver’s licence.Please post pics as soon as u can & don't be stingy with the film.
I cannot believe that this is your daily driver.I wouldn’t even attempt to use this car as a daily driver in Sydney as our lanes r 2 narrow & every road has a speed hump/roundabout.
The criminals r carjacking Audis in Sydney like crazy.The r RS4 & 6 is the weapon of choice for ram raiders. A week doesn’t go by without the local paper reporting a stolen Audi.What’s it like in Melbourne?

sandman
July 1st, 2008, 10:35
I will be at the Phillip Island drive day. Iam looking forward to it.Should be a great day as long as it is not to cold.

Send some pic when you can.:R8:

DJim
July 1st, 2008, 12:17
Congratulations!
whats with your website? http://www.saretta.com/

RXBG
July 1st, 2008, 14:02
congrats,

i'm glad they didn't deliver it upside down!

it is also nice to hear the point of view from a former RS4 driver. i can totally see it being used daily. only reason i do not at times is that my back has some issues and the getting in and out can aggravate it. notwithstanding poor roads the car itself is easily driven every day. you almost feel like you shouldn't because it is so special and exotic, but yes.. you can!

M3 owner
July 1st, 2008, 22:39
They had a similar event for the RS4,right? Phillip Island, Brad Jones & a Yellow RS4? I remember reading something about it in the Audi Magazine.
Guys, take ur cameras 2 this event.

jasaretta
July 2nd, 2008, 06:24
Congratulations mate & my commiserations 2 your driver’s licence.Please post pics as soon as u can & don't be stingy with the film.
I cannot believe that this is your daily driver.I wouldn’t even attempt to use this car as a daily driver in Sydney as our lanes r 2 narrow & every road has a speed hump/roundabout.
The criminals r carjacking Audis in Sydney like crazy.The r RS4 & 6 is the weapon of choice for ram raiders. A week doesn’t go by without the local paper reporting a stolen Audi.What’s it like in Melbourne?

Never hear of carjackings here. Thank God!

I reckon why buy it if you won't drive it ?? LOL

jasaretta
July 2nd, 2008, 06:25
Congratulations!
whats with your website? http://www.saretta.com/

Just a way to keep friends informed about our up coming parties :cheers: